Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

Level 2 today, well from Sunday, i havent been to the bookstore in 14 days so i hope to do that today...
I know that is just a smal thing to report. But i am stupidly excited, the last week has been a rough one and i want to 'treat'myself...

Level 2 today, well from Sunday, i havent been to the bookstore in 14 days so i hope to do that today...
I know that is just a smal thing to report. But i am stupidly excited, the last week has been a rough one and i want to 'treat'myself...
Not at all small. Freedom to browse for books after a lockdown is awesome news!

Reactions: PTree15 and Freesia
My husband got a letter asking him to take part in a voluntary London university study about Covid. It was random, apparently. The letter said " Your participation is incredibly important even if you have had Covid-19 or have recently been tested" and they send you a swab to test your nose and throat for the research.

Not at all small. Freedom to browse for books after a lockdown is awesome news!

Thank you :) ... last time i went out i didnt go inside the mall for some reason and then next day was the lockdown. i was glad i hit the supermarket the day before the lockdown as it meant i was stocked up, but i have been missing browsing in a few stores and i am hopimg they might have some new books in and i could find something i would like :) ...

Some interesting facts coming form Israel. European scientists are eagerly awaiting more data:

''Israel’s Health Ministry said Saturday that coronavirus vaccines were “dramatically” effective and the latest data shows the shots were 98.9% effective at preventing death caused by COVID-19.''

“Thanks to Israel’s strong health system that has allowed us to vaccinate an unprecedented wide percentage of the population, and our epidemiological tracking facilities, we are the first country in the world that can show the effect of the vaccine in the real clinical world,” said Levy.

Green pass: how are Covid vaccine passports working for Israel? As Israel Reopens, ‘Whoever Does Not Get Vaccinated Will Be Left Behind’, That's not what we should emulate.

Reactions: Freesia
Just an FYI in case any of your friends or family are undecided about getting the vaccine. Their indecisiveness is possibly the result of Russian propaganda.

Or there're a mature individual who has made the perfectly acceptable decision to not get such a new vaccine put into them.

Reactions: Amy SF
Unpopular opinion to follow:

I think that we perhaps were not told the truth abouth Covid, I wonder if it i has been around a lot longer than said. My suspicion is the disease has been around since early 2019 at least. And sometimes i wonder if transmission rates have been misreported, i think many people have had it, perhaps without realising. And had it earlier than when Covid was first said to have originated.

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52 and Amy SF
Unpopular opinion to follow:

I think that we perhaps were not told the truth abouth Covid, I wonder if it i has been around a lot longer than said. My suspicion is the disease has been around since early 2019 at least.
It's been around for at least 10 years.

It's been around for at least 10 years.

It is very strange. I was terribly ill with something around 2016.... nasty thing it was... but at any rate i have seen articles saying it was detected somewhere in April 2019... weird..

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52
It is very strange. I was terribly ill with something around 2016.... nasty thing it was... but at any rate i have seen articles saying it was detected somewhere in April 2019... weird..

This virus regularly mutates. It might have been around for quite a while as a less fatal form before mutating.

I remember a lot of people being really sick where I worked before I retired about 4 years ago. About 6 or 7 months before that there was a really bad flu like illness going around. People got really bad sick, would get better, and then it would keep coming back in waves.

A woman I worked with still had it after 3 months before it finally went away. She would be really sick for 2 weeks, better for a week, and then it would come back strong for another 2 weeks. It was happening all over the building. People were sick for 2, 3, and sometimes 4 months.

I had never seen anything like it. It spread like wildfire through the building. I felt really lucky I didn't get it.

• Sad
Reactions: KLS52
This virus regularly mutates. It might have been around for quite a while as a less fatal form before mutating.

I remember a lot of people being really sick where I worked before I retired about 4 years ago. About 6 or 7 months before that there was a really bad flu like illness going around. People got really bad sick, would get better, and then it would keep coming back in waves.

A woman I worked with still had it after 3 months before it finally went away. She would be really sick for 2 weeks, better for a week, and then it would come back strong for another 2 weeks. It was happening all over the building. People were sick for 2, 3, and sometimes 4 months.

I had never seen anything like it. It spread like wildfire through the building. I felt really lucky I didn't get it.

Yes that was what i seemed to have in 2016... it went on for weeks, also i know people who got it in 2017.. many said it was the worst ever.... not sure what that was but not fun...