Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

I'm not in any at risk group so I can go out to shops or the pharmacy if I need to but I'm mostly trying to stay indoors. I'm staying away from London public transport completely at this time. I was actually ill earlier in the year so I think I might be one of the people who already had it and it was just fairly mild for me. I did have a very annoying cough when I was ill.
Try to keep in mind it’s not just about you not being in the high risk group. Please take the necessary precautions so that you keep others safe as well. :)

In line at the Post Office this morning, three people came in wearing masks.
PANIC!
Then they said, "this is a robbery" and we all calmed down.

Some people are not shaking hands because of Coronavirus.
I'm not shaking hands because people have run out of toilet paper.

Back in my day, there was so much toilet paper, people used to string it up in the trees of their enemies.

Try to keep in mind it’s not just about you not being in the high risk group. Please take the necessary precautions so that you keep others safe as well. :)

I am! I've been indoors since Tuesday. I've only seen my husband and he still has to work as he is considered a key worker.

I'm avoiding my elderly mother-in-law but that is just because I don't like her very much. I was doing it before this, lol.

These are the rules for social distancing and self-isolating in the UK at the moment.

What am I allowed to do when social distancing?

You can go for a walk or run outdoors if you stay 2m (6ft) away from others
You can see family and friends if it's essential
You can walk your dog
You can provide essential care for elderly relatives and neighbours if you have no symptoms
You can go to the shops to buy food and groceries.

What is self-isolation?

Self-isolating means not leaving your home, other than for exercise. Don't go to work, school or public areas during this time.

If possible, you should not go out even to buy food or other essentials. If you are unable to get supplies delivered, you should do what you can to limit social contact when you do leave the house.

I am! I've been indoors since Tuesday. I've only seen my husband and he still has to work as he is considered a key worker.

I'm avoiding my elderly mother-in-law but that is just because I don't like her very much. I was doing it before this, lol.
Well, I would have assumed that had I realized it was “you”. :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: Raven and silva
The number of infections is starting to creep up here 66, The fear of it is ridiculous, plus there was a punch up in a supermarket in the town near us .......over toilet paper, for goodness sake.

I read on the net, I thought was a good hint( and that was with or out corona) don't use finger-operated EFTPOS machines, just use your paywave card or apple pay.

Better still if you can, just shop your groceries online.

I read on the net, I thought was a good hint( and that was with or out corona) don't use finger-operated EFTPOS machines, just use your paywave card or apple pay.

The challenge with not using the pin pad is that if you go over the limit of your credit card for tapping (in Canada it is usually $100) then you have to use the pin pad. If I go out again (hopefully won't have to) I will stop at $98 and pay then do the rest and pay again.

Emma JC

The challenge with not using the pin pad is that if you go over the limit of your credit card for tapping (in Canada it is usually $100) then you have to use the pin pad. If I go out again (hopefully won't have to) I will stop at $98 and pay then do the rest and pay again.

Emma JC
Can't you use a pencil or some kind of stylus? That's what I do with ATM's. Or the touch screens? It's hard to find a stylus that works for those, I'd like to have one. I use two different banks and one has atm with buttons I can use a pencil, the other has touch screen for some functions, and I'll use a knuckle, but hate too. I think they're just so dirty a screen stylus won't work :mad:

yup could use something else but then it has to come with me... staying home..... grrrr

Emma JC

I think this video may eventually get scrubbed from youtube. I came across it today through a link, not a search. Whether or not you accept the premise(s) of the various points made, I do believe it contains some valuable information. I learned a few things I did not know:

• Wow
Reactions: Lou
The number of infections is starting to creep up here 66, The fear of it is ridiculous, plus there was a punch up in a supermarket in the town near us .......over toilet paper, for goodness sake.

Better still if you can, just shop your groceries online.
I ended up having to use my fingers on one. so I went in the bank which was pretty empty and asked one of the asst mgrs for some purell. She was happy to lend me hers. Then I asked for an envelope. she gave me one too. Then I counted my money and put it in the envelope. and she told me to use the purell again. Money is dirty she said.

But that was last week, I don't know if the banks are even open this week.

• Informative
Reactions: Blues
My bank is open but they are asking us to not come in. They have the atm and drive through open for business.

• Informative
Reactions: Lou
That’s too long for me to watch now but I’m going to save it and watch when I’m having my morning coffee in the morning.

Reactions: Emma JC