Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

They're to young to consent, I don't have a problem with a mature adult deciding to get vaccinated, but no one should get vaccinated without consent.
Have you considered a career as a gravedigger?

I'm sure all the overworked doctors and nurses appreciate the surge of COVID patients. Why don't you go explain your vaccine position to them?

Better yet, why don't you go volunteer at the full ICU hospitals in Florida? Now that's acting according to your beliefs. Seeing all those people on ventilators might change your mind.

It's easy to voice your ideals when you personally don't suffer the consequences of the COVID surge.

Last edited:
This popped up in my newsfeed this morning - how appropriate.

Some of the best lines:

“How much should government constrain citizens’ otherwise rightful activities to lower the risk?” she asked. “We may be entering a period… when countries will need to reassess their willingness to use the law to protect the most vulnerable and to advance the common good.”​
No matter where one stands, it puts a new spin on the famous line delivered at America's founding by Patrick Henry: "Give me liberty or give me death."​
So, why do so many turn down the shots and shun masks? Is it a social syndrome that puts self-interest above the common good? Is it a stand for principle? Is it something else?​
“Even as the pandemic highlights our mutual dependence, it is striking how little solidarity and shared sacrifice it has called forth,” he noted. “The pandemic caught us unprepared – logistically and medically, but also morally. … (It) arrived at just the wrong moment – amid toxic politics, incompetent leadership and fraying social bonds.”​
In the end, however, COVID-19 has no politics or ethical code. The virus, acting on a principle of proliferation, has killed more than 4.2 million people worldwide – especially now those who didn’t get shots.​
The moral, Tipton suggested: “Being a good citizen is being mutually responsible. If you believe in the gospels, wear your mask.”​
The question is not whether government should constrain personal liberties in the public interest, she concluded, but when and how.​
“I think if we want to accept the benefits of living in a society,” Berg added, “we also have to accept there are some constraints on individual liberty.”​
More than a lack of civility, Hieronymi said, “we’ve lost sight of the common good.​

Reactions: David3
If the first shot has been given (Pfizer), but not yet the second, does it still provide protection in highly crowded areas, such as schools? Educate me please. Even though... I don't know if I really want to know.
The school is about to start and I feel like I'm going to walk the green mile. :joy:

Last edited by a moderator:
If the first shot has been given (Pfizer), but not the second, does it still give protection in highly crowded areas, such as schools? Educate me please. Even though... I don't know if I really want to know.
Some protection.

Not sure of the numbers but I'm going to say if the second shot is like 80%, then the first shot is like 40%

No matter what, keep your mask on, try to maintain social distancing as much as possible, and keep washing your hands.

Make sure you have a good mask and are wearing it properly, too.

If the first shot has been given (Pfizer), but not yet the second, does it still provide protection in highly crowded areas, such as schools? Educate me please. Even though... I don't know if I really want to know.
The school is about to start and I feel like I'm going to walk the green mile. :joy:
Make an appointment to get the 2nd shot. Make the appointment today.

You need the 2 nd jab and most probably a booster shot in the long term.

Well, damn. Thank you for the information.
The second shot would be 8.9. So more than a month.
Would it be a good idea to go get the shot earlier than what was originally planned?

I have heard that when the first vaccine has been given, you can get the Corona, but the symptoms won't be that bad. But I don't know if that's true.
I'd rather get the side effects from the vaccine than the symptoms from Covid.

Reactions: Emma JC
I have heard that when the first vaccine has been given, you can get the Corona, but the symptoms won't be that bad. But I don't know if that's true.
I'd rather get the side effects from the vaccine than the symptoms from Covid.
Vaccine side effects are potentially unpleasant, but it’s better than accidentally spreading actual COVID to another person. The people responsible for the COVID resurgence are the people who refuse vaccination. Those people have blood on their hands.

Reactions: Deleted member 3018
Vaccine side effects are potentially unpleasant, but it’s better than accidentally spreading actual COVID to another person.
Yeah, agreed. I wouldn't want to do that either.
I'm always so extremely careful not to spread COVID that I didn't even take that as an option into consideration.
But it could happen. No matter how careful one is.
So the vaccine is very important.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had no side effects from either of my Pfizer shots. but some people felt sick for a day.

and they say even if you get covid while partially vaccinated - you have a much smaller chance of getting sick or really sick.

• Informative
Reactions: Deleted member 3018
This popped up in my newsfeed this morning - how appropriate.

Some of the best lines:

“How much should government constrain citizens’ otherwise rightful activities to lower the risk?” she asked. “We may be entering a period… when countries will need to reassess their willingness to use the law to protect the most vulnerable and to advance the common good.”​
No matter where one stands, it puts a new spin on the famous line delivered at America's founding by Patrick Henry: "Give me liberty or give me death."​
So, why do so many turn down the shots and shun masks? Is it a social syndrome that puts self-interest above the common good? Is it a stand for principle? Is it something else?​
“Even as the pandemic highlights our mutual dependence, it is striking how little solidarity and shared sacrifice it has called forth,” he noted. “The pandemic caught us unprepared – logistically and medically, but also morally. … (It) arrived at just the wrong moment – amid toxic politics, incompetent leadership and fraying social bonds.”​
In the end, however, COVID-19 has no politics or ethical code. The virus, acting on a principle of proliferation, has killed more than 4.2 million people worldwide – especially now those who didn’t get shots.​
The moral, Tipton suggested: “Being a good citizen is being mutually responsible. If you believe in the gospels, wear your mask.”​
The question is not whether government should constrain personal liberties in the public interest, she concluded, but when and how.​
“I think if we want to accept the benefits of living in a society,” Berg added, “we also have to accept there are some constraints on individual liberty.”​
More than a lack of civility, Hieronymi said, “we’ve lost sight of the common good.​

YAY! Communism!