Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

Oh yes, I read yesterday that people who wear contacts should wear their glasses instead so not to potentially transfer anything onto your eyes. I don't know if that applies to anyone on here. I told my husband as he has both.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
That is sweet of you. Don't worry, the area of London I'm from is pretty residential and family orientated and it doesn't have gang/gun crime that much.
I felt like I'm partly to blame if I don't say anything.

What you are doing is unconscionable, you are actively and carelessly risking the lives of others. If you want to do that to yourself that's one thing, but to act that way in public is despicable. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Is anyone REALLY surprised that this individual is behaving in a careless and narcissistic fashion? I mean really.

The fact that at least two regular posting members of this forum are denying science in this thread is why y'all won't be seeing me much any more. I feel like it's some kind of weird hell where some of the members are completely unscientific loons, and the rest of the members are such "nice" enablers that nothing else interesting is said, unless it directly involves food or animal rescue.
...Or, it’s closer to 0.1%. Hardly reason for this level of fear/global catastrophe:

“This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.2

Oh my god. Not you too.

Alright, I'm out. Peace, cabbages.

The fact that at least two regular posting members of this forum are denying science in this thread is why y'all won't be seeing me much any more. I feel like it's some kind of weird hell where some of the members are completely unscientific loons, and the rest of the members are such "nice" enablers that nothing else interesting is said, unless it directly involves food or animal rescue.

Oh my god. Not you too.

Please come back! :argh: I don't speak science and you decipher it so well.

Please come back! :argh: I don't speak science and you decipher it so well.

I'm sorry. I am being a brat. I just was on Facebook yesterday and decided that's out, I can't deal with the political arguments or any kind of science denial at the moment. I come here because I consider it a relatively decent space, and I have had some time away, but I realized the same old cast of characters and people like them will still be here. I am realizing how much of a problem social media is in my life, affecting my levels of optimism and pessimism about the public at large. Seeing people outwardly flouting science when it puts other people's lives directly in danger. I don't want to be in a bad mood, or want to spend hours of what is supposed to be "relaxing time" smacking down ignorance. I am trying to manage my own self as best I can. I can't change other people. I can only change myself. The easiest way to do that is to stay away. The other option is literally timing myself, like I can't spend more than an hour here, and I can only look at positive threads or neutral threads. I am trying to limit my exposure to things that put me in a bad mood.

Oh my god. Not you too.

Don't tease now.

Another grocery trip scheduled, this time I think it will be Sunday, and for my grandmother.... She has run out of her breakfast cereal.

Still don't have the petrol, trying to sort that one out.

I just heard on the radio that it is expected to be announced later that there will be a three-week extension to the lockdown here in the UK.

I got a text from my supermarket yesterday that I have got two slots free for me over the next two weeks as I am such a good customer. I booked them up so quickly! :laughing:

I’m having good luck with Walmart and pick up slots. I think I actually prefer pick up to delivery. No contact...just pop the trunk and they load you up. I have pick ups for Saturday and Tuesday.
I never shopped for groceries at Walmart. I know they get a lot of negative reviews for their treatment of employees. But they’re prices are definitely the lowest around. I guess that’s why. ☹️But for now they are the only way for me to get groceries without going into a store myself.

I’m having good luck with Walmart and pick up slots. I think I actually prefer pick up to delivery. No contact...just pop the trunk and they load you up. I have pick ups for Saturday and Tuesday.
I never shopped for groceries at Walmart. I know they get a lot of negative reviews for their treatment of employees. But they’re prices are definitely the lowest around. I guess that’s why. ☹But for now they are the only way for me to get groceries without going into a store myself.
The only things I went to Walmart for were Just Mayo (no more) and Great Value Eggless Pasta Ribbons. They are still sold in certain stores, but not the one near me. They were so good--just like the wide curly egg noodles, which are somehow different from other dry pasta-
1587069816602.png1587069816602.png

The only things I went to Walmart for were Just Mayo (no more) and Great Value Eggless Pasta Ribbons. They are still sold in certain stores, but not the one near me. They were so good--just like the wide curly egg noodles, which are somehow different from other dry pasta-
View attachment 20568View attachment 20568
Oh wow...I’ve been craving noodles but didn’t think there were eggless ones! I’m going to see if they’re available and I’ll add them to my order.

Reactions: Val and Freesia
Turns out my cousin had the virus. The first time she was admitted and put on a ventilator she tested negative. Two weeks later she was back in the hospital and on the ventilator and tested positive. No fever or cough. Just fluid build up in her lungs and congestive heart failure. The doctors said she was lucky to have made it. This virus is insane and really can affect people differently.

Turns out my cousin had the virus. The first time she was admitted and put on a ventilator she tested negative. Two weeks later she was back in the hospital and on the ventilator and tested positive. No fever or cough. Just fluid build up in her lungs and congestive heart failure. The doctors said she was lucky to have made it. This virus is insane and really can affect people differently.
Wow, I am sorry. I hope she will be OK.