Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

:(
I haven't checked my county, but the numbers statewide are up again. Test positivity rate was over 13% yesterday. <sigh> I haven't seen what the hospitalization numbers are. I'm still wearing the mask at the store and whatnot. I've never stopped.
You’re in there too. 🙁 But then my daughter told me there are only 8 counties in Connecticut so it’s pretty much the whole state lol 😁

My county seems to be doing greats. Less than 30 confirmed covid patients in the hospital.
The schools still are requiring masks.
but stores aren't. I still wear my mask in the store but I think maskers are down to half.

New cases data is totally worthless with so many people testing at home. But I think the hospitalized number is pretty good indicator.

• Agree
Reactions: Emma JC
You’re in there too. 🙁 But then my daughter told me there are only 8 counties in Connecticut so it’s pretty much the whole state lol 😁
Yep, it's not good. And it seems like public officials are all like, eh, we have to live with it. There hasn't been much of a response from them with the spike in cases.

Here in Florida it is pretty much "back to normal." There are no more restrictions and I see few people wearing masks anymore though there are still some. Cases keep going up though. I do not know the statistics. Work has relaxed more protocols but still requires unvaccinated employees to mask. We no longer have to answer assessment questions to clock in. I don't wear a mask to the store but I do try to keep my distance from people and avoid crowds.

When do yours expire? Mine exp in july
I was at a drugstore yesterday and a woman behind me buying 6 tests!
We have mask mandate for another week, don't know why we don't make tests mandatory again
I have a bunch. Some are July and some august but I did read they are likely good even after the expiration date.
My daughter goes through so many because of the kids being in school and after school activities. I give her the ones that are about to expire and get new ones for me to keep on hand. We have not had to test thankfully. I think we only did twice so far.

Reactions: PTree15
I visited my sister yesterday for some stuff. she had warned me that she had a cold. She had self tested on Saturday and Sunday and was negative. but today she tested positive.
I have a sheduled hike with friend for tomorrow. I probably should cancel.
I also have a colonoscopy on Friday. I went and got a test at the hospital today. (it was already scheduled because of the procedure). Results aren't back yet. I emailed my doctor about my sister having covid - no response yet but I think he will recommend to postpone the procedure.

I visited my sister yesterday for some stuff. she had warned me that she had a cold. She had self tested on Saturday and Sunday and was negative. but today she tested positive.
I have a sheduled hike with friend for tomorrow. I probably should cancel.
I also have a colonoscopy on Friday. I went and got a test at the hospital today. (it was already scheduled because of the procedure). Results aren't back yet. I emailed my doctor about my sister having covid - no response yet but I think he will recommend to postpone the procedure.
Ugh that’s unfortunate. I hope she has an easy time of it.
This is what I’ve been saying all along. Today is Tuesday, day four for her. She was very responsible to test again. Not enough people are doing that. They test days 1 and 2 and because they are negative they assume they don’t have it. I still believe it’s why we are where we are with it today.
Sorry if they postpone your procedure but they likely will.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Ugh that’s unfortunate. I hope she has an easy time of it.
This is what I’ve been saying all along. Today is Tuesday, day four for her. She was very responsible to test again. Not enough people are doing that. They test days 1 and 2 and because they are negative they assume they don’t have it. I still believe it’s why we are where we are with it today.
Sorry if they postpone your procedure but they likely will.
Actually, I am going to postpone it myself even if they don't. I was going to have my sister drive me home. I just realized that now I don't have a ride home. (they don't let you drive yourself home)
In defense of my sister she did test Sat, Sun and Tuesday.
Now I have to cancel tomorrows hike with friends.

So I should test again tomorrow and then again Thursday? I feel fine and I haven't gotten the results from today's test. even so I'm putting myself in quarantine for now.

Also even tho I was bragging about how great my county was doing they just reported we too are in a surge.
400 new cases on Monday. However, County wide just 37 in the hospital and only one in the ICU.

I have been procrastinating about the second booster. that will be next.

• Friendly
Reactions: Freesia and Emma JC
My husband had his cancer check-up at the hospital last week. He was supposed to have a swab test for Covid a few days before and then isolate until the test but then at the last minute they told him he didn't have to do that. I'm not sure why. We were annoyed as we thought he was going to have a few days off work!

Actually, I am going to postpone it myself even if they don't. I was going to have my sister drive me home. I just realized that now I don't have a ride home. (they don't let you drive yourself home)
In defense of my sister she did test Sat, Sun and Tuesday.
Now I have to cancel tomorrows hike with friends.

So I should test again tomorrow and then again Thursday? I feel fine and I haven't gotten the results from today's test. even so I'm putting myself in quarantine for now.

Also even tho I was bragging about how great my county was doing they just reported we too are in a surge.
400 new cases on Monday. However, County wide just 37 in the hospital and only one in the ICU.

I have been procrastinating about the second booster. that will be next.
I think if you feel fine you are ok and don’t need to test. I’m referring to symptomatic people. I think they need to test at least on day 3 but I would do it even on day four. Enough people are testing positive after two days of feeling sick and having symptoms.
I’m not sure you even need to quarantine if you’re not sick. It’s symptomatic people that I feel are going out and about too much. And even with that said, I’m not unsympathetic…there is a realistic factor and it’s difficult for many people to isolate themselves every time they get a sniffle. Just because I have no life lol. People need to work and have other responsibilities. But they should be masking and some aren’t even doing that. They are walking around coughing their germs around other people.

I’d like to advocate that people who are sick, regardless if it’s Covid or not, should wear a mask if they need to go out.

I’m noticing fewer and fewer people are wearing masks out. I’m feeling a little self conscious about it now but still wearing mine.

I have been reading that if you have symptoms, you should wait two or three days before testing because it doesn't always show up positive with the onset of symptoms. I still am and plan to wear a mask in public places for the foreseeable future. I've also read that good chunk of people aren't isolating even after they test positive, so I think that's contributing to stubbornness of this pandemic.

@Lou I hope your sister recovers quickly!

My HMO just sent me this

Use the following guidelines if you’re exposed to someone with COVID-19.​
If you’re boosted or vaccinated but not yet booster-eligible:​
- You don’t need to quarantine.​
- Take a COVID-19 test on day 5 (home antigen or molecular)*, if possible.​
- Wear a mask around others for 10 days.​
- If symptoms develop, test when possible and isolate at home.​
--------------------------
If you have cold/flu symptoms, even though your COVID-19 test was negative, we do ask you to stay home from work and avoid public settings as much as possible (self-isolate) until you have not had a fever for 24 hours (1 full day of no fever without use of fever reducing medications) and other symptoms have improved. If your symptoms get worse or you develop new symptoms, call our Appointment and Advice Call Center​
-------------------------------------​
We encourage everyone who’s eligible to get vaccinated and boosted. Individuals 5 and older are eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.​
Please reduce your risk of infection by continuing to:​
- Distance from others outside your household where possible.​
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth when in public.​
- Wash your hands often.​
It’s also always important to remember that vaccines don’t provide 100% protection. Any individual, even if vaccinated, who develops COVID-19 symptoms still needs to immediately mask, isolate themselves from others, and get tested.​

For a while after they removed restrictions, most people here still wore masks. But I notice that mask usage is dropping off. You still see a lot, but it is probably only about 50% now.

I still wear mine when out in public. (It has been more than two years since I wore any makeup!) I have to be careful. I had what might have been covid back in January. Ambulance, Emergency Department, ICU, pneumonia, the works. I had all the symptoms, but I repeatedly tested negative on PCR tests. Apparently, having the disease with no detectable virus is a real thing. Whether it was covid or not, my lungs are compromised now, so I can't afford to take any risks.

I have had two vaccinations plus a booster. They have no plans to make a second booster available for my age group. So I have an appointment with my doctor next week, to see if I can talk her into giving me a second booster because of my damaged lungs.