Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

My nomination for picture of the year.

View attachment 21880

I did a little detective work, I love doing that, I should have become, or at least worked for, a private eye, and determined that this picture was taken in downtown Nashville, at the corner of Broadway and 3rd Ave N. Fun fact, some of the businesses in that area, like the Valentine Saloon and the Country Music Hall of Fame, are temporarily closed because of the virus.

I did a little detective work, I love doing that, I should have become, or at least worked for, a private eye, and determined that this picture was taken in downtown Nashville, at the corner of Broadway and 3rd Ave N. Fun fact, some of the businesses in that area, like the Valentine Saloon and the Country Music Hall of Fame, are temporarily closed because of the virus.

Wow. Kudos. I am amazed. If you don't mind, could you explain (mabye in broad strokes) how you did that?

I was actually thinking that maybe I should check to make sure it was a real thing. Like maybe it was a picture from last year and someone just photoshopped into it that sign to wear masks. Did your detective work also reveal if it was a real thing?

A new message from the TJX CEO was posted yesterday. As of July 30th, all the TJX stores will require customers to wear masks. When I asked one of the managers about it, she said they had to "figure it out." I was told that Ross in our plaza has an employee stationed at the door to stop people. I wonder if we will start doing that as well.

A new message from the TJX CEO was posted yesterday. As of July 30th, all the TJX stores will require customers to wear masks. When I asked one of the managers about it, she said they had to "figure it out." I was told that Ross in our plaza has an employee stationed at the door to stop people. I wonder if we will start doing that as well.
I think that’s a good thing. But will the person at the door be instructed as to how to handle it if someone argues the point? What if they use the “I have a medical condition and can’t wear a mask” excuse? Do they get a pass? Personally, I feel like they should still be refused entry. Not that I don’t sympathize with a legitimate case but I don’t really believe there is such a thing. It’s pretty much been debunked. But the rest of the public shouldn’t be potentially exposed because this particular person can’t wear a mask.

I think it is a very sensitive issue banning people from entry. There have been numerous cases of people "freaking out" according to posts on social media. I think this is a real problem for the "big wigs" running the corporations in charge of the stores. It is a very tricky balancing act and I hope people will be co-operative though there are lots of idiots! I have noticed that most people are wearing masks coming into the store. There are still a few "rebels" though. :confused:

I think that’s a good thing. But will the person at the door be instructed as to how to handle it if someone argues the point? What if they use the “I have a medical condition and can’t wear a mask” excuse? Do they get a pass? Personally, I feel like they should still be refused entry. Not that I don’t sympathize with a legitimate case but I don’t really believe there is such a thing. It’s pretty much been debunked. But the rest of the public shouldn’t be potentially exposed because this particular person can’t wear a mask.
My son works in retail and they've had a mask policy from when they reopened, going as far as a table in the entry with sanitizers and masks for customers. They only let in 10 at a time, and no mask, you're asked to leave. He's dealt with awful people, and police have been called if they won't leave. There really isn't any excuse, or exception, but for small children and those who have mental imparments (sorry if I should say another word, can't think of it). They would be given a letter of exception from a doctor. For those with 'breathing problems' they should not be out to begin with! IT's been so debunked about oxygen levels.
I will get anxiety and feel as if my breathing is impaired, but I know I need to control those feelings. Even a thinner tea shirt mask is better than none, and it's in complience!
He pretty much feels the ones who won't wear a mask are the ones who do nothing but make demands and want special treatments, so he's fine with the rule! Ohio is now mandatory masks

I wonder if TJX Corp. will spring for the masks for customers since they already provide employees with them. As I said MOST people are wearing them and they wouldn't be giving out that many. I guess we shall see what happens next week!

Same here in my new town. Even my old town was mostly pro Trump.
I had an issue when my husband wanted to put a flag outside because the house came with a flag holder. Initially I told him I didn’t want to put it up because I feel like displaying the flag has been hijacked by Trump supporters. I didn’t want to be associated with that.
But then I felt guilty. Husband is a veteran and this is his home too. So it’s out there. I’m still uncomfortable but I do feel patriotic about the US. I just have to hope we can get back on track in November.
So to kind of counter balance, I ordered a small garden flag that says Air Force US Veteran. I will will place it in the flower bed in the front of the house.

Same here in my new town. Even my old town was mostly pro Trump.
I had an issue when my husband wanted to put a flag outside because the house came with a flag holder. Initially I told him I didn’t want to put it up because I feel like displaying the flag has been hijacked by Trump supporters. I didn’t want to be associated with that.
But then I felt guilty. Husband is a veteran and this is his home too. So it’s out there. I’m still uncomfortable but I do feel patriotic about the US. I just have to hope we can get back on track in November.
So to kind of counter balance, I ordered a small garden flag that says Air Force US Veteran. I will will place it in the flower bed in the front of the house.
Awful isn't it? That our countries been overtaken by facists

I know way too many Trump supporters even in my own family. :( Florida is full of idiots!
You won't believe me, but there is a bunch of supporters of the communist party over here (and of its leader Gennady Zyuganov). Even my granny Nina used to be a Zyuganov supporter. He's as old as the idea of communism, i think. (I wonder if he's Lenin's immortal zombie-son or smth.?😆) And he's super narrow-minded and marasmatic. Such people shouldn't even be in politics of modern Russia, because the presense of such people puts the country at risk (it creates a vulnerability, if it's even a word). :???: And there are not thousands, but millions of his supporters across the country.🤦‍♀️ IMO, this communist party itself is a burden for the country, but there are enough idiots who support it,- and it's the only reason why it still exists.:sigh:

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
@Lou I relied mostly on Google and Google Maps. I studied the photo for individual business names and any identifying markers. Valentine in the background is clearest, with the word Saloon next to it. There are a LOT of saloons, bars and clubs with live music in Nashville. It helps to know a little something about the city. Then I googled Valentine Saloon, and a result for Valentine in Nashville came up. I then searched for Valentine Saloon in Nashville in Google Maps, and that gave me the rest of the details, confirmed by what I saw in the photo. Google Maps will now tell you if a business is temporarily closed. Also searching Google for visitors information for Nashville helps.

It didn’t occur to me that the photo might be photoshopped. It seems credible. There are some really crazy people out there who refuse to wear masks. 🤷🏻‍♀️