Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

In Orange County (Orlando), they are re-advising wearing masks as the covid numbers are going up due to non-vaccinated people spreading it. They have studied the cases and this is a fact. Too many people are refusing the vaccination.

• Sad
Reactions: Emma JC
In Orange County (Orlando), they are re-advising wearing masks as the covid numbers are going up due to non-vaccinated people spreading it. They have studied the cases and this is a fact. Too many people are refusing the vaccination.
Probably a good idea! Too many that aren't vaccinated are going without masks. I think an awful lot of us that are are still wearing masks in stores! I am

The government should have never imposed any restrictions, almost nobody wants to get sick, and most people don't want their friends and family to get sick, ask any anti-masker, their views are based on distrust of the government. I think if the government just did nothing people would do the responsible thing themselves. As for not enough people getting vaccinated the way to solve that is to stop silencing anti-vaxxers, if something is truly safe you should be able to prove it in an open and honest debate.

• Haha
Reactions: Tyll
The government should have never imposed any restrictions, almost nobody wants to get sick, and most people don't want their friends and family to get sick, ask any anti-masker, their views are based on distrust of the government. I think if the government just did nothing people would do the responsible thing themselves. As for not enough people getting vaccinated the way to solve that is to stop silencing anti-vaxxers, if something is truly safe you should be able to prove it in an open and honest debate.

I'll have to suggest a new emoji to IS for you. Something like this?

4869413.jpg

Have you ever met an anti-masker who wasn't a conspiracy theorist of some sort?
I am giving you that award for your statement, "if something is truly safe you should be able to prove it in an open and honest debate."

The theory that the measles vaccine causes autism goes back to 1998. By 2004 there was already strong evidence that there was no connection. By 2010 the original article was retracted and shortly after that the author lost his medical liscnece. But to this day, anti-vaxers still cite this article.

We have had nothing but " an open and honest debate." on this for over 1O years. but the number of anti-vaxers continues to grow. (See Tennessee).

It wouldn't be so bad if the anti-Vaxers were just harming themselves. (I'm all for evolution in action) but innocent babies who aren't old enough for some vaccines also get sick.

Mark Twain commented on this over 100 years ago. By the time The Truth has tied his shoelaces, the lie has gone around the world.

Have you ever met an anti-masker who wasn't a conspiracy theorist of some sort?
So to be fair to you, I wouldn't call this guy naive. So maybe I shouldn't call you naive. Basically you are expressing the same thing.
so if not naive, what?

Well, I would probably describe this guy as some combination of hopeful and desperate. What do you call it when someone cry, "well, we had to do Something!

Oh for goodness sake😧, so will that include you Raven.
No, I don't as he doesn't have any symptoms. He had a hospital appointment yesterday and he had his temperature taken there and it was normal. He got the text in the early hours of the morning today.

We were going to have the person round to our house for another viewing but the estate agent said they will have to wait until my husband comes out of self-isolation as you aren't allowed visitors to your house.

Hi, hope everyone is well... have been freezing here... cold and stormy, the winter is feeling quite long...

The vaccine rollout is continuing here... i need to tell you guys something about this...

I am not looking to get the covid vaccine. The reason is that I have a genetic condition, diagnosed by the family GP when i was in my early 20s. Basically I am on the contraindiction list for these vaccines. i have had other vaccines before but these are a new type and they not recommended for my condition. So, that is how things are now.

You have to do what’s right for you. My daughter is hesitant to get my grandson vaccinated. He is 12. It’s one thing to make a decision for yourself as an adult but another when you’re responsible for the well being of a child. She knows she will give in eventually. She’s just holding off a bit to see if any knew developments pop up.

You have to do what’s right for you. My daughter is hesitant to get my grandson vaccinated. He is 12. It’s one thing to make a decision for yourself as an adult but another when you’re responsible for the well being of a child. She knows she will give in eventually. She’s just holding off a bit to see if any knew developments pop up.

I can understand that... especially with a 12 year old. Yes it is very different than making a decision for yourself.

The vaccine rollout has been slow here as they had medical and border staff first, i was thinking in terms of my age group which meant September would be when my age would be contacted by then, but then it occurred to me that this condition could be an issue so i did some research on it and... thats where i am at now..

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52
Luckily he does want to get it. Several of his friends and classmates already have it. That will make it easier for when she does decide. I think she’s looking at early next year when I think it will open up to a younger age bracket. My granddaughter will be 11 in March. They are going to Costa Rica next year and I think she would like them to be vaccinated.

Luckily they don’t balk at mask wearing. They don’t seem phased by it at all. I think we don’t give kids enough credit…they can be very resilient if they are in the right home environment, especially considering how spoiled they can be, here in the USA, when they have all of life’s necessities and then some, as compared to what other children go through in some other areas/countries.

My daughter, aged 9, is an avid mask wearer.

The situation here in the UK is looking a little better in terms of number of new cases at the moment, which is fantastic. It must be the effect of the relatively high ratio of vaccinated vs unvaccinated people. But we have not yet seen the effects of the lifting of almost all remaining restrictions last week, the so-called "freedom day".

Luckily he does want to get it. Several of his friends and classmates already have it. That will make it easier for when she does decide. I think she’s looking at early next year when I think it will open up to a younger age bracket. My granddaughter will be 11 in March. They are going to Costa Rica next year and I think she would like them to be vaccinated.

Luckily they don’t balk at mask wearing. They don’t seem phased by it at all. I think we don’t give kids enough credit…they can be very resilient if they are in the right home environment, especially considering how spoiled they can be, here in the USA, when they have all of life’s necessities and then some, as compared to what other children go through in some other areas/countries.

We dont have any kids that age in my extended family, the kids are either now 18 and over, or still very little, i dont know what to cal them.. second cousins?

we keep having fishing boats arrive with covid on board, and we also have a rumbling volcano... i think we have enough to worry about anyway, these days...

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
Hi, hope everyone is well... have been freezing here... cold and stormy, the winter is feeling quite long...

The vaccine rollout is continuing here... i need to tell you guys something about this...

I am not looking to get the covid vaccine. The reason is that I have a genetic condition, diagnosed by the family GP when i was in my early 20s. Basically I am on the contraindiction list for these vaccines. i have had other vaccines before but these are a new type and they not recommended for my condition. So, that is how things are now.
.....and a good reason why everyone who can get the vaccine SHOULD get the vaccine!

• Friendly
Reactions: Freesia