Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

We got another bonus from TJX Corp. last week. They have given 3 so far since we went back to work nearly a year ago now. The amounts are not that large but even a little extra cash is helpful. There are thousands of employees around the world working for TJX.

Country music legend Dolly Parton has been inoculated with the Covid-19 vaccine that she helped to fund. Parton broke into song while getting the Moderna jab, adapting one of her best-known ballads. To the tune of Jolene, she sang: “Vaccine, vaccine, vaccine, vaccine, I’m begging of you, please don’t hesitate. Vaccine, vaccine, vaccine, vaccine, because once you’re dead, then that’s a bit too late.”

Interesting article on future pandemics:

Meat-eating creates risk of future pandemic that ‘would make Covid seem a dress rehearsal’, scientists warn

Experts from both the UN and the European Food Safety Authority have previously identified industrial animal farming as the cause of most new infectious diseases in humans in the past decade, and have likewise warned it risks starting new pandemics.

Zoonotic diseases - those that jump from animals to humans - have become four times as frequent in the past 50 years.

Animals kept in close confinement, either in street markets or intensive farming, are susceptible to disease because the stress of the conditions and even the sight of others being slaughtered weakens their immune systems, experts say.

I got my second shot this morning. It's been around 14 hours at this point, and I only have a sore arm and a mild headache.

I've been hearing a lot of horror stories about serious the side effects of the 2nd shot, so this is a big relief. (assuming it doesn't get worse over the next couple of days)...

Last edited:
I got my second shot this morning. It been around 14 hours at this point, and I only have a sore arm and a mild headache.

I've been hearing a lot of horror stories about serious the side effects of the 2nd shot, so this is a big relief. (assuming it doesn't get worse over the next couple of days)...

Apparently the younger who are the more side effects you have when getting the jab. My GP told me to take 1 g of paracetemol just before getting the latter.

My GP told me to take 1 g of paracetemol just before getting the latter.
I was going to take paracetamol after my jabs. Did she/he say it was better taking before for any reason?

I was going to take paracetamol after my jabs. Did she/he say it was better taking before for any reason?

Because taking it just before will abort any pain. It's the same as with migraines.She also told me to take it easy and stay at home the following day. So we'll see as I'm having it after tomorrow ; i.e. on Tuesday.

Apparently the younger who are the more side effects you have when getting the jab. My GP told me to take 1 g of paracetemol just before getting the latter.

It was my understanding that you shouldn't take a pain reliever before the shot, as it "may decrease the antibody response".

This is in regard to the flu shot, which I only recently heard “after” I had gotten it last year.

““Unless your health care provider tells you otherwise, it’s best not to take pain relievers one or two days before the flu vaccine and for a week afterward,” said David J. Topham, Ph.D., a study author and professor in the Center for Vaccine Biology and Immunology at URMC.”

This is an older article however.

That was my understanding too, but many middle aged people like myself who I know suffered pretty bad side effects, and my friend's 20 something daughter only had mild symptoms.

So it seems like it really runs the gamut

Hmm, yes. I take ibuprofen before the dentist (I forgot for my filling last week, actually!) but the pharmacist told me to take paracetamol after the flu jab. I'm going to have to read to see what is better with the Covid jab.

Reactions: KLS52
I don’t think “they” really know. Best to do what feels right I suppose.
My symptoms were bad enough after the first dose but I suffered through it because I was afraid to take Tylenol or Advil. If it’s any worse when I get the second dose next Saturday, I don’t think I will be able to hold out. I don’t suffer very well lol.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
Because taking it just before will abort any pain. It's the same as with migraines.She also told me to take it easy and stay at home the following day. So we'll see as I'm having it after tomorrow ; i.e. on Tuesday.
Are you getting excited? 😍