Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

Before I woke up today I had a dream I got on a train and the person next to me was wearing a mask and I looked in my hand bag and I had forgotten mine. 😰

I went and put two of my masks in my bag when I got up.

I had to wear my mask out to the shop just now. I looked on the bus that went past and everyone on there had one on so it seems the new rules about masks is being taken seriously.

I had to wear my mask out to the shop just now. I looked on the bus that went past and everyone on there had one on so it seems the new rules about masks is being taken seriously.

Same here. Everyone has to wear one on public transport,at all doctors' surgeries and enclosed places.

I'd bought a box of 50 disposable masks for like $35 dollars, and even though we all have washable ones they are going quick!
I have a baggie in purse and a in the car with a couple. I once ran inside a gas station (before mandatory) and felt naked! o_O

Just think, if we all adhere to wearing masks we may not have much of a flu season!

Meanwhile in Southern California

A friend of mine sent me that video, praising the two young men as being fine examples of the mellow southern California culture.

I pointed out to her that the people they approached were anything but mellow!

She said there a lot of Republicans in that part of southern California.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
A friend of mine sent me that video, praising the two young men as being fine examples of the mellow southern California culture.

I pointed out to her that the people they approached were anything but mellow!

She said there a lot of Republicans in that part of southern California.

Huntington Beach is in Orange county. Orange county is a very wealthy county - and predominately Republican. Orange County is part of California's 48th congressional district and although it now has a Democrat as its congressional representative, for years and years it has been Republican. Dana Rohrabacher was the former republican representative and not only was a very big Trump supporter he also has was considered to be in Putin's pocket. When he was the rep, I thought he was among the top three worst reps.
He was defeated in the last election by a small margin.

The guys giving out masks were probably from the nearby and much more progressive Malibu Beach. :)

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and Val
Strangely Orange County is back in the news this month. This story really should be getting more traffic.

Mission Viejo City Council Extends Their Own Terms as Elected Officials
Mission Viejo City Council members have opted to cancel elections for some of their colleagues, voting this past week to extend three of their members’ terms ahead of the 2020 election, leaving them in their seats for an additional two years without public discussion on the issue.​
The council discussed the changes in closed session, and voted unanimously in open session to cancel the 2020 election without any conversation from the council. None of the three council members whose election were being discussed recused themselves from the vote that granted them new terms in office.​
City officials also chose to file for a delay in updating their current voting system, which the city has admitted violates the California Voting Rights Act. If the delay is approved by a Superior Court judge, that system won’t be updated until the 2022 election at the earliest.​
-https://voiceofoc.org/2020/06/mission-viejo-city-council-extends-their-own-terms-as-elected-officials/​
The following are some good comments in Reddit

Ah yes this is exactly how democracy works.

City council: we should cancel elections, any opposition? No? Okay elections canceled!

City officials also chose to file for a delay in updating their current voting system, which the city has admitted violates the California Voting Rights Act.
But nearly two years into the process, Mission Viejo has not made any changes to its voting system.
And the voting system they're trying to change to is cumulative voting that apparently isn't often used in CA cities.

However, Curley received letters from Padilla over a year ago that said cumulative voting would not be an option in the 2020 election.
So the response is "we'll just cancel our elections"!

I'd bought a box of 50 disposable masks for like $35 dollars, and even though we all have washable ones they are going quick!
I have a baggie in purse and a in the car with a couple. I once ran inside a gas station (before mandatory) and felt naked! o_O

Just think, if we all adhere to wearing masks we may not have much of a flu season!
I was thinking the same thing about the flu.

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
On a podcast, I heard that the 1918 Spanish Influenza strain never went away. But it mutated and the seasonal flu that gets spread around each year is just another version of the same thing. Dr. Fauci said that probably won't happen with this one (Probably). but it makes you wonder.

A friend's grandmother is having hospice care from my friend's mom's home. A care nurse came in to give care knowing she was waiting on c-19 test results. Now my friend's mom is in severe respiratory distress, ventilator, might not make it from the virus and the hospice grandmother tested positive. Her father is fine, but it is very difficult to hold it all together. My heart is breaking for the family.

A friend's grandmother is having hospice care from my friend's mom's home. A care nurse came in to give care knowing she was waiting on c-19 test results. Now my friend's mom is in severe respiratory distress, ventilator, might not make it from the virus and the hospice grandmother tested positive. Her father is fine, but it is very difficult to hold it all together. My heart is breaking for the family.
Omg, this is so heartbreaking. :hug: I really hope this woman stays alive. This is utterly infuriating, how irresponsible people, like that nurse, put others at risk.

This is just terrible...so sorry. ☹️

A real Typhoid Mary there! I would expect legal action--isn't it mandatory to quarantine if you're waiting test results?

That is awful. I am so sorry.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
They are thinking legal. And one would think if you are in health and hospice you would need a clear for home visits. The mom was a bit responsive today.
That's just so irresponsible, the nurse KNEW, and I don't see how the employer wouldn't have known! With all the guidelines we had to sign for work about being responsible for alerting them about possible contacts, a home health aide should have been far more stringant. Can't even say worried about money as the government expanded the 'family leave act' thing to cover wages if you have reason to quarentine!