The coffee Lovers thread

Haha, I like my coffee black as well. :D I do prefer the darker roasts, but as long as it has some flavor, I'm happy.

Reactions: Val
I love dark roasts, with the exception of French, for some reason. Peet’s Major Dickason’s is my favorite. Then any kind of Espresso.

Reactions: Val and PTree15
I'm pretty happy to be able to grind my own beans! Aldi has three different whole bean, fair trade coffees and one I loved, one I really disliked. I think I liked Peru- they also have Guatamala and Honduras. I kinda feel like I'm wrong though :???:
Anyone know a water processed decaf? Is it uncommon?

Wow, that was a lot to take in. I’ll have to read it again when it’s not 2:30 in the morning lol.

It is a very interesting read. I know what you mean about reading at 2 am as I also find it difficult to read and understand things when I'm half asleep.:hug:

It was fascinating, though. And it made me feel like I’ve been drinking bad coffee all this time, lol. I love the descriptive words they use and I think I’m only really familiar with the basic, smooth, burnt and bitter.

It was fascinating, though. And it made me feel like I’ve been drinking bad coffee all this time, lol. I love the descriptive words they use and I think I’m only really familiar with the basic, smooth, burnt and bitter.

Same here. You can tell that it is written by an expert.

I have never had a good cup of coffee at anyone's home. I have had a decent one in certain cafés but the one of the best cups is at home because I make it to my taste. Italian coffee is really good - strong espresso which is not bitter but has a smooth
deep taste and is slightly sweet.

I only like espresso or French press (Bodum style) and it has to have milk/cream plus sweetener. I absolutely loathe weak or bitter coffee. I don't like the Seattle roast as it tastes burnt and not roasted.

I always buy coffee from central America or when possible Hawaii. We don't get Blue Mountain coffee over here which is one of my favourites.

Last edited:
Reactions: KLS52

Coffee from Central America is both acid and fruity. How coffee is roasted is also very important as over roasting results in bitter coffee.

From the article: “Is the coffee sweet like caramel or maple syrup? You'll find this is often true of Colombian coffee.“

Columbian used to be my favorite before I started getting into the darker roasts. The Columbian I’ve had are usually medium roasts. I can still enjoy it if I make it extra strong.

From the article: “Is the coffee sweet like caramel or maple syrup? You'll find this is often true of Colombian coffee.“

Columbian used to be my favorite before I started getting into the darker roasts. The Columbian I’ve had are usually medium roasts. I can still enjoy it if I make it extra strong.

I find Colombian to be good quality but doesn't have that fruity, dense and nutty flavour that I like.

Last edited:
Wow, what a question. It really depends on my mood....
My favorite ways of drinking coffee are regularly brewed in a coffee machine, french press, or more recently in Vietnamese coffee maker (makes the coffee so smooth it's unbelievable) Then I add a dash of cinnamon and a bit of soy, or coconut milk/cream.

I'm pretty happy to be able to grind my own beans! Aldi has three different whole bean, fair trade coffees and one I loved, one I really disliked. I think I liked Peru- they also have Guatamala and Honduras. I kinda feel like I'm wrong though :???:
Anyone know a water processed decaf? Is it uncommon?
I had it wrong-- I dislike the Peru. I now remember because of many times I'd forgotten and bought it again. My son drank it, and I would mix it, but he didn't care for it either. It;s been a while and I don;t recall enough to say why.
If you look up reviews for Aldi fair trade whole bean blends, Peru is the one that is reviewed favorably, the others seem ignored.
I like the Honduras- that one definitely has fruity notes, and while I like it, it isn;t one I buy

I'm so hoping Aldi brings back their Best Friends blend! Of all the coffees I've ever had that was the winner. My sons' favorite too!
It was a special this time last year, and I bought several bags. If it comes back I;ll stock up from both stores!
I've tried to find the supplier, but no leads at all!
1587908279866.png

Reactions: PTree15
I'd really like this espresso/grinder machine. However, I couldn't imagine spending such a huge price on a espresso maker.

1601891901669.png