The Everything Christmas Thread 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not doing anything for New Year's eve, I haven't done anything for years in fact. I used to spend loads of money going out as even pubs and bars over here charge to let people in over on New Year's eve and the taxis are double fare too.

I have the post Christmas blues. :(

You need to visit one of these places.

I would love to live on street called Jingle Bell or Candy Cane Lane. :)
Santa Claus, Indiana
Santa Claus, IN, is a whole town dedicated to the Christmas spirit. What started as a name has become a way of life for this small Indiana town. Here, all the streets have Christmas-themed names, like Prancer Dr., Chestnuts Roasting by the Open Fire St., and Jingle Bell and Candy Cane lanes. Likewise, all the shops and businesses have Christmas-themed names.

Perhaps the most notable place in this small town is the Post Office, which has a unique picture postmark only found here. Some lost letters to Santa even get directed to this Saint Nick namesake -- and the very diligent town residents take the time to answer this lost mail, preserving the name of the town and the jolly old man.
http://santaclausin.com/

Paradise, Pennsylvania
The National Christmas Center is the only Christmas museum in the entire world. Owner Jim Morrison unwrapped the museum in 1998 with just 3 exhibits. Today the museum overflows with hundreds of thousands of Christmas items, some more than 200 years old.

The center features 14 yuletide fantasy worlds, where visitors can meander through a life-size retelling of the The Christmas Story, followed by Tudor Towne, a whimsical village full of cuddly Christmas creatures. Make sure to stop at the North Pole for a dazzling display of Santa's workshop filled with animatronics.

Christmas season is also shopping season, and the National Christmas Center pays homage to the ghost of Christmas-shopping past with a Woolworth exhibit. Step back in time and see what it was like when Christmas shopping happened offline at the local 5 and dime.
http://www.nationalchristmascenter.com/

I wasn't all gung ho on Christmas this year, but I'm still going to keep my tree up for awhile. I don't understand the people that pack up all their Christmas stuff the day after Christmas.

Reactions: KLS52
Me either. I'm keeping my decorations up for a while and still listening to Christmas music. It also helps that I'll be celebrating Christmas with the SIL on Sunday. More presents! Yay! lol

I wasn't all gung ho on Christmas this year, but I'm still going to keep my tree up for awhile. I don't understand the people that pack up all their Christmas stuff the day after Christmas.
I have a friend on Christmas evening messaged me and said she put away her Christmas stuff, I told her that the 12 days of Christmas is starting , that is why I keep mine up well into the third weekend of jan.

:(
I'm not doing anything for New Year's eve, I haven't done anything for years in fact. I used to spend loads of money going out as even pubs and bars over here charge to let people in over on New Year's eve and the taxis are double fare too.

Same thing over here.
If you want to go out to a restaurant, bar etc; they charge more. Anyway, most people
don't seem to enjoy what they did for NY'E and complain the following day.

Reactions: ledboots
My mom always says that everything had to be taken down by January 6 th. I'm not sure of the reason for this date and don't comply, but she is pretty superstitious, and this apparently has dire consequences if not followed. :p

And we keep having desserts for awhile, which is not usually the norm for us.

I don't do NYE anymore. I think it would be nice to have a New Year's Day family celebration but by then, everyone is Christmased out and can't be bothered. If I had that to look forward to maybe Christmas Day wouldn't feel like the "end"...I could postpone it to New Year's Day. :)

New Year's Eve in Korb, Germany.

th

Reactions: KLS52 and ledboots
Some more New Years celebrations.

Sydney Harbour , Sydney, Australia.
0003765725.jpg

Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Bc2JjtBCIAA-c5V.jpg

London.
ss-131231-new-years-london-tease-905p.photoblog600.jpg

Reactions: ledboots
Wow...all so pretty!

I threw away the one left-over roast potato from Christmas day today. I think this is the end. :sob:

Nooooooooo! :(

My little tree and decorations are still up. I will persevere! And the FB page, Believe in the Magic of Christmas, is still going strong. I am continuing to follow them. I'm worried they might be some kind of cult, lol. It's kind of weird.

Reactions: thefadedone
Nope...thread's not dying yet! :D

I think I figured out why Christmas seemed a little blah for me this year. I couldn't find my favorite Christmas music CD's all during the season. Of course, now that it's over, I found two of them and started to play them in my car. And it made me realize that I hadn't heard some of my favorite songs throughout the whole season. So I decided, that's it.

I did finally take down the blatant decorations...you know, the ones that scream CHRISTMAS!! But I'm leaving up my tiny white tree that sits above the tv because it can be a winter decoration, not just a Christmas decoration. And my little white lights around the wood burning stove. And the single line of lighted snowflakes hanging in the window. Yep. Keeping those for a while longer. :)

:D
Nope...thread's not dying yet! :D

I think I figured out why Christmas seemed a little blah for me this year. I couldn't find my favorite Christmas music CD's all during the season. Of course, now that it's over, I found two of them and started to play them in my car. And it made me realize that I hadn't heard some of my favorite songs throughout the whole season. So I decided, that's it.

I did finally take down the blatant decorations...you know, the ones that scream CHRISTMAS!! But I'm leaving up my tiny white tree that sits above the tv because it can be a winter decoration, not just a Christmas decoration. And my little white lights around the wood burning stove. And the single line of lighted snowflakes hanging in the window. Yep. Keeping those for a while longer. :)

I thought that you were posting something about Christimas 2014 !

Reactions: KLS52
Status
Not open for further replies.