Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

Two people I know at work were sent home yesterday, one due to a positive PCR test and the other due to being a close contact to someone who had tested positive. We have our own PCR testing facility at work, so I can drop off my sample in the morning before 10am and receive the result by email by 4pm. Every employee is encouraged to do two samples per week.

My company has offered voluntary weekly testing from the start, which I do, and will begin mandatory weekly testing starting next week.
Everyone I know who's been vaccinated is talking about getting the booster, and of course those who aren't, aren't 🙄
I'm going to look into the different opinions on same vaccine/different vaccine before getting the booster.
I had Pfizer

TJX is saying if you are not vaccinated you will have to have weekly tests. This is if that mandate actually goes into effect. Here in Florida Governor Idiot DeSantis has gotten a law passed negating the Federal mandate. My boss joked that she is certainly not going to be sticking anything up anyone's nose for the testing. With DeSantis fighting for "freedom", it is all very confusing.

TJX is saying if you are not vaccinated you will have to have weekly tests. This is if that mandate actually goes into effect. Here in Florida Governor Idiot DeSantis has gotten a law passed negating the Federal mandate. My boss joked that she is certainly not going to be sticking anything up anyone's nose for the testing. With DeSantis fighting for "freedom", it is all very confusing.
Our testing consists of being given a vial, sitting in front of a mirror, and using a cotton swab to circle the inside of each nostril just up to the cotton tip, for 15 seconds each side, then inserting the swab inside the vial, putting it in a plastic bag, seal it and drop it in the box. We get the results the next morning.

My company has offered voluntary weekly testing from the start, which I do, and will begin mandatory weekly testing starting next week.
Everyone I know who's been vaccinated is talking about getting the booster, and of course those who aren't, aren't 🙄
I'm going to look into the different opinions on same vaccine/different vaccine before getting the booster.
I had Pfizer

I saw an article awhile ago that said that if you have had Pfizer for first and second that the best combo is a Moderna shot for the booster. We are not eligible yet and when we are I think we will go for Moderna if we can.

My hometown, that I mentioned a while ago, is still skyrocketing... 41 new cases just yesterday. I, personally, think it is the border that is the issue, it is very close to Michigan which is the state with the highest per capita cases right now. Almost 300 cases in a city of less than 75,000 people.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I wonder what news regarding COVID will be on our intranet tomorrow.

That being said I don't want to go to work tomorrow, I'm so tired, dunno. I wish I could just stay at home working home office. Hopefully I can grab a day of HO this week...

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
I'd rather not, but currently it seems that Pfizer is the only one available in my area (I had Moderns originally)
Hmmm....what info are you going on to want to stay with the original vaccine? Seems everyone I know is thinking it's better to switch?
I want to wait until I'm more certain, though I can't find the opposite now!

Of course I can’t find where I saw that if you had Pfizer it’s good to switch to a Moderna booster, but if you had Moderna it’s preferable to stay with Moderna. But the bottom line is it’s definitely safe to switch and get any of the three vaccines for a booster.

• Friendly
  • Agree
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
Hmmm....what info are you going on to want to stay with the original vaccine? Seems everyone I know is thinking it's better to switch?
I want to wait until I'm more certain, though I can't find the opposite now!

Nothing necessarily negative. I've heard that the Moderna vaccine is somewhat more effective, and the protection it provides last longer than Pfizer.

It's probably nothing, but I only had a sore arm with Moderna, whereas my wife was taken out of action for two days after her Pfizer shot.

I can't "afford" to be in bed for two days.

Reactions: KLS52
I have nothing to base this on, but I have it in my head that switching would be good because there must be something a little bit different between the three vaccines. So why not try to mix it up and get two different ones. But I likely won’t do that. I am having a hard time making my appointment though. I’m not 100% comfortable with getting a third dose, maybe because I was pretty sick with the first two doses.

I'm balking at getting the booster too! Somehow I now feel like I should wait for more info.
I got the Pfizer, no real side effects-maybe chills and tired, but I think that might have been more psychosomatic than real. What's my excuse for all the other times I slept so long on the couch?
It seems Pfizer is the primary one here, I haven't found Moderna

• Friendly
Well after all that I’m booked for December 3rd. 🤦🏻‍♀️ My daughters just texted and they are booking theirs. They are Pfizer. I’m Moderna. Plus Granddaughter isn’t vaccinated yet but she will be soon.

Reactions: Chryssie
Well after all that I’m booked for December 3rd. 🤦🏻‍♀️ My daughters just texted and they are booking theirs. They are Pfizer. I’m Moderna. Plus Granddaughter isn’t vaccinated yet but she will be soon.
I'm shooting for this day as well, now that everyone is eligible. I have to take my dad for an appointment, so I might not be able to get it until later in the day. I was down for the count for a good day or so with the second Moderna shot, so I need to make sure I have a day off work to rest if the third one is a problem.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52
I don't even know what jab I'm getting as I booked it through the app, I think. I will probably only find out on the day.

Actually, I didn't even think to ask my husband what he got either.

We need to wait six months between the second jab and the booster, so I won't get it until January.

Looks like it's going to be a grim winter in many countries. Norway is reporting its highest case numbers ever with 2,000+ daily cases, and continental Europe is also struggling. Ukraine is apparently the worst hit, which may not be surprising with only a 21% vaccination rate amongst the eligible population. The UK case numbers are also climbing again - 44,917 yesterday.

• Friendly
Of course I can’t find where I saw that if you had Pfizer it’s good to switch to a Moderna booster, but if you had Moderna it’s preferable to stay with Moderna. But the bottom line is it’s definitely safe to switch and get any of the three vaccines for a booster.

yes, that is what I read too - if you had 1 and 2 as Moderna, make your booster Moderna and if you had Pfizer/Pfizer also have Moderna

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com