The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(April 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.S. i found myself in an idiotic situation yesterday evening. I started to fill up our new kettle with tap water, in order to boil it. This kettle has an utterly marasmatic construction. I stepped a couple santimeters back from the sink, and the water started ricocheting off the kettle's handle. I found myself in the middle of a cold fountain. Needless to say, that a few seconds of this fountain were enough to form a gigantic puddle on the floor. The next ten minutes were wasted on swearing and wiping the water off the floor.🤦‍♀️🥴 :lol:
Oops!

Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt. Practical is not my middle name.

I have all good intentions, but, they don't always go how I expect...

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
Oops!

Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt. Practical is not my middle name.

I have all good intentions, but, they don't always go how I expect...
Same here... 🥴 🤣
I don't know about other countries, ...but over here, we have a saying: "The road to hell is paved with good intentions".😁

• Haha
Reactions: Irene Adler
Morning/afternoon y'all! Keeping one's sense of humor is required these days! :D It is a beautiful cool morning again today. I actually missed the sunrise; the sun is getting up earlier now. I am debating getting out among the crazy people on that toilet paper quest today. Someone on the DeLand community Facebook group said they ordered some from Amazon that will be delivered in June!

Morning/afternoon y'all! Keeping one's sense of humor is required these days! :D It is a beautiful cool morning again today. I actually missed the sunrise; the sun is getting up earlier now. I am debating getting out among the crazy people on that toilet paper quest today. Someone on the DeLand community Facebook group said they ordered some from Amazon that will be delivered in June!
Hello Chryssie

You definitely need a sense of humour; especially with my family....

I don't get this obsession with toilet paper? It's even being pinched out of public places, hospitals, etc. Very weird.... I even saw a news report of people coming to blows over it in the shops. Is there something we don't know about it?

Anyway, spoted this:

It may prove useful!

Reactions: Val
That was an interesting video and people have been suggesting that idea. I think part of the whole toilet paper hording phenomena is that people need to have some control over something in their lives in this trying time. I actually read an article addressing this. It makes sense! We have lost our freedom and one thing some people do is buy stuff.... because they CAN! It is a sad situation for those of us who cannot afford to buy in quantity!

Let me start out by saying I love the idea of using cloth wipes but I have two issues with this video.

1. Did she say she also uses the cloths as napkins and handkerchiefs? I don’t care how much you sterilize, bathroom cloths should be used for the bathroom only.:yuck:

2. I would not put them through a rinse cycle only then wash them with my towels.:yuck::yuck: The wipes need to be washed separately.

Good morning everyone! 👋

I washed my hair this morning, and I’m so glad I bought barber shears from CVS Pharmacy when they were still available! I don’t normally cut my own hair, but it’s been about two months since I visited a salon, and I was desperate. I had to perform a little surgery on the hair on top because it was too long and all over the place and I kept trying to plaster it down with a hairbrush to keep it in place and it looked terrible! So I chopped off some of my hair and it’s better. At least it’s not flopping into my eyes.

This is the barber shears I got, only mine have a pretty blue and white pattern which I don’t see on the website anymore.

Good morning everyone! 👋

I washed my hair this morning, and I’m so glad I bought barber shears from CVS Pharmacy when they were still available! I don’t normally cut my own hair, but it’s been about two months since I visited a salon, and I was desperate. I had to perform a little surgery on the hair on top because it was too long and all over the place and I kept trying to plaster it down with a hairbrush to keep it in place and it looked terrible! So I chopped off some of my hair and it’s better. At least it’s not flopping into my eyes.

This is the barber shears I got, only mine have a pretty blue and white pattern which I don’t see on the website anymore.

Lol, mean rusophobic humanoids had forbidded the access. "Access denied" - was all that i saw (they're afraid of spies, apparently).😁

• Haha
Reactions: Irene Adler
Let me start out by saying I love the idea of using cloth wipes but I have two issues with this video.

1. Did she say she also uses the cloths as napkins and handkerchiefs? I don’t care how much you sterilize, bathroom cloths should be used for the bathroom only.:yuck:

2. I would not put them through a rinse cycle only then wash them with my towels.:yuck::yuck: The wipes need to be washed separately.
In this video, they say that poop isn't that dangerous, as long as it comes from a healthy individual.
But, yes. I don't trust cloth wipes in this area, and am not willing to risk it.

• Friendly
  • Wow
Reactions: Irene Adler and Val
Hey everyone! I am back from my outing which was only partially successful! I am so paranoid about being around people now, it was not an enjoyable experience. There was no toilet paper to be found at either dollar store. I was pleased to see that the Dollar General is now stocking some natural, cruelty free toothpaste which I needed. When I asked if there would EVER be toilet paper, the cashier said "hopefully Friday." But of course with my luck, it will be gone in the first few minutes of stocking it and I will not get any. I can't park at the store and watch for the truck to come!
I did get some beer at the ABC liquor store.

I was able to change my flight from April 11 to August 30 with no issue, and it was free. I wonder if it will be safe then. I wanted to cancel the return flight and be able to pick later, but that wasn't an option because I picked basic economy.

I've had a big hike today. It wasn't big literally, but it WAS big for me because i'd left my stick (cane) at home. As a result, my right foot hurts fiercely, and everything hurts,- but i'm contented.🤗 The weather was bizarre. At one moment it was gloomy, warm and wet; at the next moment - it was windy, chilly and very sunny.🌬⛅ ...I reached Mokkolovo peninsula (from where Chukhonka island can be seen), and went back, because i didn't want to cross Defence bridge (its pavement is pretty narrow, with a lot of humanoids traipsing from the right bank to the left bank,- and i was trying to avoid humanoids).
"Documented" Unghshu's "hike at sunset" to Mokkolovo peninsula along "Machinery plant avenue" (from our side of the river). +The river and Chukhonka island from afar; and the field (i had to run quickly in order to cross the road, because i didn't want to touch the button on a traffic lights device, that switches red light to green light for pedestrians).
The 1st picture is nostalgic. I wanted to see our former house, and here it is.
IMG_20200402_230113.jpg

The end of "Machinery plant av." (which is my street as well, a.k.a. my second street) at sunset.
IMG_20200402_224746.jpg

This ochre-colored grass is not only dry,- it's also semi-rotten, because the place is quite swampy.
IMG_20200402_230001.jpg

IMG_20200402_224545.jpg

IMG_20200402_225123.jpg

Behold: mighty Russian spirit in action, haha. Not a single fence (and quarantine) in the world can hold russian spirit back, if it's willing to take a walk in a restricted area. But i decided i shouldn't go in there (though i really wanted). And my next thought was: "Hhmmm, i see the fence, and i obey??? I've probably mutated, and i'm not russian anymore".:rofl: (Just kiddin',- i'm a NextGen russian).:lol:
IMG_20200402_224051.jpg

Unghshu's shadow is posing like Lenin did.😁 He used to make this gesture and utter: "You're going the right way, comrades!" (It's an idiom now, lol).
IMG_20200402_223925.jpg

The field of my childhood. Eeeehhh...
IMG_20200402_223820.jpg

IMG_20200402_222636.jpg

Next to my house. 9p.m.
IMG_20200402_222146.jpg

In this video, they say that poop isn't that dangerous, as long as it comes from a healthy individual.
But, yes. I don't trust cloth wipes in this area, and am not willing to risk it.

If you're a healthy individual you sell your poop for fecal transfusions_

I didn't watch the video, but would only use a cloth to mop up my butt after a bidet.

@SuicideBlonde see if there's one by you!

I was going to suggest sewing face masks, as I'm quite sure we Americans will be wearing them-a lot! If you don't have a machine I bet someone would give you one, so many people have them totally unused. Post in your neighborhood online thing that you're looking for a basic machine and need to be cheap, i bet you'll get one!
You have such a great sense of style! I bet you can come with jewelry to coordinate with them
I've seen some ads for these selling at ten dollars each. They would cost almost nothing to make, and are easy I believe, even if you don't sew

• Friendly
Reactions: Irene Adler and Val
Found these photos on a profile page on VK, and on our lyceum's site. These 2 women have done so much for me.🤝💓 I already miss them.:sheep: The first one is our principle (of our lyceum). So she's my big-big boss. She's over 70y.o., but she looks very fit. Her name is Diana Tikhonovna Mel'nichenko. The second one is 75 y.o. She's my big boss (El'vira Pavlovna Dotzenko). Both surnames are Ukranian, lol. I'm worried about them both, because they are vulnarable: especially my big boss E.P. (on the second picture), because she's had 12 surgeries in total). I want this whole nightmare to end ASAP, so i can see my bosses, my colleagues and the kids again.
S-9t5X3a8f0.jpg

IMG_20200403_011713.jpg

It's kind of funny how little I'm getting done! I went a little crazy with organizing when the stay at home order first went into effect, but now I'm finding it hard to finish anything I start. Except for meals, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.