Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

great news on the baby Pippa front... she has been released from the hospital and is heading for home tomorrow - since she was flown into Toronto, my brother is driving down to pick up mom, dad and baby and so hopefully the snow and cold will not interfere and they will have a safe drive (8 hours each way)

thank you, once again, to everyone for their kind thoughts and prayers, it truly makes a difference!

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I am now wearing double masks when I go shopping. The various variants have arrived here in Southern Ontario and so, to be safe, I am wearing my cloth mask with a coffee filter in it and a blue surgical mask over top of that. No one looked at me strangely yesterday so hoping to be a good example. I did go into a $store yesterday and an older gentleman was working one of the cash registers with his mask on his chin, mouth and nose fully exposed, so dangerous and I was happy not to have been cashed out by him.

Double masks also help with the cold...

Emma JC

great news on the baby Pippa front... she has been released from the hospital and is heading for home tomorrow - since she was flown into Toronto, my brother is driving down to pick up mom, dad and baby and so hopefully the snow and cold will not interfere and they will have a safe drive (8 hours each way)

thank you, once again, to everyone for their kind thoughts and prayers, it truly makes a difference!

Emma JC
Really glad to hear that baby Pippa is doing So well!
How are your family in Mexico doing?

• Agree
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
We are on the level "very confused about the rules" now. We started on "ring 1" and "ring 2" with different rules with infection protection, and then we went over to A, B, C and D and even different rules within each of those from place to place. So I wonder if I live in Ring 1 C excalted in Pi or something now...

They are claiming we get more vaccines towards the summer again, but on the other hand some vaccines uses two weeks before they arrive to Norway until they are in someone's arm. They are even kept in a storage for five days before sent out to the hospitals etc. The vaccnination program here is so slow, so when they suddenly talks about "all adults being vaccniated before the summer", I don't hold the breath about that claim...

They talked about a short time that they wasn't sure if people under the magical age limit 45 years old should be vaccninated. So we should just run around infecting eachother, in and out of quarantines and isolation and just see how well we can handle the virus? I have no plans trying to see how my body handles it at all if I can avoid it...

Last edited:
We got indoor dining back. Live music is coming back. The restaurant curfew has been extended to 11pm. Cuomo says we’re doing well, and more vaccines will be available soon.

And now this:

He’s accused of deflating the COVID death toll from last spring.

And it seems like he’s downplaying the current numbers too.

In the US, the death toll is approaching half a million. It will probably cross that line this week.

John Oliver: The next pandemic

Warning: adult laugauage
and possible copyright infringement.

watch on HBO If you got it or YouTube for the rest of us.
-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v-U3K1sw9U&feature=emb_logo

Reactions: PTree15 and Sax
John Oliver: The next pandemic

Warning: adult laugauage
and possible copyright infringement.

watch on HBO If you got it or YouTube for the rest of us.
-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v-U3K1sw9U&feature=emb_logo

I was just coming to post about that. Following your link shows it's the #1 trending video on YouTube right now :pinkelephant:

Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
I was just coming to post about that. Following your link shows it's the #1 trending video on YouTube right now :pinkelephant:
Sax, If you still are looking for podcasts, I just finished Vox Future Perfect. I think it was season two. all about pandemics and factory farms.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and Sax
Ah yes, the "all should work on the COVID ward" song has its revival because obviously the British variant has arrived and we need a second isolation ward and blahblahblah... anyway, I'm in home office tomorrow.

Oh, and we have mandatory daily tests now. Oh, and the already vaccinated staff should be doing these shifts on the wards, doesn't matter what departments they're usually working in - that's a really surefire way to ensure that less people want to get vaccinated.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and 1956
The US now has more than half a million deaths on record:

I wonder how this will compare to the estimated death toll when everything else is factored in - people who were never tested because tests weren’t available yet, indirect deaths, cover-ups in nursing homes (a few have been documented so far), etc.

• Sad
Reactions: Emma JC
How's everyone doing? Infection rates are on the raise again in our county. I wonder what this county is doing so much worse than others??

I got my shot today!
Just the first one. I have to wait till they contact me about the second.

The whole thing was very well organized and required very little waiting around. If anything they were overstaffed.

In my county, state and nation all the infection rates and death counts are on their way down. Still higher than they were in the summer but at least we seem to be going in the right direction.

Ok, I don't know how long the waiting time between shots is with this vaccine. I got the one that requires a three week interval.