Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

What I'm not worried about: Catching the so called coronavirus. From the various pieces of information that I have either read or seen, it is clear to me that this is little more than a worldwide exercise in mass hysteria and police state measures to counter an overblown threat. I haven't had the flu in somewhere over a decade or so, even though I've been around people at times that have had it. The flu stopped for me pretty much around the same time I gave up pork, shellfish and most dairy (prior to going vegan the only dairy I had was a little in my coffee). I know from experience that mucous and other flu like symptoms come from what one eats, primarily, although there is often a delayed reaction or clean-out done by the body especially in the colder months.

What I am concerned about: That the people perpetuating the hysteria will get what they want: Police state measures and worldwide "co-operatives" to "battle the threat".

I posted a video earlier in this thread. I wonder if anyone watched it. Seriously, a serious think tank/planning scenario involving influential organizations preceded the so called epidemic literally less than 2 months before it happened. That's sort of significant unless one is prone to "coincidence theory"

We're laying low for a bit & not really going out at all. E & I have terrible coughs, have had various illnesses one after another & can hardly be walking around in public coughing & looking unwell - imagine what people would think!

All of our food shopping was delivered last week with no problems so I'm hoping that will continue & we don't have to stock up too much. I'm just getting a little bit more than the usual.

While there is much fear around this virus that is truly irrational, so are your responses.
This is not just a threat to the elderly. This is not just threat from a virus. This is a threat to everyone who contracts it that has underlying health conditions. This is a threat to every one who has any health emergencies that can't get proper attention because it's diverted elsewhere. This is a concern to all those who may not receive a paycheck due to their inability to work, for a myriad of reasons that this epidemic is causing. This a concern to those who don't have childcare, and can't afford childcare, when their schools are closed. This is a concern to those who've lost money on travel expenses. This is a concern for those who DO have feelings for those who are truly impacted.
I don't know where on earth you are, but in most areas everyone is in some impacted.
You've been nothing but dismissive, and really quite rude here, and I don't understand what you get from posting on a thread that doesn't concern you

I quite disagree, my responses are completely rational and I've provided rationale.

Well, I've already addressed topic of vulnerable people be it old folks or people with weak immune systems or specific health problems that would put them in severe danger due to exposure. Former should accept drastically increasing chance of dying and former occurs only in very rare cases to the point death rates are well below 1 % until age 50, then in you've whopping slightly over 1 % mortality rate, the horror. Reaching 60's to 70 death occurs in only moderately lower than 4 % of cases. Double that in case of age of 70. Meaning your odds of survival are in high 90's until age 70 in average circumstances. Given it's symptoms and first world countries are equipped to do a heavy lifting this will be an much of an issue in impoverished countries mainly. Rest of noted are external factors resulting from a hysteria. Kind of like people believing there is a witch in town that is responsible for their misfortune and that belief leads to a lot of ruckus in town but witch in itself isn't causing the ruckus as in first place witch doesn't exist. Given first world countries at very least tend to have some sort healthcare for kids from poor families it ain't the issue. Those who are truly impacted overwhelmingly face increasing prospect of death or live in impoverished countries or are poor in countries with non/almost non-existent social healthcare.

I'm not obligated to not be dismissive and rudeness is a subjective criteria that varies from culture to culture and individual to individual. I'm not concerned with appearing to be rude to someone, as if I were I would never spoke anything. Not sure why you even bring this up as If i were name calling others, essentially closest thing to a commonly accepted behavior considered to be rude. Simply, author asked a question, I did answer it trying to reign some hysteria about issue and some people replied to my post and we had conversation about issue.

Last edited:
A few recipes with store cupboard food:

Peanut butter curry
Serve hot, over rice or noodles, or with bread to help soak up the sauce. A peanut butter jar is seen above

Peanut Butter Curry.

Serve hot, over rice or noodles, or with bread to help soak up the sauce. A peanut butter jar is seen above
  • 1 tbsp olive or sunflower oil1 tsp paprika
  • ½ tsp turmeric
  • ½ tsp cayenne pepper
  • ½ tsp chilli flakes
  • 1 x 400g tin of coconut milk
  • 2 x 400g tin of chickpeas
  • 4 tbsp peanut butter
  • 1 tbsp tomato puree
  • 1 x vegetable stock cube, crushed
  • 50g frozen spinach (or other frozen veg)
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice (optional)
Heat oil in a large frying pan and add the spices.

Cook for a few minutes to bring out the flavours before adding the coconut milk, chickpeas, peanut butter, tomato puree and crushed stock cube.

Cook on a high heat for five to ten minutes until it thickens. Add the frozen veg and (if using) lemon juice and cook for another five minutes.

Serve hot, over rice or noodles, or with bread to help soak up the sauce.

Here's why I think everyone should relax. I suspect some of you think ol Neko is a crazy tin foil hat wearer, and to be sure, I am. So don't listen to me.

I think what you should pay attention to is the people wearing gas masks in Madonna's mid 2019 Tel Aviv concert:

YWnz8O.gif

https://j.gifs.com/YWnz8O.gif

which obviously predates the "outbreak". My best guess is that this was just a bit of entertainment, and the people in the gas masks didn't really die when she blew on them. They all get up in the end/after the curtain falls, because it's all a bit of harmless entertainment that has nothing to do with the FUTURE (the name of the song being sung).

Nothing to do with corona-virus. Nothing at all. This is from her album "Madame X" (2019). Here is the back cover:

iu

You see? A corona typewriter. That's just a coincidence. 2019? Another coincidence. Madonna in concert blowing down gas mask wearers in 2019 singing song FUTURE, another coincidence.

Relax. It's corporate media. They are not independent. It isn't a free press. It's mass suggestion, predictive programing and hysteria for political ends.

I’m curious as to who, specifically, are the master minds behind this so called planned disaster/hysteria? I’m picturing a round table with several people...men, perhaps...are there any women there?...sitting around discussing how to capitalize on this new found virus. So just who is sitting at this table? Serious question as I want to understand this way of thinking.

I'm curious to know who's been stocking up with loo paper ? :rolleyes: :p :D

How 'herd behaviour' is driving the toilet paper panic

''Another part of the toilet paper panic can be explained by crowd psychology.
When we see other people doing something, we feel like we should be doing that, too.
It's what psychologists call 'herd behaviour', and it happened when I saw the supermarket attendant stockpiling toilet paper behind the counter.
"If you see someone buying something, and you don't buy that, and it's then unavailable, you can feel buyer's remorse," Dr Bowden says''

• Agree
Reactions: Emma JC and Val
Yes! I still don’t know how I missed this one item when planning for a disaster. Maybe because it’s usually a snowstorm that threatens to confine us to our homes. And it’s never for more than a day or two. And it’s not like there is a TP shortage. There’s plenty. It’s just that the stores can’t keep up with the people who feel the need to have 100 rolls lol. I only have 9. I’m not gonna lie...if we end up getting sick and have to be quarantined for two weeks, I’m a little concerned that it might not last! I will try to get a couple more if I should see any when I’m out and about.

I’m curious as to who, specifically, are the master minds behind this so called planned disaster/hysteria? I’m picturing a round table with several people...men, perhaps...are there any women there?...sitting around discussing how to capitalize on this new found virus. So just who is sitting at this table? Serious question as I want to understand this way of thinking.

If only it were so easy. At this point, putting names forward is speculation. That being said, generally speaking the people who organize these kinds of events (by that I mean events that have worldwide political implications, whether that be wars, terrorism and associated legislation, "planted" ideas in mass media, sometimes years before events (like 9/11))...

are extremely wealthy, fund various think tanks that are to the public eye charitable foundations, and operate in several exclusive organizations, either directly or through their funding.

To name a few...The Bilderburg Group, the Trilateral Commission, The Council on Foreign Relations, the Tavistock Institute of Human Relations are among them. However, that's only if one believes the insiders or whistle blowers. The organizations and people who belong to them generally don't go broadcasting either their membership or their plans, but prefer to do it through mass media hints/focus.

Yes! I still don’t know how I missed this one item when planning for a disaster. Maybe because it’s usually a snowstorm that threatens to confine us to our homes. And it’s never for more than a day or two. And it’s not like there is a TP shortage. There’s plenty. It’s just that the stores can’t keep up with the people who feel the need to have 100 rolls lol. I only have 9. I’m not gonna lie...if we end up getting sick and have to be quarantined for two weeks, I’m a little concerned that it might not last! I will try to get a couple more if I should see any when I’m out and about.

So, what would happen if you did run out of LP ?;)o_O No other bits of paper, no running water? :eek:

My only concern would be running out of coffee. :D:grinning: I'm going to leave shortly to pick up my Click & Collect and I have ordered 10 tins
of coffee...... but only because it was on SO. :laughing:

How 'herd behaviour' is driving the toilet paper panic

''Another part of the toilet paper panic can be explained by crowd psychology.
When we see other people doing something, we feel like we should be doing that, too.
It's what psychologists call 'herd behaviour', and it happened when I saw the supermarket attendant stockpiling toilet paper behind the counter.
"If you see someone buying something, and you don't buy that, and it's then unavailable, you can feel buyer's remorse," Dr Bowden says''

Not me, I use a bidet! But, I almost wish I had the foresight to do so, that and flour (wholewheat and white), which was totally sold out from the supermarket shelves today (which is saying something, as it's a fairly large section)...then I could have marked up the price for the desperate poo smearers for not having my water squirting vision :laughing:, and maybe just put up the flour like $1 for my trouble of being a retailer and taking the risk that someone would assume *I* had bought it all only to resell ....

Reactions: Val and KLS52
Not me, I use a bidet! But, I almost wish I had the foresight to do so, that and flour (wholewheat and white), which was totally sold out from the supermarket shelves today (which is saying something, as it's a fairly large section)...then I could have marked up the price for the desperate poo smearers for not having my water squirting vision :laughing:, and maybe just put up the flour like $1 for my trouble of being a retailer and taking the risk that someone would assume *I* had bought it all only to resell ....

I like those and they are great for that 'time' of month, but new flats and houses are no longer equipped with them. No LP is not a problem for me.:eek:

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Val
I like those and they are great for that 'time' of month, but new flats and houses are no longer equipped with them. No LP is not a problem for me.:eek:

You might peruse Emma JC's thread "what would you stock up on", where a couple of links are given for either portable ones or cheap ones one can fit to your own toilet. Sorry, too lazy to look for and provide direct link.

You might peruse Emma JC's thread "what would you stock up on", where a couple of links are given for either portable ones or cheap ones one can fit to your own toilet. Sorry, too lazy to look for and provide direct link.

I'm not stocking up with anything. o_O I'm not in a panic mode and have far more on my plate compared to a virus.

I have no place for a bidet in my tiny bathroom. When I'm out and use public toilets, I always use a bottle of water.:p

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
I would manage just fine without TP/LP. I am quite resourceful!
I definitely need to get more coffee! I tried ordering on amazon but they don’t have the decaf that I like. I can’t drink Folgers or maxwell house. :hurl: But coffee won’t help me if I don’t have Silk creamer because I will not drink it black. I can’t stock up on silk because I don’t have refrigerator space in my temporary place of residence.

I’ve been looking at bidets like this:

55E36F56-0963-44CB-97B4-C4AF5C169044.jpeg

For some reason I can’t figure out where the water comes from. Does it get hooked up to the plumbing? That’s too complicated for me lol.

Reactions: Val
I would manage just fine without TP/LP. I am quite resourceful!
I definitely need to get more coffee! I tried ordering on amazon but they don’t have the decaf that I like. I can’t drink Folgers or maxwell house. :hurl: But coffee won’t help me if I don’t have Silk creamer because I will not drink it black. I can’t stock up on silk because I don’t have refrigerator space in my temporary place of residence.

Same here. I need soya milk/cream as I dislike black coffee. :D

Reactions: KLS52