Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

Yikes.... This is a terrible time to be without health insurance.
I don't know if I can get a refund for my plane ticket, maybe I can change the day. Either way, I'm not wanting to get on the plane.
Great... Right now I don't have any. I mean, I'm still covered, but since they upped my hours on Jan 1st and I'm only hourly, I don't think I qualify - at least at the end of the year they'll know I didn't. .... :/

Anyway...back to Covid-19...the government(s) are telling the truth this time!

Be afraid. Isolate. Get your vaccine when it comes around, because you know that is what's likely to be next! Ah..mercury, dead animal bits, possible future diseases from the vaccine itself...all that wonderful stuff...coming to a frightened population near you.
And don't forget your digital certificate!;

• Friendly
Reactions: Nekodaiden
always best to make sure we know (and agree on )our definitions

disease
[ dih-zeez ]SHOW IPA
SEE SYNONYMS FOR disease ON THESAURUS.COM
noun
a disordered or incorrectly functioning organ, part, structure, or system of the body resulting from the effect of genetic or developmental errors, infection, poisons, nutritional deficiency or imbalance, toxicity, or unfavorable environmental factors; illness; sickness; ailment.

So the wod

Infectious diseases are caused by microscopic germs (such as bacteria or viruses) that get into the body and cause problems. Some — but not all — infectious diseases spread directly from one person to another. Infectious diseases that spread from person to person are said to be contagious.

so here is a link to a video that presents a hopeful view of all of this - Dr Lisle is a plant-based doctor who is associated with all the other doctors that we know and love - he made this video 2 days ago and so I am posting it only for your information - I do not know if he is correct and I certainly hope that he is - this said I don't think this is over as it is just ramping up in the US - please if you're going to watch it, watch to the end and then put it into perspective with all the information that you receive - just FYI the numbers in Canada are interesting, we have a population of approx 37.5 million so a tenth of the USA and we currently have 2,590 known cases and just 25 known cases have died

Although he is very hopeful with the stats he presents he is also clear that the vulnerable population is just that vulnerable and need to be protected and they need to be careful.

Looking forward to seeing what you all think.

Emma JC

And don't forget your digital certificate!;

Thank you. For a second there, I feel like I was the only person even semi-woke in this thread.

so that happened...

banging a pot and clapping has arrived in my neighbourhood – so cool – was cooking dinner and a racket started up outside a steady bang bang bang and as we live in a highrise, directly across from another highrise the reverberations were very loud

At 7 pm everyone bangs or claps in support of the people working hard out there, medical, grocery clerks etc.

It was very cool although most of us didn’t know what was happening or why – tomorrow night we will be prepared!

feeling a bit emotional as it was very nice

Emma JC

I don’t know if I can get on board with this. Husband, maybe. Siblings, absolutely not. I mean, people are dying alone, without their loved ones at their side, especially in Italy. I think a woman can suck it up and deliver a baby. She has trained medical staff at least. I just don’t know. I need to think about this a bit more.

I don’t know if I can get on board with this. Husband, maybe. Siblings, absolutely not. I mean, people are dying alone, without their loved ones at their side, especially in Italy. I think a woman can suck it up and deliver a baby. She has trained medical staff at least. I just don’t know. I need to think about this a bit more.
This is interesting how this mindset factor differs in each country. This practice is not popular over here (letting strangers, including a husband, into a medical box where a baby is born). Maybe in small private clinics...
So this kind of problem would never occur in any state russian hospital, even if it's a well-equipped perinatal center where Liza had a caesarean section performed on her. She said the surgery itself was not that scary (thought it was petrifying anyway!): she didn't feel anything, though she was awake (she had epidural anesthesia only of her lower body part). But after the anesthesia weakened, everything began to hurt fiercely. She and David were placed in a big "box", where many of other women and yelling babies were staying for at least 12 hrs after their surgeries,- and only then, everyone was placed into her own room.
There were no special restrictions about visiting rules (for relatives) during the entire period she was staying there, but, of course, we were wearing blue medical clothes and plastic "bakhily" on our slippers (because dirty boots had to be taken off anyway). Liza had her own room, so Elijah could bring anything that was needed, and Liza was telling him long lists of what to bring and what to buy. Nurses were checking them, telling them what to do next and helping them very often.
In general, it was the best place to give birth at in SPb. Theoretically, there are a lot of "Roddomy" (literally: "delivery houses") in SPb (and everywhere else), but there are very few perinatal centers. If a woman or a baby have any pathologies, they are supposed to be looked after and get checked at medical centers from the very first weeks of pregnancy. Liza had some syringomyelia, plus David was in a breech position, so caesarean section was obligate in this case.
In a nutshell, having a delivery with all relatives watching (or even a husband watching) still seems something weird and inacceptable to our women.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
Not sure if i should post here or gripe but, i might get this because my husband won’t change and wash up after he goes out .. even after they reported more cases. I told him i am vulnerable too viruses and i just gotten better from being sick with chest cold.. he said there is no cases in our town but in county 🤦‍♀️

Bill Gates:

Predicts 30 million could die from pandemic flu (2018):

One of the sponsors of "Event 201" (all about how to handle a Coronavirus (yes that name was used) a little less than 2 months before "outbreak"

Suggests we all have digital certificates verifying our vaccination status from Coronavirus pandemic (reddit, 18 March, 2020)

Is Bill Gates a wonderful prophet, or are we beginning to feel a little dumb yet?

We are living extraordinary times and hence new mesures that are put into place are also drastic. I think that the most important factor is to keep the population safe. The less people that form a 'crowd' the higher the protection and less spread of the virus. It's essentiel that this virus dies before we all die

The most important thing is to have highly trained medical staff when giving birth and hence have a healthy mum and baby. Dads and other members of the family will have their entire life to bond with baby.

The huge problem is that the entire world is receiving mixed messages from medical staff and government officials. Yes, thousands are dying and they all die alone.........

We are living extraordinary times and hence new mesures that are put into place are also drastic. I think that the most important factor is to keep the population safe. The less people that form a 'crowd' the higher the protection and less spread of the virus. It's essentiel that this virus dies before we all die

The most important thing is to have highly trained medical staff when giving birth and hence have a healthy mum and baby. Dads and other members of the family will have their entire life to bond with baby.

The huge problem is that the entire world is receiving mixed messages from medical staff and government officials. Yes, thousands are dying and they all die alone.........
I have

a few family members that are due soon and they are nervous.