Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

I think over here everyone 50 or older can get a second booster. I just had mine.

Also inside stores almost everyone is still masked up. People who work with the public are almost always masked up, too.

Indeed. It sometimes feel you're the outsider wearing a mask. I went back to wearing "Grimaske" (they come in nice colors and are cloth masks, but with a better filter function) and that feels better.

However, it seems to depend heavily where exactly you're going if people still wear masks (it's still mandatory on public transport here) or not.

Fewer and fewer mask wearers here. I’m starting to feel self conscious but I won’t let that deter me.
Same. And my nephew Sean just tested positive yesterday. He works part-time in a brewery on the weekends. I'm pretty sure he and his family stopped wearing masks a while ago. He probably got it from work given the timing. He's got a mild case so far. Lots of body aches, fatigue and postnasal drip. I hope his GF and son don't get it, too. <sigh>

My job just dropped the mask mandate, and I hope we don't go back-cause I don't work around anyone!
I do wear it shopping, I'd say about 50% of people here do, at least at Aldi and the discount I go to do. The larger grocery store I don't think many mask, but I dislike it anyway

so my sister & BIL both have Covid again, just one month after the first time - last time they picked it up at a christian convention and this time they drove to Wisconsin for a wedding....... my BIL is late 70s and sis is 71 - he is quite sick again altho' on the upswing and it is sort of just starting again for her, sore throat, draggy... they did get a pulse oximeter today and their readings are fine so that is a relief - they are double vaxxed and single boosted and yet are always exposing themselves and finding out that although they don't die from it, it is very nasty and uncomfortable... our lives are completely opposite - I had my second haircut since covid started and I went to an unpopular place, first thing after they opened, wore my mask in so the girl put hers on, wore it on the way out and those are the only two times (other than dentist) that I have had my mask off around anyone but my honey - I am sure that at some point it is going to catch up to me, however, I would like as low a dose as possible when it does...

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

so my sister & BIL both have Covid again, just one month after the first time - last time they picked it up at a christian convention and this time they drove to Wisconsin for a wedding....... my BIL is late 70s and sis is 71 - he is quite sick again altho' on the upswing and it is sort of just starting again for her, sore throat, draggy... they did get a pulse oximeter today and their readings are fine so that is a relief - they are double vaxxed and single boosted and yet are always exposing themselves and finding out that although they don't die from it, it is very nasty and uncomfortable... our lives are completely opposite - I had my second haircut since covid started and I went to an unpopular place, first thing after they opened, wore my mask in so the girl put hers on, wore it on the way out and those are the only two times (other than dentist) that I have had my mask off around anyone but my honey - I am sure that at some point it is going to catch up to me, however, I would like as low a dose as possible when it does...

Emma JC
That's a sad read about your BIL and sister I wish them wellness Emma .
Its interesting , both our neighbors' are just getting over corvid , my understanding was you had immunity for 2 months which I was going to tell them . I wont be after reading your post

That's a sad read about your BIL and sister I wish them wellness Emma .
Its interesting , both our neighbors' are just getting over corvid , my understanding was you had immunity for 2 months which I was going to tell them . I wont be after reading your post

Thank you @Blues - I am not sure if they picked up a different strain in Wisconsin? however Jimmy Kimmel had it twice in a very short period of time also and so maybe they just weren't fully recovered from the first bout? it is a weird and strange virus!! Jimmy didn't take precautions after he had it the first time because he thought he would be immune, went to a restaurant etc. No guarantee.

Emma JC

My nephew's GF and their son tested positive yesterday. <sigh> They are doing OK so far. Ashley feels really tired and achy, and Nolan, who's 5, has a fever but seems OK so far.

@Emma JC I hope your sister and BIL recover quickly. That's so weird that they got it a second time so quickly. Yikes!

I'm not sure if I said this on here but my husband's mother has just been diagnosed with two types of cancer as she ignored her symptoms and avoided hospitals during the pandemic. She is going into palliative care probably next week as there isn't much they can do for her now. I wonder how many other people this has happened to.

It is strange as she is one of the few people I know whilst I lived in London who hadn't caught Covid. You would think her immune system would have been so compromised that she would have caught it straight away.