The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(April 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 20334

Sometimes, even I can look good. :p

Got my first set of face masks today. :)
Very nice!
I'm going to make one, hopefully more if it goes well! I really like the material!
The ones I've seen for sale have mostly either looked like the pastel hospital blues, or large patterns that don't lend themselve to the small size!
I have some bandanas I never wear to use. I;ll try the pleated patterns, and use a paper filter inside.
Should be a help against pollen-could be a good thing!

Very nice!
I'm going to make one, hopefully more if it goes well! I really like the material!
The ones I've seen for sale have mostly either looked like the pastel hospital blues, or large patterns that don't lend themselve to the small size!
I have some bandanas I never wear to use. I;ll try the pleated patterns, and use a paper filter inside.
Should be a help against pollen-could be a good thing!

I have some on the way with filter, this one haven't but are thick. So planning to use on work after this to avoid breathing in too much smoke from heroin and pot.

But better than nothing when you get close too people...

Wanted to share this, i don't know why. This is the video of installation of commemorative plaque on the place where 3 yrs ago 14 people died due to the terroristic attack. (This is SPb subway, "Technological institute" station). It's written on the plaque: "In loving memory of the victims of the terroristic attack on Apr.3rd, 2017". I was lucky then and didn't get hurt (though i could have), because it was my day off and i stayed at home.
Video:

About the attack:

Wanted to share this, i don't know why. This is the video of installation of commemorative plaque on the place where 3 yrs ago 14 people died due to the terroristic attack. (This is SPb subway, "Technological institute" station). It's written on the plaque: "In loving memory of the victims of the terroristic attack on Apr.3rd, 2017". I was lucky then and didn't get hurt (though i could have), because it was my day off and i stayed at home.
Video:

About the attack:

That doesn't seem like three years ago.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
Morning/afternoon y'all! Another beautiful day today! I got out early to the Dollar General in my quest for tp. There was none. :( The manager said the truck didn't show up yesterday. My next door neighbor got some at the "big" Walmart at 7 AM. Ugh I will have to get up early!

Just to say, on the hair cutting, I have used the dog's fur thinning ones (like scissors with teeth) for my fringe. It doesn't matter then if it's not straight, 'cos you are going for a 'textured effect'! It could be a thing, 'quarantine hair'....;)

I was just wondering when we will start to see men looking like Tom Hanks in Castaway ? :dizzy: :D

I bought some scissors from Boots ages ago, and cut my own hair. I usually cut the fringe and the front. I sometimes get someone else to trim behind. Honestly, it's not very difficult to cut hair unless you want some kind of special, stylish cut. :)

Since the lockdown I’ve been watching mass on live stream on my phone. Today is Palm Sunday and I’m going to watch from Church of the Immaculate Conception - Bicester, Archdiocese of Birmingham, UK. I’m so excited lol. I love everything U.K. for some reason. I always have.

Palm Sunday is always such a long mass. But it’s been really nice watching from home. I love the quietness and no people. I know it’s supposed to be about community but I love quiet private prayer. I get more out of it. I actually preferred when the mass was in Latin and there was less participation.

Since the lockdown I’ve been watching mass on live stream on my phone. Today is Palm Sunday and I’m going to watch from Church of the Immaculate Conception - Bicester, Archdiocese of Birmingham, UK. I’m so excited lol. I love everything U.K. for some reason. I always have.

Palm Sunday is always such a long mass. But it’s been really nice watching from home. I love the quietness and no people. I know it’s supposed to be about community but I love quiet private prayer. I get more out of it. I actually preferred when the mass was in Latin and there was less participation.

I kind of miss going to church at times. My psychologist tried to book an appointment for next Friday and then said she couldn't because it was Good Friday. I am completely losing track of what day it is or anything.

I had over 60 books on my kindle before this staying in started and now I have 53. I did delete a couple, though. I don't know why I constantly hoard books and never read them because I buy new ones to read instead. Stupid habit! But at least that means I have a lot of time to read now. :grinning:

We got a pizza delivery last night. I just had baked beans on toast and a slice of cold pizza for breakfast.:)

I tend to buy books for my kindle and never read them. I buy them for just such circumstances as we are in today but turns out, I’m still not reading them, lol. So there goes that theory. I guess I can stop buying them. 😁

But in all fairness to me, I don’t think I brought the kindle with me. I think I packed it...so it’s another thing that I end up needing but it’s in Sabrina’s basement with all of my other “treasures”.

The mass was awesome! :)
Only 36 minutes...the shortest Palm Sunday service ever, lol. :)
It was so nice sitting here in the quiet...the boys aren’t up yet. I had Bratt on my lap. He was watching for awhile, too, lol. He loves videos. I think it’s from when he broke his leg and I used to play the cat-sitter dvds for him while he was cooped up in the cage recovering.

I tend to buy books for my kindle and never read them. I buy them for just such circumstances as we are in today but turns out, I’m still not reading them, lol. So there goes that theory. I guess I can stop buying them. 😁

But in all fairness to me, I don’t think I brought the kindle with me. I think I packed it...so it’s another thing that I end up needing but it’s in Sabrina’s basement with all of my other “treasures”.
I read this message, and it came to my mind: if you stop hoarding books once,- you still can hoard magazines (absolutely for free!).
I mentioned this site once, but i thought i have to post the link again. Because this site represents ALL existing magazines in English, all subjects (from, pardon me, politics, to vegan lifestyle and cooking, from classical music news and astronomy to travel and design, etc. etc). This is interesting, that here you can find those (future) issues that are not printed yet (like May and June issues).
You'll have to google ebook3000.biz
Examples:
Screenshot_2020-04-05-15-21-28-710_com.yandex.browser.jpg

Screenshot_2020-04-05-15-21-56-303_com.yandex.browser.jpg

Screenshot_2020-04-05-15-25-43-286_com.yandex.browser.jpg

Screenshot_2020-04-05-15-26-41-695_com.yandex.browser.jpg

Screenshot_2020-04-05-15-28-00-302_com.yandex.browser.jpgScreenshot_2020-04-05-15-34-15-175_com.yandex.browser.jpg

Morning/afternoon y'all! It is raining a little here today and is much needed! I scored toilet paper and paper towels at the Dollar General as soon as they opened this morning. Limit of one but at least now I have some. I called to ask if they had any first. I also got a few more things since I was there. I will wait to brave Publix until later in the week. I will see if they have paper products in stock and get some more if they do.
I have so many books on Kindle! I joined Book Bub and downloaded a bunch of free ones. I prefer reading a "real" book though.

Day 3 of my sourdough starter. It looks lovely. I freaked out all day because I was scared I could not find unbleached flour. I did not find it at the first store and lines to long at the second. We went home. I was upset. I saw online that another store had it and hubby went out and got it for me. I have never tried this before. I am excited.

Hello everyone. :apple: This is Unghshu speaking.🐨 I hope you've had a nice weekend. :smitten:
I'm sleeping more and more every day (maybe because exacerbated COPD is still torturing me, - maybe because i got tired during the school year and now my blocky carcass wants me to pay attention to its needs... who knows...). I'm trying to have a long walk every day, so my guts can wake up and start working,- apparently, it's essential for me; my skeleton and muscles need some movement too. So i made up a nice route around neighbourhood communities. If i walk normally (with quick steps),- it takes me about 1.5 hrs (perhaps a little more) to finish the circle and come back home (because i'm making a decent circle around the place).
A little off topic, but i feel that i don't need any additional pills for digestion anymore! I'm convinced that it's all due to long sleep that i'm getting (i'm telling you: very soon i'll turn into a koala completely).😁
Empty streets of my community this evening:
IMG_20200405_234242.jpg

A bird house:
IMG_20200405_200559.jpg

Sunset over "Machinery plant av." (my street as well). On the right - is the house where my grandpa and Gala used to live. Natasha lives here, and the flat belongs to her. Gala still stays here periodically, but it won't last forever. Poor Gala...
IMG_20200405_201001.jpg

IMG_20200405_200503.jpg

Love these photos: Marine sent me some more pics of her Doosya. What a gorgeous kitty...
IMG_20200404_130255.jpg

IMG_20200404_130150.jpg

IMG_20200404_130332.jpg

I think this is a nice video.👇This is the workshop belonging to uncle Borya (Boris Shaulov - husband of my mom's cousin, aunt Sveta). Aunt Sveta is an artist too, but uncle Borya is more well-known. In the video, you can see his paintings, and him too... Major part of his paintings is about SPb, or russian nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.