The coffee Lovers thread

I like coffee with sweetener; I generally use Truvia or "real sugar." I enjoy flavored coffees and lattes and frozen coffee drinks as well but not just plain iced coffee. I can't afford Starbucks so I make my own concoction of frozen coffee blended with frozen chocolate flavored almond milk. Target has the flavored syrups so I have so far tried the peppermint. I don't use "creamers". I usually only have one large cup in the morning. I have been known to drink more but I do not like the "caffeine buzz" so I try to limit myself a bit.

So do I, but stupidly I drink them from time to time anyway.

Same. (tea is not so bad for me). I used to handle caffeine better and even worked as a barista for a while. Loved black coffee with sugar and a shot of espresso. I can not do that now. It is a rare occasion I have coffee now. I have been putting a tiny bit of cinnamon in my coffee grounds before brewing since I was like 16. I do not remember who showed me that, but it is quite tasty.

Reactions: Freesia
What is an americano?

An espresso in a normal sized cup thats been topped up with hot water. Apparenlty the name comes becuase Americans in the war couldnt cope with espressos so watered them down, or something similar.

I looveeee coffee. Ive never tried it white (was vegan by the time i started drinking coffee) only black and never really hard the urge to waste a good coffee by trying soy or something in it. I drink black americanos by choice, but if its nasty coffee (ie the free stuff at work) ill add sweetener to make it drinkable. I hate powdered coffee, by the time I put in enough coffee powder to make it strong enough it makes my mouth all powdery and dry. A bit of brown sugar usually sorts that though : D

I discovered recently my aunts boyfriend has one of those nespresso things. It was so nifty. Im not sure theyre worth shelling out for though!

I love syrups in it too, but dont tend to do that. My favourite was the Starbuck's cherry one but it was discontinued a few years ago.

Argh i want coffee now. Its gone 10.30pm so probably not a good idea!

Reactions: Andy_T
My husband once worked in a library with these two great Cuban ladies. They made great coffee, and he would fill up his big old mug all day. His sudden insomnia was traced to his drinking humongous cups of what was *not* Americano, it was Cuban espresso. :D

Reactions: Andy_T
Has anyone ever had Turkish coffee? Someone at work mentioned wanting to try it. I did a google search and I admit I am intrigued. I love the idea of boiling it together with sweetener then not stirring it so that the grinds settle...not sure why that would be so appealing to me, lol.

Anyway, I have some in my Amazon cart. I'm pretty sure by this time, next week, I'll be reporting back on whether or not I like it. :D

Our Turkish neighbours made us Turkish coffee before, it was quite nice. Strong and sweet, normally I don't like sweet coffee, but this was nice. My fiance, who prefers milk in his coffee, wasn't so keen.

Reactions: KLS52
Does anybody know if non-senseo coffee pods will fit a senseo machine, and if so which ones or could any?

I initially bought a pack of 120 from amazon before realising I was now buying non-fairtrade coffee. I've looked online and found some fairtrade coffee pods, but no idea if they'll fit my machine :confused:

I'm thinking any of the other brands would fit. I have one in my cart now...my friend likes vanilla and Senseo only sells it in multi packs. I dont want to go that route until i see how they work/taste.This will be my first time trying a non Senseo brand. I usually buy it off the Senseo website.

I have the Coffee duck which allows us to use regular grinds as well. Usually we do a scoop of grinds and one pod for a double cup. That way the pods last longer and saves some money. I tried doing all grinds but never managed to get a decent tasting cup of coffee...not sure why.

I'll let you know how the other pods work.

Reactions: SummerRain
Black, no sugar. First cup of the morning down, second cup on it's way!

images

Has anyone ever had Turkish coffee? Someone at work mentioned wanting to try it. I did a google search and I admit I am intrigued. I love the idea of boiling it together with sweetener then not stirring it so that the grinds settle...not sure why that would be so appealing to me, lol.

Anyway, I have some in my Amazon cart. I'm pretty sure by this time, next week, I'll be reporting back on whether or not I like it. :D

Oh, Karen, did you ever order and try the Turkish coffee? If so, what did you think of it?

I did and it was awful! :( I'm sure it had something to do with the way I was making it. I tried several times and each time it was bad.

I love the ice blended coffee drinks and ice coffee with vanilla almond milk. I like the flavor of brewed coffee, but don't really crave it so I rarely drink it. I sometimes make what I call mocha milk, a glass of vanilla almond milk with a spoonful of instant coffee. :)

Reactions: thefadedone