Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

My son tested negative :)
So many coworkers have gotten it, and most all have been doing all the right things, hygiene, masks, isolating....
The latest man took it very seriously as he lives with his elderly father. He contracted it and his father did a few days later. His dad is in the hospital on a vent and from what I understood a semi-coma? They had to restart his heart more than once. :worried:

No one I talk with thinks it's a hoax, but many feel it's just another virus we need to learn to live with. No one talks of the zoonotropic transmission
Yes, apart from here and the Plant Based News site I have Never seen any mention of the Zoonotropic transmission...
Oh, maybe on CNN I think that there is one ad on there that mentions it...

Reactions: Urban Gardener
That stuff about the hospitals getting paid for listing deaths as COVID was exactly what a conservative friend of mine told me. She also disputes how COVID deaths are reported when people have other conditions. She always claims it was the other conditions that killed them rather than the COVID. I mean, half the time they wouldn't have been in the hospital if not for COVID. I have a cousin who's a denier even though one of his sons just tested positive and is ill. They constantly have Fox "news" on. It's galling.

I have a conservative friend who’s 67, overweight, kind of a heavy drinker, and works with the public every day at his business. In NYC. He thinks it’s all a hoax. Part of me is concerned because he’s a fellow human and so I care, but he’s also responsible for his own choices . . .

We’re not especially close friends, but still.

I have another friend here who describes himself as an anarchist and also buys into the inflated numbers conspiracy theory. He’s in his 50’s or 60’s and very much anti-mask. At least he’s veg, so that’s working in his favor.

But it’s not just about these individuals - anti-maskers can spread the disease if they’re positive.

I feel really judgmental and angry at these people because of that. It’s so selfish. They’re endangering others.

Apparently the roll out is 2/3 months behind schedule and my neighbour's 93 yr old mum was advised that her 2 nd jab will be at the end of March. So that means that there is little hope of the + 65's to get a 1 st jab before mid/late summer.

I saw that Germany is interested in Russia's Sputnik vaccine as they are advising the +65's to get the Oxford AstraZeneca one.

That entails living another 5 months in partial lockdown.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
When my husband asked his manager about him getting the vaccine they said anyone over 50 would be first to get it so he will hopefully get it before the younger guys at his work.

I really imagine I will be at the back of queue due to my age, gender, health etc... :joy: I'm thinking probably September/October for me.

I can't hear the whining about the lockdown anymore.

"We need to protect the vulnerable groups, the people in the retirement homes! The rest is going to be fine!"

Yeah, right... if only one of these blatherers would come up with a glorious plan on exactly how that protection of the vulnerable groups can be achieved... I didn't stumble across this great plan so far. Maybe it's a big secret and everybody revealing it will be automatically shot immediately or something like that.

baby update: Pippa is doing wonderfully well and out of ICU into her own room (saw a picture of it and it is stunning with a place for mom and/or dad to sleep) - only now on oxygen and drinking mom's milk

family in mexico update: mom and oldest daughter are still not feeling great, symptoms are affecting them the most, all the rest are doing well

thank you again for uplifting them all!
💕

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

baby update: Pippa is doing wonderfully well and out of ICU into her own room (saw a picture of it and it is stunning with a place for mom and/or dad to sleep) - only now on oxygen and drinking mom's milk

family in mexico update: mom and oldest daughter are still not feeling great, symptoms are affecting them the most, all the rest are doing well

💕

Emma JC
Thanks for the update. Continuing the good wishes to all.

💕

Emma JC
:hug:

In fact I just read another woman I know online and her husband both got it today. They say the roll out is pretty impressive and it runs like clockwork. They must all be in an older age bracket. I know one woman is 69 years old.

Some people are saying they are feeling ill like they have a cold/flu afterwards. I get that with the normal flu jab most years. The pharmacist I saw last year said that was a good sign as it means it is working?

They all say it is the Astra Zeneca one they are getting.

Some people are saying they are feeling ill like they have a cold/flu afterwards. I get that with the normal flu jab most years.
I didn't experience anything like that. A few colleagues did, though.

But then again I never noticed any symptoms after other vaccinations except a bit of pain in the deltoid muscle.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
I didn't experience anything like that. A few colleagues did, though.

But then again I never noticed any symptoms after other vaccinations except a bit of pain in the deltoid muscle.
Yes, that is what they were saying. One woman reacted badly after and was shivering and flu-like but her husband was completely fine afterwards.

Someone on that forum was told by a nurse that the people who react badly are often people that have had the virus? I don't know if that is true. Do you?

Reactions: Emma JC
Oh, I just read that the people getting the vaccine are given a patient info leaflet and it said that the flu-like reaction is very common side effect, apparently. I'm only going by what they are telling me.

Reactions: Emma JC
I have no idea if that is true.

In our hospital the people who tested COVID positive and had symptoms during the last three months are not going to be vaccinated now because they have (tested) antibodies anyway.
A positive corona test is not a hindrance to getting the shot though (or the second shot if you got infected within the three week interval). If you have symptoms they don't vaccinate.

Yes, that is what they were saying. One woman reacted badly after and was shivering and flu-like but her husband was completely fine afterwards.

Someone on that forum was told by a nurse that the people who react badly are often people that have had the virus? I don't know if that is true. Do you?
The “rumor” I heard is, if you get a reaction after the first dose it probably means you had the virus prior...either knowingly or not. If you get the reaction after the second dose it’s more likely you did not have it and that is more common. I believe it’s a new theory. They don’t have any real evidence yet. I also heard the worse the reaction the better because it means you are building up more antibodies. Again, no definitive evidence. Just preliminary thoughts from the scientists and doctors.

I wish Connecticut would do over 65 like New York. I guess I moved at just the wrong time. Most of my friends have gotten or are scheduled to get the shot. 😟 At least if they did over 70 my husband could get it. He’s 72. But it’s still cut off at 75 here. I’ll be 69 in 11 days. Either way I don’t make the cut yet.

I wish Connecticut would do over 65 like New York. I guess I moved at just the wrong time. Most of my friends have gotten or are scheduled to get the shot. 😟 At least if they did over 70 my husband could get it. He’s 72. But it’s still cut off at 75 here. I’ll be 69 in 11 days. Either way I don’t make the cut yet.

I hope they make you eligible soon!

Cuomo keeps expanding who can be vaccinated. Now restaurant workers are eligible in some areas.

The problem here is that a lot of people are still in denial or reluctant to get vaccinated for other reasons, and it’s logistically hard to schedule appointments.

I just hope this will all be resolved soon. I’m so ready for a post-pandemic life.

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
In Florida anyone over 65 can get the vaccine as well as first responders and health care workers and I think those at very high risk. While I qualify for the over 65, it is a real hassle getting the shots. Appointments are very hard to get as they fill up so fast. It is like a full time job trying to book an appointment and I have a job I have to go to. I can't sit at the computer continually trying to book an appointment!

They are saying now that all the over 50s should have had (or been offered) the vaccine by mid May. I hope that means I might have my jab by June/July.

It would be nice to go away for a night at a hotel in the summer after we have both been vaccinated. :)