Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

Jesus Christ!😱 It's called "Like covid is not enough". Did you hear that? Bubonic plague appeared in Mongolia. The matter is that if it develops into lung form, it becomes contagious (transmitted from human to human). A young couple, a man and a woman, devoured medium-raw groundhog meat. It was infected. The woman developed the worst (lung) form of plague. She had been in contact with 60 people. They are isolated now.
I wish they could isolate whole Mongolia at once. But they're lifting the restrictions. I really hope that covid has taught our authorities something, though it's unlikely to help, until we adopt China's model in fighting infections. Another one pandemic (of bubon plague) will kill the world economics and dozens of millions of people. (It has 95% mortality rate). I feel that god(s) is/are very angry with us humans. Dead flesh will lead humankind to extinction. 🤦‍♀️

animals in Covid-19 news

Horseshoe Crabs.

I learned about Horseshoe Crabs from the RadioLab podcast. I wrote a little about it here

and here they are in the news again.

Also in a semi-related news article. Cows are being used to create antibodies in order to fight against Covid-19. My understanding is that these are special cows - genetically modified - and therefore would be treated much better than your conventional dairy cow.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and Val
Right? All the pictures of people on the beach with no masks ... sigh.
Moscovits have "spitted" on the restrictions to go to the beach either. While, in SPb, it's possible to avoid the crowds on beaches,- Moscow's water reservoirs are packed with humanoids who sit on each other's head. The saddest thing about it is that the "beach restrictions" are not about avoiding crowds,- they are about avoiding water at all, because when covid gets into still water, it can stay alive there for ~25 days, and all this time, it remains contagious.
Any type of coronavirus lives in water 10-15 times longer that it lives on dry surfaces. E.g. when my ex-husband and i were spending our vacations in Abkhazia, New Athos,- there was bird flu everywhere. It wasn't that type of bird flu which is deadly for humans, but almost all chickens, geese and turkeys in the village died, because as epidemiologists said, "The bird flu virus came from the mountains with the water of local rivers, and it's originated from wild birds".
I also saw the consequences of bird flu when i was little, and when we (dad, mom, Liza and i) were on vacations at our Armenian friends' place. Poor aunt Arshaluys... It was so sad to look at her while she was trying to ease her chickens' death agony. In this case, it also came from the river's water. Neither Abkhazians, nor Armenians thought that it might be dangerous for humans, because bird flu is a common thing in mountain villages,- it's just about the strain. Anyway, when the dangerous bird flu appeared, i remember our mass media spreading the message that citizens should avoid water reservoires with still water (though the story shows that it's not quite correct, as coronaviruses are spread even with running water). I think that's what the "beach restrictions" are connected to. It's just that the government is not telling us all the info (not because of crazy conpirology, but because of the very controversial data). Scientists&scientists and scientists&government can't come to an agreement. But based on coronaviruses' behaviour that i'm aware of, humans can get infected having bathed in the water where another infected human has been, becase coronaviruses love water, and they hardly die in there.👹
Returning to my first thought (about 25 days), - i saw it a couple days ago on NTV news...

Update

A Florida man has been fired from his job as an insurance agent after his videotaped tirade when asked to wear a face mask at a Costco Wholesale store drew a massive audience on social media.

-https://www.cbsnews.com/news/costco-dan-fired-insurance-agency-face-mask/

Reactions: Emma JC
They said, they have finished testing russian anti-covid vaccine, and that the testing was successful and the vaccine showed good results. I doubt that ordinary people will get it very soon though. A lot of people won't have made it until the vaccine is ready. On Friday, Elijah told me that his acquaintance who worked as a konzertmeister in vocal classes at the Conservatoire, died of covid in SPb. She was 73 y.o. It sucks when acquaintances die, because when you hear about daily numbers of victims, your brain defends itself from fear and depression, percepting these numbers as just deaths of random people whom you've never heard of. But when acquaintances die, you can't avoid the feeling that the disaster is here, at everybody's door, and it can ruin everybody's life, that no one is safe anymore and that constant fear has become an integral part of life. Elijah used to deny the danger at first. But now he's quite paranoid about safety measures (though sometimes it seems to us that he's too careless, ...because all of us have become super paranoid). He started to go to work. Very soon, Liza will begin to work. Mom will try to postpone her work until the end of August. And Unghshu is going to work on Aug.26th. We've no idea of what the ministry of education is thinking about, but it's a bad idea to start the new school year without mass vaccination. It is possible that they will have to close schools again, because kids and teachers will infects each other. I will have to spend a loooot of time in public transportation, but the chances to get infected are higher in the class, at work. Brrrr... don't even wanna think about it. I'd better hide my head in sand.:tinfoilhat:

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
They said, they have finished testing russian anti-covid vaccine, and that the testing was successful and the vaccine showed good results. I doubt that ordinary people will get it very soon though. A lot of people won't have made it until the vaccine is ready. On Friday, Elijah told me that his acquaintance who worked as a konzertmeister in vocal classes at the Conservatoire, died of covid in SPb. She was 73 y.o. It sucks when acquaintances die, because when you hear about daily numbers of victims, your brain defends itself from fear and depression, percepting these numbers as just deaths of random people whom you've never heard of. But when acquaintances die, you can't avoid the feeling that the disaster is here, at everybody's door, and it can ruin everybody's life, that no one is safe anymore and that constant fear has become an integral part of life. Elijah used to deny the danger at first. But now he's quite paranoid about safety measures (though sometimes it seems to us that he's too careless, ...because all of us have become super paranoid). He started to go to work. Very soon, Liza will begin to work. Mom will try to postpone her work until the end of August. And Unghshu is going to work on Aug.26th. We've no idea of what the ministry of education is thinking about, but it's a bad idea to start the new school year without mass vaccination. It is possible that they will have to close schools again, because kids and teachers will infects each other. I will have to spend a loooot of time in public transportation, but the chances to get infected are higher in the class, at work. Brrrr... don't even wanna think about it. I'd better hide my head in sand.:tinfoilhat:

That's interesting Val, could you keep us updated on the anti covid vaccine. :)

I can understand your apprehension about returning to work with how the situation is in regard to covid in Russa.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Val