Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

I'm curious to know who's been stocking up with loo paper ? :rolleyes: :p :D

For some weird reason, I got this right. Went to Costco last week and bought a big pack of TP and Paper Towels.

I also bought 4 pounds of coffee. 👩‍🎓

For those bidet users amongst us, don't you need TP or a cloth of some kind to dry off? I've only used old fashioned bidets, and while I may have been using them incorrectly :???: , afterward, I was wet!

Oddly enough, while I know my family and friends would miss me when die, I know in time they will move on and be fine. I worry about leaving my cats. I have such a strong bond with the three of them. It breaks my heart just thinking about it. No one will take care of and love them like I do. ☹💙
I can relate... My cat is diabetic... her care is very expensive. If I die, I'm worried that no-one will take care of her. We also have a very strong bond. If I get sick, she'll suffer greatly. It's horrible to even think about.

I’ve been looking at bidets like this:

View attachment 20064

For some reason I can’t figure out where the water comes from. Does it get hooked up to the plumbing? That’s too complicated for me lol.
Mine is similar, thought no "self cleaning" mode. It was like $25. You remove the hose from the water supply and screw on the provided one which diverts to both the line to the toilet fill, as well as second to the the bidet nozzle in the toilet. The knob allows you to change the water pressure. It will be cold water in the winter, but I got used to it. I have microfiber clothes I use cause I got them as freebie somewhere. I'm probably the only on who uses it, my sons use TP.

For some weird reason, I got this right. Went to Costco last week and bought a big pack of TP and Paper Towels.

I also bought 4 pounds of coffee. 👩‍🎓

For those bidet users amongst us, don't you need TP or a cloth of some kind to dry off? I've only used old fashioned bidets, and while I may have been using them incorrectly :???: , afterward, I was wet!
I have microfiber cloths, but anything absorbant will do, cut up tee shirts, old thin towels....Yes you will be wet back there

Reactions: Val and KLS52
a bit off-topic for this thread:
@KLS52 and @StrangeOtter I used to worry about pre-deceasing my animal companions also. I'm 68, retiring this year, and it would have been easier to wait until now to start taking in animals who need homes... but I started adopting in January 1993, and plan to only foster with shelters from now on. For one thing, I think the percentage of animals who were killed instead of adopted back then was quite a bit higher than at present; I thought they "needed me" more then, and I believe I was correct. Also, I knew all too well that there were no guarantees that I would make it to my retirement years and become a "crazy cat-and-rabbit lady man". Now, if I become unable to care for any fosters living with me, there will be an arrangement for the shelter to come and reclaim them.

Back on-topic: like I said.. there are no guarantees that the Grim Reaper won't "harvest" me in the near future. But I'm in generally good health. Like several other posters, my main worry is that I might become infected, and then infect someone else who would become more severely ill.

ETA: maybe I shouldn't say this... but I suspect that your loved ones would never stop missing either one of you.

Last edited:
This letter touched me as the elderly are very often written off in our modern society.💖

"We have not forgotten about you."

"It must be so hard listening to endless news reports that end with 'don’t worry, this illness mainly affects the elderly, frail, vulnerable, or those with serious underlying health conditions'. What if that is you?" he wrote.

"Our passion as an intensive care community is fixing problems that can be fixed. Yet we often meet patients like you who have problems that cannot simply be fixed.

"As this virus continues to impact on the world, we will meet many more of you. Although we have fancy machines, powerful drugs, and talented staff, none of these things cure every disease. All they do is give us time – time to work out what is wrong, time to hopefully treat it, and time for people to get better.

"But sometimes we already know what is wrong, we already know that there is no effective treatment. And so sometimes the machines offer little, intensive care offers no fix. But hope is not lost. We have not forgotten about you."

I could easily not leave my house and do this for a few weeks. :smitten:
View attachment 20071
Yes. Friday at work they asked for updates on everyones contact info and made a point there would be test emails. Most everyone has a desire for a quarentine! The idea of having to stay home, not needing to run errands or obligations is so appealing! Even though we don't want our hours cut, as all of us in my dept regularly works overtime, working less sounds good! Of course they'res the reality of earning less to deal with......
This whole deal is just another screw-you to low income people, and those trying to get a leg up. It could be the ruin for new business start ups.
Now the rump talks about cutting payroll taxes. Yeah, take more out of medicare, medicaid and social security :hmm:
Right, medicare for all is too extreme

• Agree
  • Friendly
Reactions: Mischief and Val
There are a lot of households in my area with kids, so with the kids home it makes sense that there would be more bathroom visits. So I thought it was local people engaging in panic buying.

Nope, it's assholes taking advantage of the situation, who bought loads of TP, masks and hand sanitizer when the virus first hit the news.

Like this guy:

The article actually tries to make him the victim, because Amazon and Ebay won't let him sell his inventory for exorbitant prices. Boo hoo...

I bet Martin Shkreli is his hero.

Here's a big thing p'ss'ng me off- stocks, mutual funds. While everything is on sale those with disposible income are again making off like bandits while those without any money to spare look longingly on the sidelines. I took out a loan on my 401K for my dental work and while I'm kicking myself it's not as if I had an option. I look at mutual funds and wish I had money to buy--but I don't.
So those needing money can't get it, those who have money increase it

@KLS52 seems you're lucky to have your home when you did! I hear talk of furthering lowering interest rates. I hope the near future works in your favor!