Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

I contacted 111 (the non emergency NHS helpine) and I have to self-isolate for 7 days as I woke up with a cough today. My husband has to isolate for 14 days. I said I didn't feel that ill but it must be the cough thing. I don't have a temperature.

Everyone has to self-isolate, like, now! In the USA, where people aren't self isolating (as much), there are/were about 3000 cases per million inhabitants (including probable and recovered cases), and the world average is only about 450 (including probable and recovered cases)

• Friendly
Reactions: Mischief and Lou
Everyone has to self-isolate, like, now! In the USA, where people aren't self isolating (as much), there are/were about 3000 cases per million inhabitants (including probable and recovered cases), and the world average is only about 450 (including probable and recovered cases)

The stay at home order in Florida has expired and Phase one of opening everything starts Monday. There was a lot more traffic out on the roads this weekend. My son said that their local Walmart was packed with people today and there was no social distancing as people were ignoring the one way aisles, He said it hasn't been that busy in a long time. Beaches and most parks opened up as well and the weather has been extremely nice so I know the beach was packed and I don't know how well they can enforce the social distancing rules which are still in place.

Some parts of Australia are opening out too. Not sure what will happen here, we will hear next week.

The state that I live in, has just approved to re-open children's playgrounds.

i heard some things like that are happening. had some tv press conferences today but they were unclear about what will be happeni g in Nz.

Reactions: Val
i heard some things like that are happening. had some tv press conferences today but they were unclear about what will be happeni g in Nz.
Yesterday, i heard on the radio, that very soon NZ will "switch" to level 2... They said, it's not clear yet, which restrictions will be cancelled, and which will remain. I hope, at least some options are going back to normall for you soon.:hug: I saw a list with comparison of cases worldwide a couple days ago (i actually can see it at any minute,- this site "stopcoronavirus.rf" provides daily updates of the info about all countries). And i saw on that list, that NZ is doing very well compared to other countries,- even to the countries that are equal in size. That's what Jacinda Ardern said during her interview on the morning show "Jono & Ben" a few days ago! Can you believe it? I was having a walk (approaching my house), listening to "the Hits 97.4 Auckland". And it was just like that: they called her ~at 7.30a.m. (local time), she was up, and she was in a very good relaxed mood. She was just telling about her family, her home atmosphere, what and how she was doing, etc. The hosts were very relaxed too, making jokes and calling her simply "Jacinda" (but not every time, lol). She also said something about the economic situation, about how great NZ was doing, especially compared to other places, about what is needed to be done to support business, etc... I really liked that interview!

• Friendly
Reactions: Blues and Freesia
Yesterday, i heard on the radio, that very soon NZ will "switch" to level 2... They said, it's not clear yet, which restrictions will be cancelled, and which will remain. I hope, at least some options are going back to normall for you soon.:hug: I saw a list with comparison of cases worldwide a couple days ago (i actually can see it at any minute,- this site "stopcoronavirus.rf" provides daily updates of the info about all countries). And i saw on that list, that NZ is doing very well compared to other countries,- even to the countries that are equal in size. That's what Jacinda Ardern said during her interview on the morning show "Jono & Ben" a few days ago! Can you believe it? I was having a walk (approaching my house), listening to "the Hits 97.4 Auckland". And it was just like that: they called her ~at 7.30a.m. (local time), she was up, and she was in a very good relaxed mood. She was just telling about her family, her home atmosphere, what and how she was doing, etc. The hosts were very relaxed too, making jokes and calling her simply "Jacinda" (but not every time, lol). She also said something about the economic situation, about how great NZ was doing, especially compared to other places, about what is needed to be done to support business, etc... I really liked that interview!

Jono and Ben are a tv comedy duo,. didnt know they were on the radio.. i think i need to listen to 97 more often :) ...

i listen to 98.2 (or is it 98.15 sometimes..) mostly 70s and 80s music..

yes, we are still waiting to hear about Level 2 but considering with the last level change, a week was given between the change, im not really expecting a sudden change to level 2, and they are saying a decision has not been made yet as to the when of it. I am hoping for it.

Reactions: Val
I'm not sure the measures are worth doing--too many just don't care, so making masks mandatory at work or stores seems worse when it's not done properly.
We now have to wear masks, but there are no stipulations to what they're make from, and so many people are opposed to their "freedoms" being taken away they're not being as considerate as they were before. This really is all about everyone doing their part to reduce the spread, not just some being overzealous.
I wish it would only take those idiots....

I have to say, I was so moved by President George W Bush video message. I was mortified when he was president, but it was so good to hear a message of unity, with clarity and compassion for everyone.