The Companion Animal Gripe/Annoying Things Thread

Bratt is being a brat. It seems everytime I stay strict with his diet, he gets super cranky. I mean, I get it. Dieting is not fun. But he intentionally does things he’s knows is bad. They say animals do not show spite, but I think they are wrong. Maybe it’s not spite in the real sense of the word but he knows certain things will get my attention, even if it’s just to redirect his bad behavior to something else. It has the same affect…it ticks me off lol.

He’s also urinating outside of the box every 3/4 weeks. It’s ridiculous that I had to put a litter box in the bathtub because he was peeing in there a few times a week. I actually didn’t hate that. It was so easy to clean. But inappropriate nonetheless.

Now he’s doing it by the front door. Three times in two months. I know something is bothering him but I’ve exhausted all avenues of trying to figure it out. It’s definitely behavioral. I spent $400 at the vet making sure he was ok.

I think it boils down to food again. He’s mad that Stella had the chip feeder and he doesn’t. He has learned how to “break into” it and has done it several times. It’s getting to the point that I can’t leave it out for Stella to free feed. I have to remove it immediately after mealtime and wait until Bratt goes to take a nap. Then she has a couple of hours to take her two bites, here and there, before he gets hungry and decides to try to get into it again if there’s anything left at that point.

I’m convinced if I just let him eat himself to death that he would be the perfect cat. If I don’t get my health issue sorted out it may come to that. I’m losing my resolve to keep his weight in check.

Why do they steal my seat every time I get up for even just a minute? It’s like they hide and stalk me, waiting for me to get up. I brought the rocking chair into the bedroom so I could watch tv in there. So far I got to sit in it twice. 😡

Why do they steal my seat every time I get up for even just a minute? It’s like they hide and stalk me, waiting for me to get up. I brought the rocking chair into the bedroom so I could watch tv in there. So far I got to sit in it twice. 😡
That's because it has your scent in it. They love you so they also love your scent. :)

• Love
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
We need a human companion gripe thread. I can think of lots of gripes that our animal companions might have:

01. We remove sent markings.
02. We do not comply with daily health checkups.
03. We bathe way too frequently.
04. We do not appreciate the hard work that they put into redecorating our homes.
05. We never thank them for babysitting and entertaining the kids.

@ Silvia - Do you have a pic of Princess Sophie getting her beauty sleep?

I know that seems like a silly request. But, I like those types of pics.

• Agree
Reactions: KLS52