Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

My husband is going to wear a mask when he is going to and from work on public transport. We realised we did have a safety mask in our DIY box outside!

Shows how much DIY we do that we didn't even remember. :laughing:

Yes, the resources or the space in their homes. I feel so sorry for people living together in cramped flats/apartments. I am so glad that I have a house with a garden, no matter how small they both are!

I have been to the supermarket a few times since the lockdown but I have rarely been outside. Think I might start glowing in the dark soon...

Don't know how much more I can take of this. THinking of going bush. Everyone assumes that everyone else would be locked into a happy living environment but it isn't always the case
This is such a ridiculously stressful time, that's for sure. I'm sending you many virtual hugs, Freesia. You know you have us here!

I've shopped pretty exclusively at Aldi because it's so easy to make my way up and down, then right out the door and pack things when I get to the car. They have a worker just to wipe carts and hand you one, they do well with limiting people and distancing. They're limited to what they sell except for the special aisles I avoid. So fast.
And is everyone now making seitan? I always find 4 lb bags of Anthonys or Hoosier Hill wheat gluten on amazon, now everythings out but the higher priced ones! Seems a weird thing to suddenly think to make for the first time. Yeast and flour I understand.
No biggie. I have enough for another and I suppose the discount store will have Bobs red mill

Reactions: Freesia and Val
I've shopped pretty exclusively at Aldi because it's so easy to make my way up and down, then right out the door and pack things when I get to the car. They have a worker just to wipe carts and hand you one, they do well with limiting people and distancing. They're limited to what they sell except for the special aisles I avoid. So fast.
And is everyone now making seitan? I always find 4 lb bags of Anthonys or Hoosier Hill wheat gluten on amazon, now everythings out but the higher priced ones! Seems a weird thing to suddenly think to make for the first time. Yeast and flour I understand.
No biggie. I have enough for another and I suppose the discount store will have Bobs red mill
I agree on the seitan. I can't find cheaper vital wheat gluten anywhere! I, too, have enough for a while, but I wouldn't mind having another bag or two.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
The only things I went to Walmart for were Just Mayo (no more) and Great Value Eggless Pasta Ribbons. They are still sold in certain stores, but not the one near me. They were so good--just like the wide curly egg noodles, which are somehow different from other dry pasta-
View attachment 20568View attachment 20568
I wonder, do your supermarkets offer any pasta of these 3 brands?👇 I'm not sure about their quality around the globe, but over here, they are the best ones (it's only my opinion, but i've tried a bunch of brands). Pasta of these 3 brands is manufactured in multiple shapes, and it's always vegan,- at least the 1st one and the 2nd one (and it's yummy). The 3rd one can be not vegan (i saw it), but rarely. [Don't pay attention to the weird entourage: it's my closet with food stock and medicine supply, haha].
IMG_20200418_035148.jpg
IMG_20200418_035056.jpg
IMG_20200418_040233.jpg

Reactions: Freesia
I wonder, do your supermarkets offer any pasta of these 3 brands?👇 I'm not sure about their quality around the globe, but over here, they are the best ones (it's only my opinion, but i've tried a bunch of brands). Pasta of these 3 brands is manufactured in multiple shapes, and it's always vegan,- at least the 1st one and the 2nd one (and it's yummy). The 3rd one can be not vegan (i saw it), but rarely. [Don't pay attention to the weird entourage: it's my closet with food stock and medicine supply, haha].
View attachment 20614
View attachment 20615
View attachment 20616
Oh yes, I can get all those kinds of pasta, and tagliatelle I often see vegan, but it's usually priced so much higher I don't buy it! Which is too bad because it is my favorite
The eggless noodles were just -- different somehow. Like thinner, and wide, and were the same as I what I liked in things like cabbage and noodles, or seitan and gravy
Last time I had them I made sauteed cabbage, onions, scrambled tofu with black salt. So much like what my grandmother would make with eggs!

• Friendly
Reactions: Freesia and Val
Turns out my cousin had the virus. The first time she was admitted and put on a ventilator she tested negative. Two weeks later she was back in the hospital and on the ventilator and tested positive. No fever or cough. Just fluid build up in her lungs and congestive heart failure. The doctors said she was lucky to have made it. This virus is insane and really can affect people differently.
So glad your cousin is feeling better now. :hug:

Did you know that the USA is the worst country in COVID-19 cases world wide? China's cases have also dropped severely. Many countries are in lockdown. Our lockdown in NZ is so severe! You can't even go to the playground! Everything that is non-essential is closed. But you should look at the new zealand graph of corona cases! The lockdown will probably end soon, and if all the countries cooperate we can bring an end to this nasty disease.
They said on the radio (Auckland, 97.4) a couple days ago, that "level 4" (of LD) was going to be changed to "level 3". I listened to the radio today, but i didn't get it: has it happened yet? Have the things got better?

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Freesia
Oh yes, I can get all those kinds of pasta, and tagliatelle I often see vegan, but it's usually priced so much higher I don't buy it! Which is too bad because it is my favorite
The eggless noodles were just -- different somehow. Like thinner, and wide, and were the same as I what I liked in things like cabbage and noodles, or seitan and gravy
Last time I had them I made sauteed cabbage, onions, scrambled tofu with black salt. So much like what my grandmother would make with eggs!
I meant not kinds of pasta, - i meant the brands...

I meant not kinds of pasta, - i meant the brands...
I buy that same box of Barilla! I also get their whole grain pastas. There are so many imported pastas- esp in the discount store I go to- before covid! They always have tons of different pastas, olives, pickles....

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Val
Level 3 isn't much different than level 4. Some are back to work, forestry workers, electricians and plumbers, construction workers, and oddly, takeaway food now available. Apart from that people asked to stay home if they possibly can. Some family members can now visit.

Don't know how much more I can take of this. THinking of going bush. Everyone assumes that everyone else would be locked into a happy living environment but it isn't always the case
Sorry I somehow missed this. It’s definitely harder for some depending on one’s living situation. 💙

• Agree
Reactions: Val and Emma JC