The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(April 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: Val
I am the worst typer. I can only type with one hand. Better than hunting and pecking, but slow. I try with both hands and it is much slower. It has been a rough year in general.
They gave me a promotion to kitchen manager last year. I was told the staff is great and it will not be that hard. They were the worst. I failed that because I did not get much training or support, the staff was out to get me and I was just bad at it in general. I was not properly trained at cooking and my cooks (who where not my hires) did not do their job correctly. They wanted me to start some new things that I did not know how to do. I was overwhelmed, staff would not hardly show up, so I had to do their jobs. It was like 60 hours a week at least. I got kicked out of being a manager at that location because I failed at making the residents happy with the food. Management sent me to help a CDM whom I worked with in the clinical position while waiting to find out what they were going to do with me. That was around Thanksgiving. The beginning of this year I found a clinical nutrition job, sounded perfect, I could get my licenced dietitian. I put in my two weeks and a week later drove across the state for training. I was awful because they wanted RD work from a DTR. After the last location I was at (I drove across the state south and then back the other way but north) I was called and said I was let go because I was rude to an RD who barely said to words to me. Out of all work. I applied everywhere for a couple months nothing. I took a job making pizza at a local place that just re-opened. I just wanted income. Now, we come to the covid outbreak. After a week of trying to keep staff, they cut it to only bare minimum.
Long story short. I am out of work.

I mean when this ends. I would love to see you again. Sorry your trip got canceled.

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
Hey all

I know this is unrelated, but, just felt like sharing:

Ok, so, today I was mildly stress eating junk (vegan) food, and just went to put back the raw brownies in the fridge. As I put back the sad remnants of the chocolate bar in the cupboard, trying to be clever doing both, the lid fell off the tupperware box with the brownies and 2/3's fell on the floor, I shoved the chocolate away, and rushed to pick up the brownies, before the dog could get them (dates, nuts, cocoa powder all bad for dogs!), and was so cross that as I was scooping them up in kitchen roll, forgot I had left the cupboard door open and bashed myself on the head.

Trying then to fend dog off remaining brownies on floor with my foot and shouting 'No! Leave!!' words that clearly mean to her 'Eat it, now!', I shoved some in the bin, shut cupboard whilst swearing, and managed to grab the rest off the floor whilst debating the '10 second rule' (if it's on the floor less than ten seconds, put it back in the container).

I suddenly recalled that I had stepped in dog poop whilst in slippers this morning as the dog had tracked a bit in on her paws... Eeew. So all in the bin now... I did get the 'Vanish' spray out on the floor! But still. I do have some standards (just). The dog was unimpressed with having her paws wiped and cleaned and keeps giving me accusing looks. Especially as I wouldn't let her clean up the floor in her own way aka eat it.

:scream:

I have concluded that I am safer not doing anything today except slob about on here and in front of TV. Clearly those people advocating excercise should include health warnings for those physically challenged! My head is ok, just a slight ache, more bruised pride.

Note to self, do as suggested for a morning routine on TV 'advice experts', as in don't slob in your zebra onesie with unwashed hair and chocolate crumbs all over you, but DO get washed and dressed as if going out. What the hell would the neighbours think if I was carted off to A&E looking like some mad Zebra loving eejit! 🦓 🤣

Anyway. I managed to console myself with Oreo biscuits (not saying how many) and a proper cup of tea, and now the dog forgives me because she is looking at me hopefully and drooling.....

:doggy:

Hey all

Ok, so, today I was mildly stress eating junk (vegan) food, and just went to put back the raw brownies in the fridge. As I put back the sad remnants of the chocolate bar in the cupboard, trying to be clever doing both, the lid fell off the tupperware box with the brownies and 2/3's fell on the floor, I shoved the chocolate away, and rushed to pick up the brownies, before the dog could get them (dates, nuts, cocoa powder all bad for dogs!), and was so cross that as I was scooping them up in kitchen roll, forgot I had left the cupboard door open and bashed myself on the head.

Trying then to fend dog off remaining brownies on floor with my foot and shouting 'No! Leave!!' words that clearly mean to her 'Eat it, now!', I shoved some in the bin, shut cupboard whilst swearing, and managed to grab the rest off the floor whilst debating the '10 second rule' (if it's on the floor less than ten seconds, put it back in the container).

I suddenly recalled that I had stepped in dog poop whilst in slippers this morning as the dog had tracked a bit in on her paws... Eeew. So all in the bin now... I did get the 'Vanish' spray out on the floor! But still. I do have some standards (just). The dog was unimpressed with having her paws wiped and cleaned and keeps giving me accusing looks. Especially as I wouldn't let her clean up the floor in her own way aka eat it.

I have concluded that I am safer not doing anything today except slob about on here and in front of TV. Clearly those people advocating excercise should include health warnings for those physically challenged! My head is ok, just a slight ache, more bruised pride.

Note to self, do as suggested for a morning routine on TV 'advice experts', as in don't slob in your zebra onesie with unwashed hair and chocolate crumbs all over you, but DO get washed and dressed as if going out. What the hell would the neighbours think if I was carted off to A&E looking like some mad Zebra loving eejit! 🦓 🤣

Anyway. I managed to console myself with Oreo biscuits (not saying how many) and a proper cup of tea, and now the dog forgives me because she is looking at me hopefully and drooling.....

Geez...😂😢😂😢😂😢😂😢😂🤦‍♀️ I feel so so bad for you... but can't stop laughing (recognize myself in some life situations). You've got a writer's talent.👍 I hope you're ok and your head (and your bruised pride) get better after chilling in front of tv.:hug:

Geez...😂😢😂😢😂😢😂😢😂🤦‍♀️ I feel so so bad for you... but can't stop laughing (recognize myself in some life situations). You've got a writer's talent.👍 I hope you're ok and your head (and your bruised pride) get better after chilling in front of tv.:hug:
:blush:
Hello Val

Thanks, you have to laugh, even at yourself sometimes! My head is ok, thanks very much, the oreo biscuit packet is now empty (very much like my head!) I do get myself into stupid situations....

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Hello Val

Thanks, you have to laugh, even at yourself sometimes! My head is ok, thanks very much, the oreo biscuit packet is now empty (very much like my head!) I do get myself into stupid situations....
That's good that you have recovered.:hug: 😁 I also feel sorry for your brownies, spilled onto the floor. What a waste of yummies... :sigh:

Reactions: Irene Adler
Hey all

Definitely a winner for The Gripe thread. :dizzy: :innocent:

That's good that you have recovered.:hug: 😁 I also feel sorry for your brownies, spilled onto the floor. What a waste of yummies... :sigh:
:fp:That was the worst part! I spent ages yesterday making them. Note - a stick blender takes a loooonnnnng time to make raw brownies. I was doing it a bit at a time as I couldn't be harrised to get the big blender out...

• Sad
Reactions: Val
Hello Val

P.S. i found myself in an idiotic situation yesterday evening. I started to fill up our new kettle with tap water, in order to boil it. This kettle has an utterly marasmatic construction. I stepped a couple santimeters back from the sink, and the water started ricocheting from the kettle's handle. I found myself in the middle of a cold fountain. Needless to say, that a few seconds of this fountain were enough to form a gigantic puddle on the floor. The next ten minutes were wasted on swearing and wiping the water off the floor.🤦‍♀️🥴 :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.