Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

I got a text from my younger brother about convincing my sister to get vaccinated. I do not understand why she hasn't done it! When I brought it up to her a few weeks back, she got very defensive and I backed off. Now things are much worse with the Delta variant. Jon (our brother) said he just lost a good friend to Covid so he is stepping up the pressure on Lynda to get the shot. Our other brother is going to talk to her about it. Hopefully if we all "gang up" on her, she will be convinced. I know Fred, her husband, got the shot.
It's none of your business, if she doesn't want to get the shot that's her choice, don't try to bully someone into doing something with their body that they don't want to do.

• Disagree
Reactions: Lou
I got a text from my younger brother about convincing my sister to get vaccinated. I do not understand why she hasn't done it! When I brought it up to her a few weeks back, she got very defensive and I backed off. Now things are much worse with the Delta variant. Jon (our brother) said he just lost a good friend to Covid so he is stepping up the pressure on Lynda to get the shot. Our other brother is going to talk to her about it. Hopefully if we all "gang up" on her, she will be convinced. I know Fred, her husband, got the shot.
I'm can empathise with you.

It's probably fear based. That's why she got defensive. It can be difficult or even impossible to help her. But I hope that she'll eventually understand.

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
It's none of your business, if she doesn't want to get the shot that's her choice, don't try to bully someone into doing something with their body that they don't want to do.
You are right, it is her choice and no one should be bullied into something they aren't ready for.

Chryssie also has her right to tell her sister about her feelings, worries and wishes in hopes that as time goes by, her sister will understand and will transform her opinions and takes the right action.

But in case that change won't occur, I hope that Chryssie acknowledges that it wasn't her fault and that she can't be responsible for other peoples actions and choices.

About a week ago I was walking on my favourite track and there was a group of Asians taking some photos of some young calves one lady was about 1 inch away from the electric fence so I just politely pointed out to her that it was an electrified fence she was very grateful very kind .
I could then hear ,I assume, the translation going through the group of what I just said .I noticed a young teenage Asian boy looking up at me screwing his nose up and then he reached out and grab the wire .
The shock went through him nearly cutting him in half. It was not a battery electric fence it was a mains electric fence, some people you just can’t help.

.I noticed a young teenage Asian boy looking up at me screwing his nose up and then he reached out and grab the wire .
The shock went through him nearly cutting him in half. It was not a battery electric fence it was a mains electric fence, some people you just can’t help.
We used to call that Evolution In Action. Darwin Award candidate.

It's been theorized that slowly, gradually, incrementally, the human race would get smarter over time via Evolution in Action.

:Looks Around:
Well, that's not happening.

• Agree
  • Friendly
Reactions: Blues and Emma JC
I can't get the Covid pass to work on my phone and my husband thinks there is a glitch as it worked for him and my brother. I need it to show I am double jabbed for the concert next week so I will have to get it sorted before then!

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
While I acknowledge that it is indeed my sister's choice what to do with her own body, my siblings and I are worried about her. I will not bully her!! I love her and do not want anything to happen to her.
💙
I would also think it’s an issue of her passing along the virus to others, whether the others are vaccinated or not. It’s not just about her. My son would have preferred not to get it but since he lives with us, he knew it was the right thing to do. Plus my grand daughter is not eligible for the vaccine and we want her to be safe when we have family gatherings.

If things keep escalating the way they are, we are considering getting tested before getting together for Christmas. I know it’s a long way off but it’s something we are thinking about unless granddaughter can get the vaccine before then.

At home test kits are available…if you can find a store that isn’t out of stock.

Reactions: Emma JC
My daughter’s friend had an in person doctor appointment on Friday. She was notified that it was changed to telehealth. When the doctor came on the screen he apologized and said he just tested positive for covid. He had been to dinner with five other people, all vaccinated. One other person tested positive so he and the other four got tested also. They were all positive and all asymptomatic.

Oh happy day.

I wonder how many vaccinated people are walking around with covid and have no symptoms. At least it’s good to know they’re not getting sick, but it doesn’t bode well fit the people who are refusing to get vaccinated or who aren’t eligible yet.

I wonder how many vaccinated people are walking around with covid and have no symptoms. At least it’s good to know they’re not getting sick, but it doesn’t bode well fit the people who are refusing to get vaccinated or who aren’t eligible yet.

Yes but that is the risk that they're taking.

Reactions: KLS52 and Emma JC
Chatting with my friend in Caribbean. They have a curfew there. 9pm in week and 6pm on weekend.

• Wow
Reactions: Emma JC
While I acknowledge that it is indeed my sister's choice what to do with her own body, my siblings and I are worried about her. I will not bully her!! I love her and do not want anything to happen to her.
Chryssie, is there any way you can sit down with your sister and try and let her open up about her reasons why she wont get the jab .

Reactions: Deleted member 3018
Chryssie, is there any way you can sit down with your sister and try and let her open up about her reasons why she wont get the jab .
Yes I could do that. During our discussion, my brother thought maybe David, our other brother, should be the one to talk to her first. I hope he has a good argument and her younger daughter got the vaccine so that may help convince her too.

We used to call that Evolution In Action. Darwin Award candidate.

It's been theorized that slowly, gradually, incrementally, the human race would get smarter over time via Evolution in Action.

:Looks Around:
Well, that's not happening.
Then why are you so worried about covid?, CDC study finds about 78% of people hospitalized for Covid were overweight or obese