Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

Since I was not contacted that I was in close contact with this anonymous person, no, I do not have to quarantine. Working only part time I see some of my co-workers only rarely, like the ones that work nights.
Well, that's a plus! I hope your co-worker will be OK, though.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
I don’t know if you guys watched to the very end. It ends with her asking, “mom, can I play on my iPad tomorrow” and she has a big grin and everyone laughs lol.
It’s true though. Has to be stressful for kids. Look at how it affects us adults. Some are just better than others at handling tough situations.
Haha, I did. I was happy she was OK after that. :)

A second employee where my mother lives tested positive. They are on pretty tight lock down and no resident have gotten it.
a couple of employees at my dad's home have also tested positive over the past few weeks (in a community with just 26 known cases) and thankfully none of the residents have contracted the disease - they are very careful... visiting is starting up again so I hope they remain very careful

Emma JC

That said I am a bit concerned about the mis-calculations of cases/deaths. It gives the naysayers ammunition.

Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Lockdown has led to an unprecedented surge in alcohol problems, with four in ten households drinking more than before.
Women in particular have turned to the bottle during the pandemic and 53 per cent have upped their alcohol intake, a major survey reveals today.

Experts said many parents have increased the amount they drink to cope with the stresses of childcare and home-schooling since March.

This is the creepy statistics for covid in the country this summer (from Jun.1st to Jul.22nd).😒👇 Today they reported about 5848 new cases. Dinamics is not as optimistic as everyone would want to see, but, at least, we don't have 11000 new cases daily, like it used to be in May.
Nevertheless, my city is the most contaminated, even compared to Moscow! Because in Moscow, new cases have significantly decreased, but in SPb, there are still about 185 new cases every day, which is a lot, compared to 600 cases in Moscow which has 20 million population. And SPb has the highest mortality rate in the country.
Yesterday, a shocking news came, and now we (our choreography department) are discussing it. Our bosses haven't even heard about it yet. In a nutshell, SPb's mayor, Beglov, gave an order that 10%(!!!) of employees in culture and education should be fired. (Not furloughed, but fired). *total facepalm*. Everyone is ****ing scared now. Even i am scared.🤦‍♀️
Our economics is screwed up, like every economic systems on the planet. They confess, that we're in the midst of a tough crisis at the moment, and it will be worse. This crisis and economic recession is the worst since post-Perestroika times. In case if someone doesn't know what Perestroika is:
Daily statistics of new cases for the whole country (Jun.1st-Jul.22nd):
IMG_20200723_121300.jpg

Last edited:
My neighbourhood Yoga studio invited me to there test classes, they provide a bamboo mask that is reusable. They have an online live daily class which I haven't tried yet, so that will be included in a $50 CDN for a month package. Really looking forward to Yoga class, I do some at home on me own.

Reactions: KLS52 and Val