US I cant stay vegan anymore

As others have said, you are still vegan, because that is what is in your heart.
The situation with your mother is not something you can change. I'm sure she has her own secret hurts, worries, and is just not ready or able to understand some things right now. You will not help anything by trying to change what cannot be changed. A better choice may be to focus your energy on what you can do--like figuring out how you can perhaps support yourself when you finish school, so you can make more of your own choices.
In the meantime, and always, you can find friends here (and hopefully other places, like your grandma, or maybe school-mates) to give you strength to get through this.
It sounds like there is a lot of hostility in your culture to vegetarianism and veganism, so I wonder if common supplements like B vitamins and especially B12 are even available there.
I am cheering you on, and I hope you know that whatever you do you always have support here.

Last edited:
I wish I'd have went plant-based many years ago, but instead I focused too much on what others said and did. Do what's right for you.

Reactions: Emma JC
My dear friend I feel for your pain ! I understand your feelings and situation as I am in a very similar one ( see my post ), I can only send you love and patience because i know this is a very difficult issues 🙏🏻💜 If you want to talk and ease your mind my messages are open. I am also suffering abuse from my family and can't move out

• Friendly
Reactions: Brian W and Clairey
20221213_133700.jpgThese are my pet rabbits. I thought they might bring some happiness.
I was thinking your mother might have always eaten farm produce without giving it any thought so it might be making her bad tempered.
Maybe if you ask her if you can cook a bean stew recipe and live on it she might allow it.
At least maybe if you live on that your mother will not have to go out of her way too much for the 'picky eater'.
Take care

Oh, Dear!

I'm dreadfully late in answering this, I'm sure it won't even come up on your thread, if you're even still on this board, but is there any way you can convince your mother that you are actually a person and not 'just' a kid?

I was blessed to have a mother who supported my decision from the age of 12 or so, she was sure I could be veggie and healthy, but still checked with the doctor to make sure I had adequate nutrition, beyond just the protein, and cooked my food separately. I would have been happy to cook my own too, but my biological father, who would never have let me go veggie tried to force me to eat meat. I simply would not allow it.

He was also an abusive person, but did not get physically abusive over this. It really is important that you keep yourself safe, but I hope you can convince her that your beliefs are valid and matter.

Sometimes, people get upset with us because they don't understand us. Sometimes, it's because they do..

I hope things are better now. 🫤