Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

So I was supposed to hang out with my cousin next weekend, but it's not happening. Last night she texted me that her husband and son-in-law (the daughter's family lives with my cousin and her husband) have COVID. Her husband, who was vaccinated, has a head cold for now, but the son-in-law, who I suspect was not vaccinated, is sick as a dog: fever, body aches, awful cough, splitting headache, all since last Wednesday. My cousin never said whether the son-in-law was vaccinated. So they are staying put for the next 10 days. The kids have to get tested daily and have several negative tests before they can return to school. It seems her husband and son-in-law went to some gatherings of the Masons a couple of times last week, and that's where they think they got it. I guess it was a large-ish gathering. :(

My work will extend testing to become mandatory weekly testing which should appease the requirements, hopefully.
We've had questionnaires and many have indicted they would quit if vaccines were mandated.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Nothing has been said about vaccinations or testing at TJ Maxx. There is a poster in the breakroom suggesting vaccinations but no one has said a word about it. We are still getting cases of employees getting it once in a while.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
I booked Hub and I the booster on Friday after I get out of work. I am also getting the flu shot. I hope I feel ok on Saturday. I wanted to do it before Thanksgiving. Hub was fervery after the first jab (j&j), I hope he is not this time. I was just tired.

I booked Hub and I the booster on Friday after I get out of work. I am also getting the flu shot. I hope I feel ok on Saturday. I wanted to do it before Thanksgiving. Hub was fervery after the first jab (j&j), I hope he is not this time. I was just tired.
Smart to do it before thanksgiving.

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
Some of us got our booster shots today, including me.
I'm still not eligible in my state (not old enough). But when Moderna becomes available for all, I will get it. Other U.S. states are already allowing younger people to get it. Where my sister lives (Massachusetts), it's 55 and older, but in my state it's still 65 and older if you don't qualify under the other conditions (underlying health issues, jobs with a high risk of exposure, etc.).

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
We were informed at work today that management will be having one on one conversations with all employees concerning the vaccine mandate that is supposed to go into effect soon. Since I am already vaccinated, it won't be much of a conversation! I do plan on scheduling the booster soon.

I did order some lateral flow tests to keep at home if either of us have any symptoms. I've meant to do that for a while and I just went on the government website and ordered a free pack yesterday. They are being delivered today at a certain time which I thought was quite good. There are 7 tests in a pack.

I did order some lateral flow tests to keep at home if either of us have any symptoms. I've meant to do that for a while and I just went on the government website and ordered a free pack yesterday. They are being delivered today at a certain time which I thought was quite good. There are 7 tests in a pack.
I have a couple as well. Had to pay $14 though. That’s considered a bargain.

I just got this message about the tests I received. I have to report the results to the NHS straight away too.

Nobody I know has said they are doing this?:confused: I suppose I will do it but then if my husband does this too we will need a lot of tests to be sent to our house.

Testing when you do not have symptoms

About 1 in 3 people with coronavirus do not have symptoms but can still infect others. Getting tested regularly is the only way to know if you have the virus. If people test positive and self-isolate, it helps stop the virus spreading.

Take the test twice a week (3 or 4 days apart) and get more tests as and when you need.

Did any of you have any side effects? My 80 year old mother-in-law said she felt fine after.
Only a pain in the deltoid when abducting the arm for a day and slight "flush feeling" in the face that lasted for a few hours, you know when your fingers are cold but your face feels really hot without being febrile? The later could be a coincidence though since I sometimes have that feeling for whatever reason. About 30 min after the shot I had a kind of a "fluttery feeling" in the stomach and chest that lasted for a few minutes. I can't remember if I had that sensation the two times before or not.

My boss didn't notice anything at all and my two other colleagues neither. The colleague who got the shot a few days before us had that typical pain in the deltoid when abducting, nothing else.

Take the test twice a week (3 or 4 days apart) and get more tests as and when you need.
Tests twice a week are mandatory for us at work (hospital). However, neither of the people in my department tested positive without symptoms so far over the course of several months. Two had false positives (you get PCR testing first before a positive result is confirmed).

I don't know about the other departments in our hospital though.