The Everything Christmas Thread 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moll Flanders

I've already mentioned this but I've ordered the wrapping paper and I was thinking about booking my tree delivery. There is a service where people come to your home with the tree and then decorate the tree for you but I think it was quite expensive.

Vegan Christmas - Vegan Advent Calendars

:angel:

Reactions: KLS52

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
M

Moll Flanders

Some of the vegan advent calendars got poor reviews on Amazon. I did see this dark chocolate one from Hotel Chocolat.
Dark Chocolate Advent Calendar from Hotel Chocolat

Andy_T

Little green mod
Staff member
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Oh yeah, Christmas calendars ...

I normally got the "Lego Star Wars" calendars for my kids in the last years.

KLS52

Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I have purchased a few gifts. I am happy that I made a start. I used to always be done by Thanksgiving. Not sure I'm interested in reaching that goal at this point. I will most likely save a few easy items as I like to be in the stores, closer to the holiday, to experience the hustle and bustle...of everyone else, hahaha.

ledboots

Peace
Reaction score
I have purchased a few gifts. I am happy that I made a start. I used to always be done by Thanksgiving. Not sure I'm interested in reaching that goal at this point. I will most likely save a few easy items as I like to be in the stores, closer to the holiday, to experience the hustle and bustle...of everyone else, hahaha.
I don't buy much stuff, I usually give food things. The things I do buy are near Christmas time because I cannot wait to give a present once I buy it for someone!

Chryssie

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
I don't really do that much shopping anymore. My grand kids are getting too old to buy stuff for so I am just getting them the calendars I always buy and TJ Maxx gift cards. I can't believe it is already that time of year! It sure doesn't feel like it when the temperature is around 90 degrees!

KLS52

Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I have two older grandchildren in California. I used to love shopping for them and shipping a nice big box. They get gift cards now.

Josh and Lydia are still fun to buy for. Then I have my sister in law, who has lived alone for years. We like to buy a few things and exchange with her. She does brunch a day or two after Christmas. It's become a fun tradition.

Tom L.

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Strict vegetarian
I just saw my first Salvation Army bell-ringer this morning. Isn't it a little early for that?

ETA: I'm 4% Scrooge too!!! I thought I'd be closer to the middle, and there were questions about Christmas songs or specials I couldn't answer honestly because I wasn't familiar with all the choices (e.g., I like "Do They Know It's Christmas" but wasn't familiar with the others).

And I do think that time of year is WAY too commercialized: I would MUCH MUCH MUCH rather just spend time with people I care about than have them get me a present I neither need nor even want, or do the same myself.

EDITED TO ADD AGAIN: I answered several questions differently this time- Father Christmas is a ridiculous lie; all Christmas Day TV is rubbish- not exactly my opinion, but I don't even have a functioning TV by choice, and the notion of one man flying around the whole world in one night delivering presents is silly when you think about it- but still got the same result: 4% Scrooge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.