Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

My 13yo nephew has covid so my sister's whole household is quarantining and she isn't earning any income. She lives with my aunt and uncle who are both in their mid-60s so I really hope they don't catch it. My nephew is feeling a lot better these past few days though.

Well everyone's feeling better but they have a few more days of quarantine left. My 1yo nephew is the only other one who developed symptoms but there's a good chance they all got it. My sister applied for unemployment but got denied - so stupid they expect people to do the right thing and quarantine and give up two weeks' income at the same time :mad:

I don’t know if any of you are familiar with this family but they’re great.

Of course that is true. Parties everywhere! The "compliance police" were out in force in Orlando checking the bars. I haven't heard about any citations yet.

It’s sad because it probably won’t affect them as much as it affects more COVID-susceptible people who they’ll come in contact with.

Our local numbers are starting to decline. It’s really good. But I’m still taking all of the safety measures.

My company has divisions that are involved in the covid testing, so they're all now offering free testing, and encouraging up to participate.
I have little work at the moment so I got tested. It was the simple swirl in your nostril test
Sorta weird but now I feel anxious, despite having zero symptoms! :dismay:

A co worker lost his father to covid

Ugh...my cousin just texted. She’s on day five after her second dose of Moderna vaccine and she developed hives. Apparently this is not uncommon. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Now my other cousin, who got her second dose on Tuesday, woke up this morning with hives! Hers is just on the arm where she got the vaccine. The other cousin had it all over. I’m doomed. It must be in the genes lol.
They each got the different vaccine too. One got Moderna and the other Pfizer. 🤦🏻‍♀️
The first cousin is much better already, though, just 24 hours later. She got a steroid cream and is taking antihistamine.

Some places are forecasting fewer cases now. Credit goes to more people who have already had it and the vaccine rollout.

I heard that on the radio. Google sent me here. some bad news mixed in with the new