The Everything Christmas Thread 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen this a few times. I really like it. I love Teri Polo.

I've never see or heard of her. She reminds me of Helen ? that starred in Castaway. I really like the story ( and cried some of the time !) and wondered how people would really react to this situation in real life ?

Last edited:
Helen Hunt...love her, too.

For any of you who love the aroma of Christmas spices, do bake a Christmas cake.:p
Sometimes I just simmer spices on the stove so The aroma can waft through the house. Less work and less calories. But less fun. [emoji30] lol.

Reactions: Freesia
Sometimes I just simmer spices on the stove so The aroma can waft through the house. Less work and less calories. But less fun. [emoji30] lol.

Yes, I also do that but it is not the same thing.:p

Serving Christmas cake to visitors is a tradition over here, as it keeps for several weeks in a cake tin.;)

BBC - Food - Recipes : Christmas cake

Reactions: ledboots
That looks really nice.
I keep saying I want to make one of those pudding/cakes that you're supposed to make way in advance but I always remember too late!

ETA: like this!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449916086.715188.jpg

Reactions: PTree15
That looks really nice.
I keep saying I want to make one of those pudding/cakes that you're supposed to make way in advance but I always remember too late!

ETA: like this!
View attachment 8209

I'm planning on making one. You can make it a day before if you like. On Christmas day, you steam it for at least 1 hour 1/2 before serving. I really like Christmas pudding.

Reactions: KLS52
I love the holiday window displays in Manhattan. This is one of Lord and Taylor's windows this year. :)
03afab0e91c9ab6a0daf6b7d83346c46.jpg

"Lord & Taylor holiday windows

Singer-songwriter Austin Mahone helps reveal this year’s holiday display, performing during an opening event that celebrates and supports the store’s new partnership with Habitat for Humanity New York City. This is the 78th year that the Fifth Avenue retailer has created animated displays that, as it says, are the store’s gift back to the city it calls home.

November 12–January 6"

Reactions: PTree15 and Freesia
Status
Not open for further replies.