Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

Or there're a mature individual who has made the perfectly acceptable decision to not get such a new vaccine put into them.

The point is that the decision made may have been based on misinformation.

There have been a number of studies conducted on the safety and efficacy of the vaccine. The information is available to the public. No one has to make an uniformed decision.

Believing that there is a microchip in the vaccine, or that the vaccine is harmful is simply not supported by the evidence available from reliable sources.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian W and Lou
Unpopular opinion to follow:

I think that we perhaps were not told the truth abouth Covid, I wonder if it i has been around a lot longer than said. My suspicion is the disease has been around since early 2019 at least. And sometimes i wonder if transmission rates have been misreported, i think many people have had it, perhaps without realising. And had it earlier than when Covid was first said to have originated.
Why do you think that? do you have any evidence?

@Freesia and @LoreD , Covid 19 is a novel virus. Novel meaning new. Coronaviruses are not new. there is like a whole family of coronaviruses dating back for as long as there have been people.

Covid 19 has a unique DNA make up. It was never identified before 2019. The theory is that it did exist In animals before but a mutation or maybe just opportunity allowed it to infect humans.

Viruses in general mutate and become new viruses. In fact several novel viruses were reported in 2015-16 in America. H3N2 (1968 Hong Kong flu pandemic), and H1N1 (2009 swine flu pandemic) made reappearances that year.

So most likely if you had the flu that year it was one of those.

There have been a number of studies conducted on the safety and efficacy of the vaccine. The information is available to the public. No one has to make an uniformed decision.

Believing that there is a microchip in the vaccine, or that the vaccine is harmful is simply not supported by the evidence available from reliable sources.
They MAY have been based on misinformation.

Science is a great thing but nothing in this world is flawless, scientist will never know everything about something, no matter how educated and professional they are there will always be things that just take time, sometimes you have to wait and see.

Reactions: Lou
Science is a great thing but nothing in this world is flawless, scientist will never know everything about something, no matter how educated and professional they are there will always be things that just take time, sometimes you have to wait and see.

So the alternative is to believe random people on the Internet with no medical background, and who are skilled spreading conspiracy theories?

Reactions: Emma JC

Viva la Revolution!

As a pro-vaxxer (got my 1st covid jab on Tuesday 🎉 ) who attended a class at primary school (1960's) with a little boy in a wheelchair who had caught polio, I'm grateful to all of the scientists and experts who have discovered vaccines to combat the most dreadful diseases listed below. Nobody wants to die of tetanus, the plague or covid. Nobody wants their child to end up in a wheelchair because they contracted polio! This little boy called Timothy, is forever engraved in my mind.

No drug or vaccine is a 100 % safe. However when both are prescribed it is because the pros outweigh the cons. Nothing on this earth is a
100 % safe.
Most of the concerns that create opposition to vaccination are nothing more than misconceptions. So perhaps it would be useful to list questions and concerns and have someone from the medical field that can give solid answers to those who are either vaccine hesitant or anti-vaxxers.

''Edward Jenner’s innovations, begun with his successful 1796 use of cowpox material to create immunity to smallpox, quickly made the practice widespread. His method underwent medical and technological changes over the next 200 years, and eventually resulted in the eradication of smallpox.

Louis Pasteur’s 1885 rabies vaccine was the next to make an impact on human disease. And then, at the dawn of bacteriology, developments rapidly followed. Antitoxins and vaccines against diphtheria, tetanus, anthrax, cholera, plague, typhoid, tuberculosis, and more were developed through the 1930s.''

Timeline | History of Vaccines

"Not many of us think twice about driving somewhere, but the risk of a car accident is a lot higher than serious effects of a vaccine," says Dr Ward.

Covid vaccine: What you need to know about vaccine safety

Some food for thought :

Maybe a case for the Darwin awards. How the human race breeds out stupidity by making the most foolish resist vaccination.

Maybe a case for the Darwin awards. How the human race breeds out stupidity by making the most foolish resist vaccination.
The same thought had gone thru my mind every time I read about a group of people who ignored the quarantine and gathered and then then got Covid.
Unfortunately, most of the time the story ended with some innocent grandparent dying.

Same thing here. In virology they call it reservoirs. A population that harbors the virus and allows for it to grow and multiply and mutate. So the anitvaxers may eventually go extinct but not before creating problems for the rest of us.

I don't understand. Even if covid-19 has been around for a while, how would that mitigate the seriousness of it?

This reminds me of a dinosaur bone that was dug up decades ago, and shoved into a museum storage area, only to be "discovered" again by a paleontologist years later. Sure, that fossil has been around for a long time, and people had some idea that it existed, but how does that lesson the fossil's contribution to the understanding of dinos?

I don't understand. Even if covid-19 has been around for a while, how would that mitigate the seriousness of it?

This reminds me of a dinosaur bone that was dug up decades ago, and shoved into a museum storage area, only to be "discovered" again by a paleontologist years later. Sure, that fossil has been around for a long time, and people had some idea that it existed, but how does that lesson the fossil's contribution to the understanding of dinos?
IMHO, that is not a fair analogy.

I think the point of "discovering" it from sometime before 2019 would place some doubt about everything we have come to understand about it. Especially its origins.

Maybe I should have put these in my original reply but ....
From the article

The discovery of virus genome presence so early in Spain, if confirmed....​
The research has been submitted for a peer review.​
.....was still early to draw definitive conclusions."​
".... more samples to confirm it and rule out a laboratory error or a methodological problem"​
There was the potential for a false positive due to the virus’ similarities with other respiratory infections.​

Oh. wait. I will have to look up some dates. but maybe the article is JUST saying that they found corona virus in Spain before it was first identified to be in Spain. NOT before it was first identified in China.

I can say that any discoveries are of utmost interest to scientists, even something which may seem small to someone reading the article could have all sorts of implications. For example it might explain why so many asymptomatic positive cases were being received, maybe these people had already had covid? And then it needs to be investigated into whether any authorities were aware of an earlier presence or whether it was indeed picked up by these Spanish scientists.

Lou: