Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

I went out for the day today in Southend which is a fairly busy seaside area with a shopping centre and lots of restaurants and bars. I don't wear a mask as I am exempt but I noticed how few people are wearing masks now. I would say maybe 5% of people I saw had masks on.

I'm not sure if I said this on here but my husband's mother has just been diagnosed with two types of cancer as she ignored her symptoms and avoided hospitals during the pandemic. She is going into palliative care probably next week as there isn't much they can do for her now. I wonder how many other people this has happened to.

It is strange as she is one of the few people I know whilst I lived in London who hadn't caught Covid. You would think her immune system would have been so compromised that she would have caught it straight away.
That's so awful, Raven. I'm sorry to hear that.

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas and Raven
my sister is fine, however my BIL is still coughing very badly!

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

unfortunately the coughing is continuing, and I did suggest exercises and lying on his stomach and also encouraged them to cut back on inflammation causing foods - he is also not feeling well most of the time....... argh - it is so frustrating for them

sure does make me be sure to keep my mask on

I also had an "outdoor" exposure from someone talking at the window of my vehicle, she without a mask and me without one. Found out the next day she had covid...... so fortunate that I did not get it, to my knowledge.

Emma JC

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I went into two stores unmasked…not sure why exactly…neither were crowded and I was in/out within ten minutes. I’m not proud. This is kind of like a confession, lol.

If I end up with covid at least I know that masking is a definite deterrent. If I don’t get it…well…not sure what that means except maybe that I got lucky. I will kick myself if I get it after avoiding it all this time. 🤞🏻🙏

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
I went into two stores unmasked…not sure why exactly…neither were crowded and I was in/out within ten minutes. I’m not proud. This is kind of like a confession, lol.

If I end up with covid at least I know that masking is a definite deterrent. If I don’t get it…well…not sure what that means except maybe that I got lucky. I will kick myself if I get it after avoiding it all this time. 🤞🏻🙏
That was me this week :fp: . Not only did I find myself walking from my car without a mask, I also left my bags in the car! Haven't done that in forever!
Glad I read this as I am just about to leave for the store. I have a list of sale items including their 20% off bulk foods. I want raw cashews and organic rolled oats. I'm scared to see prices o_O
I'm beginning to want to stockpile as prices seem to rise every time I go!

oh yeah, grab that mask!:mask:

My work sent out an email saying we will no longer have a mask mandate even if we get more cases. We test weekly, voluntarily now, I thought that was very strange.
Ohio is in the green for low cases

I was just reading about the autumn Covid booster jab. I'm not sure if I would be eligible for it. I would get it if I can, though.

Reactions: Emma JC
I am overdue for my second booster. Not sure why I keep putting it off. I feel like the longer I wait the less effective it will be but not really sure how that works. I did a quick search and of course they are saying even if it’s several months after your first booster it will still provide some level of protection. I think I just dread it for some reason.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Brian W
They removed the mask mandate, social distancing rules and stopped the testing and free test kits at my workplace months ago.

Now you will struggle to find test kits anywhere, even at medical centres.

Meanwhile, cases, hospitalisations and deaths are all going up again now in the UK.

They removed the mask mandate, social distancing rules and stopped the testing and free test kits at my workplace months ago.

Now you will struggle to find test kits anywhere, even at medical centres.

Meanwhile, cases, hospitalisations and deaths are all going up again now in the UK.
yeah, its so stupid and short sighted.

My brother just came up from London to see me yesterday and said he had just had Covid again, but he obviously tested negative before coming to my house! He said it was even more mild this time, luckily.

This is big news for me because I am allergic to the mRNA vaccines.

CDC clears Novavax Covid-19 vaccine for adults, says shots will be available in the coming weeks

• The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention signed off on Novavax’s Covid-19 vaccine on Tuesday.
  • In a statement, the CDC said the shots will be available in the coming weeks. The U.S. has secured 3.2 million doses so far.
  • Novavax uses more conventional technology than Pfizer and Moderna, and U.S. health officials hope Novavax’s shots might convince skeptics to get vaccinated.
  • 26 million to 37 million adults are still unvaccinated in the U.S., according to CDC estimates.
The CDC, in a statement, said the vaccine will be available to the public in the coming weeks. The Biden administration has secured 3.2 million doses of Novavax’s vaccine so far, according to the Health and Human Services Department.

Walensky, in a statement, said the Novavax vaccine will provide another option for people who do not want to take Pfizer’s and Moderna’s shots. Anywhere from 26 million to 37 million adults are still unvaccinated in the U.S., according to CDC data, but it’s unclear how many of those people will opt to take Novavax’s vaccine.

“The primary target population for Novavax will be the 10% to 13% of those that are unvaccinated,” said Dr. Oliver Brooks, a CDC vaccine committee member and chief medical officer at Watts HealthCare Corporation in Los Angeles.

“I understand we’re really focused on that population with the hope that perhaps this protein subunit vaccine will change them over from being unvaccinated to vaccinated,” Brooks said.

My mother-in-law is in hospital and has now caught Covid too. My husband is visiting her today and I told him to make sure he stays 2 m away from her as I don't want to catch Covid again!

“The primary target population for Novavax will be the 10% to 13% of those that are unvaccinated,” said Dr. Oliver Brooks, a CDC vaccine committee member and chief medical officer at Watts HealthCare Corporation in Los Angeles.

“I understand we’re really focused on that population with the hope that perhaps this protein subunit vaccine will change them over from being unvaccinated to vaccinated,” Brooks said.
Really? jus 10 to 13% unvaccinated. I would have guessed it was more like 20.

I don't expect much change in the unvaccinated. but I hear its a good booster.

@Emma JC did your BIL finally recover?

so today I asked and he is still coughing and his voice is still husky and he is also feeling good enough to take a drive to PEI / Nova Scotia for two weeks

hope they don't catch it again while there....

Emma JC

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52