Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

Shoot. There was chatter that the indoor mask mandate for California would be lifted after the Hollidays (5 - 8 weeks from now). I was planning on making a return to my gym then.

I'm thinking of trying to find a workout buddy to meet with. I'm just not good at setting a time for a home workout.

But now with this Omicron, they are saying another 3 - 4 months.

I just had Pfizer this time after having AZ the other times. The injection hurt a bit this time. I had to wait 15 mins in the waiting room afterwards this time too.
Any other reaction?

Reactions: silva
I just got an appointment for next Saturday at the Publix I shop at. I could have had an appointment sooner but I wanted a Saturday so I have the next day off in case I don't feel well. Evidently Publix has plenty of vaccine. I am getting Moderna which is what I had initially.

35 more cases in town since last Thursday. 😩

The good news is, no serious cases. They all seem to be no more than a bad cold.

And my daughter read today that omicron looks to be even milder than Delta. 🤞🏼

Reactions: Emma JC
35 more cases in town since last Thursday. 😩

The good news is, no serious cases. They all seem to be no more than a bad cold.

And my daughter read today that omicron looks to be even milder than Delta. 🤞🏼
I so hope that turns out to be the case. The first omicron case (reported over the weekend) in CT was a mild case in a man in his 60s somewhere in my county. So that's good. He may have gotten it from a family member who attended an anime conference in NYC. They didn't say whether the family member also had the omicron variant. NYC is asking all the people who went to the conference to get tested for the variant.

Latest news is that Omicrorn is more transmissible but less deadly.

also in the news today: Republicans are three times more likely to die from Covid than Democrats.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and Emma JC
so happy to report that my niece, her husband and small baby were able to fly home for a christmas visit from Kenya - they both had Covid a few months ago, both were subsequently able to get vaccinated and arrived last night in Toronto... it is unlikely that I will see them while they are here however it is so good to have them home and safe and my brother/wife get to meet their grandchild for the first time

grateful, Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

We had that big surge in the summer but things have leveled off. looks like out daily average of new cases is like 40 or 50. Interestingly is that most of the new cases are in the 20 - 50 year old range but hardly any of them die.

We have met most of the criteria for lifting the mask mandate. Officals expect that we can lift the mask mandate in January. I think keeping it thru December is a good idea anyway.

I'm thinking my new year's resolution is to get back to the gym.