The coffee Lovers thread

It’s a beauty. I can’t afford to have anything that will make coffee taste any better than it does when I make it because I already can’t drink anything but my own, lol.

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
Indian Filter Coffee: Basically a coffee lover => Filtered coffee + Milk + Sugar => Day cannot start without it
Butter Coffee: After being few months on Keto => Instant coffee (medium roasted) + 25/30gms Butter =>WoW!! that used to be my breakfast..and I used to love the taste of it, given a choice I love to go back to this one
Starbucks Latte: Whenever I cross a starbucks, try to grab a Latte + with cream
At present => Filtered coffee + very few grams of Milk + Palm Jaggery (Palm Sugar?) in the mornings.
Black Coffee => When there is no milk/cream ....love to enjoy a large cup of Black Coffee!!

Well, Coffee does not seem to leave me forever and me too. Hope you liked reading my love for coffee

@BlueSpider wow, I would say you are a true coffee lover as you can enjoy it in many different forms, including black. I’ve always wanted to be a black coffee drinker but I can’t tolerate the taste. I think maybe I’m a Silk creamer/sugar lover who likes a moderate amount of dark roasted coffee added. 😁

Reactions: BlueSpider
I never liked starbucks...it always had a burnt taste to me. But I do like an occasional cold specialty drink from there, usually during the summer. I will buy their ground decaf Verona or Sumatra, when it’s on sale/SO, to mix with the ground espresso for my pour over. I really like the taste of the blend.

• Informative
Which reminds me...I am out is decaf espresso! They had none in my grocery pick nor did they have any at the alternate store I went into the other day. I can’t believe I have to order coffee from amazon. 🤦‍♀️

• Friendly
I honestly wouldn't know a good cup of coffee from a bad one.

The woman YouTuber I was watching yesterday said she sometimes just sprinkles pumpkin pie spice on her coffee if she is feeling lazy and it's gives it a really nice taste.

• Informative
I honestly wouldn't know a good cup of coffee from a bad one.

The woman YouTuber I was watching yesterday said she sometimes just sprinkles pumpkin pie spice on her coffee if she is feeling lazy and it's gives it a really nice taste.
I did that yesterday. It does taste nice. Smells good too.

Reactions: Raven
I just hate spicy tastes with coffee. I was trying to eat sweet potatoes for breakfast once, but I only them with hot sauce. Ruined my breakfast coffee!
Can't understand why mocha isn't more popular. I'll sometimes pop some really high % dark chocolate-like Aldi Moser Roth 85% dark- in hot plain coffee

I might buy a small jar of instant coffee today. I am really craving the taste. :D I know people on here probably don't approve of instant.

• Agree
I might buy a small jar of instant coffee today. I am really craving the taste. :D I know people on here probably don't approve of instant.
There was a time when I would only drink instant. I thought it had a really nice, smooth taste. I haven’t had it in a while… Several years in fact. I was actually thinking of buying a small jar because I wanted to add the crystals to other things, for a coffee flavor.
Is it the coffee itself that bothers you or the caffeine? Would you consider decaffeinated? Or do you want it for the pick me up? There are a couple of coffee alternatives out there that are not bad, especially if you can tolerate instant coffee.

It gives me migraines. I think it is the coffee itself, not the caffeine. I would probably be okay with a couple of cups a week.

• Agree
Reactions: KLS52 and shyvas
Sad to not see Peets coffee on the USA list. Don’t remember if they are only in California. Great company and Delicious coffee.
Even though it is not “politically correct“ I admit that I really do love Starbucks coffee - even their decaf coffee is good!
Not a fan of Costa coffee to me their coffee tastes strange...
I like my coffee strong and rich...
In my younger days I could drink lots of it, now it makes me Too jittery so I mostly stick to decaf...

• Agree
Reactions: KLS52
Sad to not see Peets coffee on the USA list. Don’t remember if they are only in California. Great company and Delicious coffee.
Even though it is not “politically correct“ I admit that I really do love Starbucks coffee - even their decaf coffee is good!
Not a fan of Costa coffee to me their coffee tastes strange...
I like my coffee strong and rich...
In my younger days I could drink lots of it, now it makes me Too jittery so I mostly stick to decaf...

I think that Peets is a brand and not a coffee chain where they serve the actual beverage.

I think that Peets is a brand and not a coffee chain where they serve the actual beverage.

Ooops : ;) 'This original Peet’s Coffee was opened on April 1st, 1966 by Mr. Alfred Peet, a Dutchman who moved to America after World War II. When he came to this country, he was shocked by the low-level coffee that US citizens consumed, and he decided that the only way he would be able to drink good coffee is if he made it himself. This European-style coffee, which Peet introduced to the Bay Area and eventually the US, was something that Americans had never tasted before. The superior, fresh beans were made in small batches and dark roasted to create a complex, smooth, and rich coffee.''

The Original Peet's Coffee & Tea, Berkeley, California

Reactions: 1956 and KLS52