Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

That's interesting Val, could you keep us updated on the anti covid vaccine. :)

I can understand your apprehension about returning to work with how the situation is in regard to covid in Russa.
This video was released yesterday, Jul.12th, at 7.42a.m. I took it from NTV news channel. This is what it says approximately (sorry for having messed up with the words' order,- when i translate russian text, i realize that words' order in russian is incomprehensible when translated into other languages, haha😁). There is no other news so far...
<<Tv host: "Clinical testing of the new vaccine have been successfully finished at Sechenov medical university, in Moscow. All volunteers who got the vaccine, feel good. The 1st group will be sent home on Jul.15th, the 2nd group - on Jul.20th". Vadim Tarasov (director of the institute of biotechnology at Sechenov university): "Safety of the vaccine has been confirmed, it is the same as the safety of other common vaccines for humans". Tv host: "The most difficult part of the process was self-isolation. Not all of the volunteers endured it well, conflicts occured, even psychologists' help was needed. In sum, there are 20 types of covid vaccine. Research are also being done at Burdenko hospital in Moscow, and at "Vector" virusology center near Novosibirsk".>>

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Blues
This video was released yesterday, Jul.12th, at 7.42a.m. I took it from NTV news channel. This is what it says approximately (sorry for having messed up with the words' order,- when i translate russian text, i realize that words' order in russian is incomprehensible when translated into other languages, haha😁). There is no other news so far...
<<Tv host: "Clinical testing of the new vaccine have been successfully finished at Sechenov medical university, in Moscow. All volunteers who got the vaccine, feel good. The 1st group will be sent home on Jul.15th, the 2nd group - on Jul.20th". Vadim Tarasov (director of the institute of biotechnology at Sechenov university): "Safety of the vaccine has been confirmed, it is the same as the safety of other common vaccines for humans". Tv host: "The most difficult part of the process was self-isolation. Not all of the volunteers endured it well, conflicts occured, even psychologists' help was needed. In sum, there are 20 types of covid vaccine. Research are also being done at Burdenko hospital in Moscow, and at "Vector" virusology center near Novosibirsk".>>
Well that’s good news from the Sechenov medical university , I hope 🤞 it’s the breakthrough that everyone has been waiting for .

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Val
Ontario (Canada) goes phase 3 on Friday July 17, and hope my apartment fitness room will be available. usually I'm the only person using the dumbbells and multi machine at 8am so shouldn't be a problemo.

California went phase 2 a few weeks ago and my gym opened and I realized that I was too chicken to use it. So i went and froze my membership. We are seeing a rise in new cases in my county and I think we are going to shut down stuff soon.

I've been looking to buy some dumbells. But there appears to be none available in California. I made some homemade ones out of bottles filled with sand but they are not very heavy.

California went phase 2 a few weeks ago and my gym opened and I realized that I was too chicken to use it. So i went and froze my membership. We are seeing a rise in new cases in my county and I think we are going to shut down stuff soon.

I've been looking to buy some dumbells. But there appears to be none available in California. I made some homemade ones out of bottles filled with sand but they are not very heavy.
I'm not sure if i will chicken out of going to work on/after Aug.26th.:bag: I'm also too faint-hearted to go to any public places yet.:hide: All this new reality looks like one huge anti-utopia.:tinfoilhat:

My oldest daughter made, what I consider, a poor decision to go to South Carolina for six days. When she arrived at the airport in New York today she had to fill out a form with her contact information to quarantine for 14 days.
So now she’s not so happy with her decision to go lol.
She is to remain in her apartment and not go out at all for 14 days. She’s hoping to get a grocery delivery through Instacart. And she’s mad that she can’t go for walks.
The price we pay. 🤷‍♀️
I do hope she will be ok. I’ll be a little nervous the next two weeks.

I have some old N95 masks from the H1N1 outbreak. That was ten years ago I think. I wonder if they expire or lose effectiveness. I will go ask google lol.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Val
My oldest daughter made, what I consider, a poor decision to go to South Carolina for six days. When she arrived at the airport in New York today she had to fill out a form with her contact information to quarantine for 14 days.
So now she’s not so happy with her decision to go lol.
She is to remain in her apartment and not go out at all for 14 days. She’s hoping to get a grocery delivery through Instacart. And she’s mad that she can’t go for walks.
The price we pay. 🤷‍♀️
I do hope she will be ok. I’ll be a little nervous the next two weeks.
She's back? Does she work at home?
Yeah, I had thought about finding cheap travel, but no way is all the restrictions worth it! And amusement parks with masks? Nope!

Our governor, Mike Dewine, took a firm stance on mandatory masks across all of Ohio. If we don't start to see numbers going down he will shut it down again. I've been so pleased with his handling of this, yet so many are critical of him- they pretty much forced out our health advisor

She's back? Does she work at home?
Yeah, I had thought about finding cheap travel, but no way is all the restrictions worth it! And amusement parks with masks? Nope!
Yes she has been working from home since March.

• Informative
Reactions: Val
Just heard on the news that there are big chances that "Avifavir" will appear in pharmacy shops in July! (It will require a prescription). "Avifavir" is a medicine against covid (in form of pills). It helps patients to get rid of covid in 3 days and protects them from complications. At least, more people will have a chance to survive.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
The big headline on CNN right now is in regards to certain blood types making people more vulnerable. I heard about this awhile ago and now it seems to be verified or at least more probable. It is Type A that is the issue, A+, A-, AB+, AB-.

So please, if you are one of these blood types, be even more careful!

Emma JC

• Wow
  • Friendly
Reactions: Val and KLS52