Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

my last comment on this discussion is that although he talks about consumption of animals he also made it clear that back over the past hundreds of years when people had backyard chickens, that did not lead to viral diseases, or when Bessie was in the barn it did not lead to viral diseases, nor did a pig or two or a duck or two....

Emma JC

Reactions: TofuRobot and Poppy
I don't hold myself out as a trusted source of information and I try to stay away from conspiracy theories even if a part of me finds them appealing.

What the Dairy Industry Doesn't Want You to Know - Neal Barnard MD - FULL TALK - VegSource youtube channel.

@18:12 through and beyond 20 minutes Neal talks extensively about how the government conspired with big Dairy to get people to consume lots of cheese. That's kind of a big claim, because dairy in the US (at least when I lived there) was heavily promoted in lots of
areas - including in public school. I still remember "milk...it does a body good".

Neal says the government was definitely in on it. And not local government - but government that affected US fast food corporations that were state wide, so he was referring to Federal Government.

Should I avoid Neal as a crazy tin foil hat wearer? He was contradicting the Government God and many of it's Trusted Corporations. Maybe I should cleave to the US Government's health recommendations of the 80's and 90's and beyond, and trust all the Corporations it dealt with in the matter of dairy? That way no one could accuse me of being a 'conspiracy theorist' in this area.

Last edited:
What the Dairy Industry Doesn't Want You to Know - Neal Barnard MD - FULL TALK - VegSource youtube channel.

@18:12 through and beyond 20 minutes Neal talks extensively about how the government conspired with big Dairy to get people to consume lots of cheese. That's kind of a big claim, because dairy in the US (at least when I lived there) was heavily promoted in lots of
areas - including in public school. I still remember "milk...it does a body good".

Neal says the government was definitely in on it. And not local government - but government that affected US fast food corporations that were state wide, so he was referring to Federal Government.

Should I avoid Neal as a crazy tin foil hat wearer? He was contradicting the Government God and many of it's Trusted Corporations. Maybe I should cleave to the US Government's health recommendations of the 80's and 90's and beyond, and trust all the Corporations it dealt with in the matter of dairy? That way no one could accuse me of being a 'conspiracy theorist' in this area.

The problem with that is that what you are talking about was never a secret. The government promoted the dairy industry. It still does, just as it promotes and protects big agribusiness and a whole host of industries.

The problem with that is that what you are talking about was never a secret. The government promoted the dairy industry. It still does, just as it promotes and protects big agribusiness and a whole host of industries.

I think you need to watch the clip I refer to. It wasn't only promoted, it was promoted as a way to get people addicted. It is promoted as a health product. What's more, I don't think the vast majority of people would ever suspect that the US Government worked directly with Fast Food corporations to promote it, for the sake of addiction. That was unknown to me and that is exactly what Neal asserts in the video. I think such collusion definitely qualifies as a conspiracy.

@Val and @Lou didn't watch the clip, lol, else you wouldn't have "liked" mischief's comment. It's clear that mischief didn't watch it either.

I'm actually surprised at the seeming amount of vegans here that can so reject what government heavily promotes and subsidizes, and yet be so against the idea that government also lies to them. It's honestly bizarre to me. How hard it must be in corporate land, watching all that garbage with all it's advertising of animal products, and yet still remain steadfast in not eating them. Honestly, bizarre.

Anyway...back to Covid-19...the government(s) are telling the truth this time!

Be afraid. Isolate. Get your vaccine when it comes around, because you know that is what's likely to be next! Ah..mercury, dead animal bits, possible future diseases from the vaccine itself...all that wonderful stuff...coming to a frightened population near you.

Reactions: TofuRobot
I think you need to watch the clip I refer to. It wasn't only promoted, it was promoted as a way to get people addicted. It is promoted as a health product. What's more, I don't think the vast majority of people would ever suspect that the US Government worked directly with Fast Food corporations to promote it, for the sake of addiction. That was unknown to me and that is exactly what Neal asserts in the video. I think such collusion definitely qualifies as a conspiracy.

Be afraid. Isolate. Get your vaccine when it comes around, because you know that is what's likely to be next! Ah..mercury, dead animal bits, possible future diseases from the vaccine itself...all that wonderful stuff...coming to a frightened population near you.
Oh, for crying out loud. The same thing happened with tobacco, and anyone with half a brain knew it was going on.

Humans are greedy and selfish. Humans are incompetent. Humans are stupid. Everything you point to as being some huge conspiracy is simply a result of what happens when you combine those traits in various people. No huge well guarded conspiracy, just human nature at work.

I agree,- governments always support dairy and meat industries, and invest billions into their development. You reminded me of one of the most significant events of recent years (i posted a gripe about it on VV): opening of a new (another) meat-processing plant belonging to "Cherkizovo" holding. It's a super modern gigantic robotized technological complex in Moscow "oblast". Just look at these "pretty faces",- especially the one on the right, when being interviewed. This dude who looks like Hitler (lol) - is our former minister of agriculture. Dairy industry is even more rich, despite the obvious evidence of violation of every possible rules, that are being discussed on the media, and official news channels. Dairy and meat industries can get away with anything, because they rule everything. Government would never invest such money into the produce sector of economics. OTOH, demand influences supply, and people will never stop craving processed (and other) meat, so the goal of the government is to feed the citizens with the products that are in demand. You would never guess how much cheese russians consume (even Italians are more frugal in this matter). When embargo hit our economics, there opened dozens of cheese factories across the country.
Caution: footages of kielbasa (Cherkizovo plant opening, 2018) :hmm: :

Oh, for crying out loud. The same thing happened with tobacco, and anyone with half a brain knew it was going on.

Is that so? You mean all those ads with Doctors promoting their special brand of cigarettes/cigars weren't effective?

Where will you be when your doctor recommends the Covid-19 vaccine shot? Ready to get the jab? Ready to claim everyone needs to get the jab, on a mandatory basis?

Humans are greedy and selfish. Humans are incompetent. Humans are stupid. Everything you point to as being some huge conspiracy is simply a result of what happens when you combine those traits in various people. No huge well guarded conspiracy, just human nature at work.

You have no idea what I actually believe. You made this clear a few posts back when you referenced various things considered "conspiracy" and then gave your speculations as to why people entertain them. I actually do some research on my beliefs, especially those that might be considered "out there". I read books on them, I study. I don't let myself get hypnotized by corporate programming or depend on the so called "mainstream media" for my information, because I have been made aware of how much they lie.

@Val and @Lou didn't watch the clip, lol, else you wouldn't have "liked" mischief's comment. It's clear that mischief didn't watch it either.

I'm actually surprised at the seeming amount of vegans here that can so reject what government heavily promotes and subsidizes, and yet be so against the idea that government also lies to them. It's honestly bizarre to me. How hard it must be in corporate land, watching all that garbage with all it's advertising of animal products, and yet still remain steadfast in not eating them. Honestly, bizarre.
Take a look at my message below.

Yes. Be afraid. Isolate. I agree, btw. (Miraculous, isn't it?)

So with the scores of individuals said to have died specifically from coronavirus, one might imagine people on social media like face book would start being missed. How many coronavirus victims had facebook accounts? Twitter? Other online platforms?

According to this article from earlier in the month, the US victims at least are being kept private. Yep, just about anyone else can die and it's a matter of public record, but not coronavirus victims. There's this special privacy needed because it's "crucial to battling the outbreak". I thought isolating yourself and obsessively washing your hands were crucial, not actually reporting on people that can be looked up, have histories etc. Apparently not.

Keeping coronavirus patients anonymous is crucial to battling the outbreak

Honestly, when I read stuff like this I feel like corporate media is bending over to take a giant dump, and expecting the general public to be waiting underneath to be blessed with food.

Day 1 of lockdown! I'm glad that I have enough food and toiletries at home to last 2/3 weeks.

My husband will be working as he is a key worker so he can buy us anything we might run out of in the next three weeks. The only thing I can think of at the moment is shaving foam and of course probably loo roll! I think I will switch from shower gel to soap as it lasts longer.

I just heard on the radio that the contactless payment limit will be increased to £45 in many shops.

Not sure if this is true but just read that it now takes Amazon 30 days for next day delivery.
And Safeway's delivery system is now taking at least 7 days. I am pretty sure of this cause I still haven't gotten what I ordered last week.

Not sure if this is true but just read that it now takes Amazon 30 days for next day delivery.
And Safeway's delivery system is now taking at least 7 days. I am pretty sure of this cause I still haven't gotten what I ordered last week.
Here in the US it depends on the items being ordered. I can’t even get a delivery date for pantry items...it goes into end of April and simply says no dates available. I was able to get some ointment and craft items with three day delivery.

This is not exactly true. I mean it is true that many many diseases are caused by animal products, or are exacerbated by them in some way, but there is, for example, plenty of literature on how inhaling smoke (from tobacco, from working in a mine, from fire) can cause disease over time or even immediately (death from smoke inhalation).

I've been looking more into the 5G thing. This was rolled out in Wuhan, China (the place where the supposed virus originated). The frequency it uses (60 Ghz) causes the same symptoms that Coronavirus is supposed to cause. This is because at that frequency it (the radiation from the microwaves) absorbs oxygen. Covid-19 is primarily a respiratory illness. Go figure.

In any case, even though consumption of animal products does cause many diseases (some immediate, many over long periods of time), it is a very big stretch to make the comparison to a supposed virus that isn't eaten that one can get either through the air or limited physical contact, that is supposed to cause disease symptoms after a short incubation time.
Sorry - I mean *infectious* diseases. Disease caused by smoke inhalation aren't contagious (is that what infectious means? lol).