Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

I wear my t-shirt mask when I go into stores and it is really hard to breathe under it. I do not wear it on my walks as I rarely see anyone walking. I wash out the cloth mask with dishsoap when I get home from an outing.
Yeah I think people forget to wash their masks and keep wearing for long which is dangerous.

I think people should be educated about this fact

Reactions: alexw32 and Emma JC
I noticed something illogical about the 6ft rule: When someone walks towards your direction on a narrow sidewalk or worse, indoor hallway, even if you avoid coming into close contact (6ft apart) when passing by each other, afterwards when you walk back onto the center of path where the person was previously walking you'll still be breathing the air exhaled by that person, especially when there isn't any wind, and same goes for that person who'll be inhaling your breath too.

It seems to me that the safer way of not contracting the virus is to wear masks at all times, merely distancing oneself from others still presents higher levels of risk.

when you walk back onto the center of path where the person was previously walking you'll still be breathing the air exhaled by that person, especially when there isn't any wind, and same goes for that person who'll be inhaling your breath too.

I think that's why most of the grocery stores direct people to walk in the same direction down each isle. There's also speculation that bikers and runners should not exercise in packs for that very reason. That even though runners could be six feet apart, the runners behind run in the runners ahead wakes.

I noticed something illogical about the 6ft rule: When someone walks towards your direction on a narrow sidewalk or worse, indoor hallway, even if you avoid coming into close contact (6ft apart) when passing by each other, afterwards when you walk back onto the center of path where the person was previously walking you'll still be breathing the air exhaled by that person, especially when there isn't any wind, and same goes for that person who'll be inhaling your breath too.

It seems to me that the safer way of not contracting the virus is to wear masks at all times, merely distancing oneself from others still presents higher levels of risk.

These thoughts you have are getting a lot of news coverage lately. Most of it has been caused by a Belgium study that was Pre-published. That means it was not peer-reviewed and people need to be at least a little skeptical. However, it has been picked up by the media and has produced a lot of news articles. I linked four below. If you just google safe distancing and exercise and Belgium you will get like another 100.

I was lucky and I found the Wired story very early. (I used to subscribe to Wired and my News Feeder knows to grab those. ) If you just read one of these stories - read this one:

-https://www.sciencealert.com/here-s-the-expert-advice-on-a-recent-study-on-safe-distances-while-running

-https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/horror-new-simulation-shows-just-how-dangerous-your-outdoor-run-could-be--c-969064

-https://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/health-and-fitness/article-joggers-need-to-be-even-farther-than-two-metres-when-going-past-you/

-https://medium.com/@jurgenthoelen/belgian-dutch-study-why-in-times-of-covid-19-you-can-not-walk-run-bike-close-to-each-other-a5df19c77d08

Reactions: alexw32

I think that's why most of the grocery stores direct people to walk in the same direction down each isle. There's also speculation that bikers and runners should not exercise in packs for that very reason. That even though runners could be six feet apart, the runners behind run in the runners ahead wakes.
I always get infuriated by the amount of sudden runners: there has never been such quantity of runners and bikers over here. I mean, previously, they were coming home from work, dropping their body on the sofa, switching on a tv, taking pizza and beer and sitting like this the whole evening... And suddenly they eager to do outdoor activities, when these activities are basically forbidden, and tbh, not very ethically approved. Moreover, these "newborn" runners are literally ready to sit on your head. I even HAVE to avoid the pavements, and i walk where cars should ride, therefore, i'm pi$$ing off the drivers, who are probably swearing out loud, haha. But what can i do, if these ubiquitous running and biking humanoids are breathing onto your nape.
Also, frequently, i walk behind a dude/dudess who is smoking heavily and spreading his/her smoke 100 meters around, and this smoke stays behind him/her at the first place. And i noticed a long time ago, that i can still smell it (a.k.a. it's still in the air), if he/she is already 100 meters away from me. It means that a virus that is so small in diameter, can stay for minutes in the air, and anyone who is in radius of 100 meters can inhale it. :pout:
Btw... The same is about perfume (i'm very sensitive to perfume, as i'm allergic to all of it, and i can smell its particles in the air even if the person left the place 10 minutes ago),- i frequently detect the location of people, e.g. at work, by the odour which is still in the air, even if they are gone,- and i can find them in the building by following the traces of their perfume odours or other odours. It proves this statement again: even social distancing is not a guarantee for safety, but when they sit on your head... i dunno... it's not allowed to say this, but sometimes i want to give them a good punch with my cane.🤦‍♀️:yuck:

Last edited:
I'm always get infuriated by the amount of sudden runners: there has never been such quantity of runners and bikers over here. I mean, previously, they were coming home from work, dropping their body on the sofa, switching on a tv, taking pizza and beer and sitting like this the whole evening... And suddenly they eager to do outdoor activities, when these activities are basically forbidden, and tbh, not very ethically approved. Moreover, these "newborn" runners are literally ready to sit on your head. I even HAVE to avoid the pavements, and i walk where cars should ride, therefore, i'm pi$$ing off the drivers, who are probably swearing out loud, haha. But what can i do, if these ubiquitous running and biking humanoids are breathing onto your nape.
Also, frequently, i walk behind a dude/dudess who is smoking heavily and spreading his/her smoke 100 meters around, and this smoke stays behind him/her at the first place. And i noticed a long time ago, that i can still smell it (a.k.a. it's still in the air), if he/she is already 100 meters away from me. It means that a virus that is so small in diameter, can stay for minutes in the air, and anyone who is in radius of 100 meters can inhale it. :pout:
Btw... The same is about perfume (i'm very sensitive to perfume, as i'm allergic to all of it, and i can smell its particles in the air even if the person left the place 10 minutes ago),- i frequently detect the location of people, e.g. at work, by the odour which is still in the air, even if they are gone,- and i can find them in the building by following the traces of their perfume odours or other odours. It proves this statement again: even social distancing is not a guarantee for safety, but when they sit on your head... i dunno... it's not allowed to say this, but sometimes i want to give them a good punch with my cane.🤦‍♀️:yuck:

Yeah, this epidemic became a wonderful opportunity for people to enjoy outdoor activity... I see the same phenomenon here in Ontario Canada, the parks and trails aren't short of avid explorers, when they previously were completely apathetic about heading outside.

I can totally relate to what you said about odors. When I go for walks in the forest I can easily "sense" the presence of people in the vicinity before I can see them, thanks to the strong scent they're carrying either from perfume or clothing detergent, meanwhile other people seem to be entirely oblivious to it, possibly due to the fact that they're so used to the chemical smells ( or worse, they carry it themselves )

The state wide "stay at home" order expired yesterday and the governor has proclaimed "stage 1" of Florida re-opening to begin Monday. However, today when I went to the library to drop off and pick up material, I noticed a lot more traffic and the thrift store by the library was open. I also got an email from Tuesday Morning (a store) that the stores were opening today. It seems they are ignoring the Monday opening order. I hope this opening up of things won't backfire. :unamused:

Ohio rule are contradicted- we're going to begin allowing certain businesses to reopen starting monday. We hadn't had any laws requiring masks, but Monday the same essential manufacturing places will require employees to wear masks, but not stores :hmm:.
Why should we, that have been working this whole time, shopping and whatever, without masks, suddenly have to wear one for work, but not shopping or anything else? We can go out and about in places I expect would be more crowded, but care so much more when we go to work? If that isn't a$$ backwards!
And....WE are being told we have to take our tempurature and symptoms and not come to work if we have: a headache, cough, shortness of breath, muscle pain.....we'll be short people if they all stay home!

I'm so beyond sick of how this is being handled. Soooo sick of everyones version of where and why it came from.
I'm so afraid all the evidence of how climate change is controlled by humans will be lost. I about got into it with a coworker who, while he agreed with me on human interference held firm on their absolute right to do it! :mad:. When he belched about how it's his right to not wear a mask and how we need to open up the economy I let him know he was nothing but a cafo bull and that there are others with more "absolute rights' who need to control him.Not that they want him to suffer, but they need there cheap labor and need him to be confined
Oh course this probably isn't making any sense but god it so ****** me off! Got on about factory farming and everything.....:bang:

Here is an article about the opening of Florida:

It is not that specific and local authorities can set their own guidelines. Evidently DeLand is going for it as several stores have announced on FB that they are opening on Monday.

• Informative
Reactions: alexw32 and PTree15
did my clapping/pot banging at 7pm and in an hour, at 9 pm, we are all going out to light up the night with our flashlights on on our phones as a thank you to the health care workers... not sure if it is just an Ontario (Canada, not California) thing

Emma JC

did my clapping/pot banging at 7pm and in an hour, at 9 pm, we are all going out to light up the night with our flashlights on on our phones as a thank you to the health care workers... not sure if it is just an Ontario (Canada, not California) thing

Emma JC

Nope, corporate media world wide has apparently encouraged this behavior. Such activities are used to cement the reality of situations with emotion, general herd think and (in some cases) the perception of worldwide solidarity:

It's an amazing spontaneous coincidence across the world...encouraged by worldwide media conglomerates...complete with sappy music

Last edited:
I know a paramedic and he was on a job just as the 8 pm clapping thing started and everyone on the street was applauding him. He says he is getting lots of free food from restaurants and he is staying in a hotel all paid for. :heart_eyes:

This Bill Maher New Rule was linked at the end of the New Rule about factory farming that was posted here a few days ago.
"If it bleeds it leads" simply put is a business model.

• Agree
Reactions: Lou