Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

We finally were able to order some home tests for both of us. They are only meant to be the most effective for the first three days of the symptoms so it might be too late already. They are supposed to take 48 hours to be delivered as well.

His manager said that they were going to increase staff at his work too and get more staff back there.

There are enough idiots around, who are violating the law and trying to prove something by doing weird sh*t and breaking all thinkable and unthinkable rules.
Like these dudes.👇 It was yesterday. Just look at them. I don't have anything against apes, ...but these are apes... with bbq. 🤦‍♀️ These "Instagram bloggers" were doing "a challenge", which required to make bbq in the city center, at this place. This is "Sennaya ploschad'" ("Hay square"). It's not only prohibited to make food there, but even beggars are not allowed to sit there, because it's a public place, which is also included in the list of "Saint-Petersburg's cultural heritage". These dudes were fined heavily for violating several rules and laws at once.
It's interesting, that when their escapade appeared in the internet, no one liked it. The vast majority, who are meat eaters themselves, accused them in putting others at risk, and also in sacrilege (because it's Hay square, after all!) Plus, the song that is playing, is full of disrespectful disgusting jokes about this covid situation! (It's a new song, and it promotes mindless careless bahaviour during the pandemic). They apologized today, but no one cares. There were only 4 of them (the 4th one was filming), but more of bbq luvrs are expected everywhere, in every city and settlement of our country's 85 regions. Most of them are hiding from the police and from other people, but what's the difference, if they are still socializing and infecting each other.
Dances with bbq in the city center (warning: meat is involved).

Last edited:
Yesterday, i heard on the radio, that very soon NZ will "switch" to level 2... They said, it's not clear yet, which restrictions will be cancelled, and which will remain. I hope, at least some options are going back to normall for you soon.:hug: I saw a list with comparison of cases worldwide a couple days ago (i actually can see it at any minute,- this site "stopcoronavirus.rf" provides daily updates of the info about all countries). And i saw on that list, that NZ is doing very well compared to other countries,- even to the countries that are equal in size. That's what Jacinda Ardern said during her interview on the morning show "Jono & Ben" a few days ago! Can you believe it? I was having a walk (approaching my house), listening to "the Hits 97.4 Auckland". And it was just like that: they called her ~at 7.30a.m. (local time), she was up, and she was in a very good relaxed mood. She was just telling about her family, her home atmosphere, what and how she was doing, etc. The hosts were very relaxed too, making jokes and calling her simply "Jacinda" (but not every time, lol). She also said something about the economic situation, about how great NZ was doing, especially compared to other places, about what is needed to be done to support business, etc... I really liked that interview!
How on Earth did you listen to the Hits radio from Russia, it is on the other side of the Earth?!?

• Haha
Reactions: Val
There is a nursing/rehab home near me with about 50 cases and 2 deaths. I feel so sad for them. I applied online for kitchen management there and I am grateful that I have not received a call back. There are so many senior living facilities in FL that have had outbreaks and deaths.

I received word last night that the nursing home that my dad is in has 3 cases of Covid-19 and they are all asymptomatic and this just goes to show how much it is in the community that no one knows about.

It is a town of about 70,000 people and they thought they only had 9 cases in the community, in total, and that all had already been resolved. The premiere of our province, Ontario, decided that all nursing homes must be tested in the whole province and so that is the only reason that my dad's home was even tested as there were no suspicions.

My dad was not one of the ones that tested positive although 2 of the people in his area have and they are now isolated and all the residents are being kept in their rooms. They had initiated no visitors back at the beginning of March and the staff started wearing masks a few weeks ago so it is not through negligence that this has happened.

I am thankful that the people that tested positive are not showing any signs of it and hope that they stay well. My dad is 97 and aware of everything that is happening and is staying cheerful.

This highlights the challenges and also why testing is so so important. If you don't know where it is then you can't protect against it and protect the most vulnerable. Many people will have it and never even know and for the person next to them it could be deadly.

Emma JC

I received word last night that the nursing home that my dad is in has 3 cases of Covid-19 and they are all asymptomatic and this just goes to show how much it is in the community that no one knows about.

It is a town of about 70,000 people and they thought they only had 9 cases in the community, in total, and that all had already been resolved. The premiere of our province, Ontario, decided that all nursing homes must be tested in the whole province and so that is the only reason that my dad's home was even tested as there were no suspicions.

My dad was not one of the ones that tested positive although 2 of the people in his area have and they are now isolated and all the residents are being kept in their rooms. They had initiated no visitors back at the beginning of March and the staff started wearing masks a few weeks ago so it is not through negligence that this has happened.

I am thankful that the people that tested positive are not showing any signs of it and hope that they stay well. My dad is 97 and aware of everything that is happening and is staying cheerful.

This highlights the challenges and also why testing is so so important. If you don't know where it is then you can't protect against it and protect the most vulnerable. Many people will have it and never even know and for the person next to them it could be deadly.

Emma JC
I hope your dad will be OK.

Emma JC

((((hugs)))) glad your dad is safe...my grandmother is also in a nursing home and we have been skyping with her every day. Ask the nursing home if they could bring a laptop in his room so you can video chat..

Is this just the beginning of many permanent closures?

Many restaurants and retail shops will be closing permanently. Many shops in the UK have closed down and some major shops are closing stores in certain towns. Debenham's is closing down 5 of it's shops.

((((hugs)))) glad your dad is safe...my grandmother is also in a nursing home and we have been skyping with her every day. Ask the nursing home if they could bring a laptop in his room so you can video chat..

Thank you so much, everyone, for your kind encouragement.

When I spoke to him yesterday afternoon he was a bit confused and said he was having "one of those days" so I explained that it was the extra stress that was making life seem a bit off and suggested that he just rest.

Emma JC