The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(April 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everyone! 👋

I washed my hair this morning, and I’m so glad I bought barber shears from CVS Pharmacy when they were still available! I don’t normally cut my own hair, but it’s been about two months since I visited a salon, and I was desperate. I had to perform a little surgery on the hair on top because it was too long and all over the place and I kept trying to plaster it down with a hairbrush to keep it in place and it looked terrible! So I chopped off some of my hair and it’s better. At least it’s not flopping into my eyes.

This is the barber shears I got, only mine have a pretty blue and white pattern which I don’t see on the website anymore.

my bangs are getting too long too

I looked on VF on my phone today and I clicked onto a page I didn't mean to and saw it was called Old People are Expendable. :fp:

Lol, okay... anyway.

I am going to start going out for daily walks again as I am getting stir crazy. I've been getting a lot of reading done staying indoors but I need to get outside!

I’ve been getting outside almost every day, thankfully. And I’m noticing fewer and fewer people out. It’s kind of weird and eery. But it could be the time of day. I’m going out late morning/early afternoon. Initially I was going just before dusk and there were a lot of families with kids. The few people I do pass are keeping the social distancing, even outside. One of us always moves to the grass or street as we pass each other by.

I’m going to have to take the scissor to may hair soon, too. Bangs are easy for me to cut. I always cut them myself when I’m in between visiting the salon. Sometimes I go months and months before I make an appointment. I’m kind of torn, now, though between wanting to try and trim it myself and letting it grow out until this social distancing thing is over. And who knows how long that’s going to be. It might be easier to manage if it’s longer, as the weather gets warmer and more humid. I can pull it back in a ponytail, even though I hate how it looks that way. But I’m going to hate it if I keep it shorter, too, because then it will just be mass of uncontrollable ringlets mixed with frizz.

I hope my hair is the worse thing I have to worry about going forward. :)

I didn't get my hair cut last time as I was ill. I texted my hairdresser to see how she was with the situation and saw my old text saying that I wasn't getting my hair cut as I had some type of virus! I hope that was Covid 19! That was the 22nd of January.

That means I haven't had my hair cut since October. Luckily, I don't have any style to my hair or a fringe (bangs) as it is just shoulder length and centre parting so it doesn't really notice.:cool:

My hair is getting really long again! I wanted a haircut before this crisis but didn't get around to it. I always cut my own bangs so that isn't an issue. I have been putting my hair up with a "clamp" and tying it back into a pony tail most of the time. The salons and barber shops will be really packed when this is over!

We do have a good FNB thingy around me, if I recall. I got an email from FA, and it was from a friend. He does the volunteer program. I could do the earlier shift, I am just not getting up early or doing much.

I used to do hair, so am good on the hair front. ATM it is purple with an undercut. I can bleach it to a more natural color for a job.

My sinuses hurt, my throat hurts and I just want to sleep. Allergies get me a lot. I just want to sleep all day.

Attachments

• purphair.jpg
    purphair.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 7
Good morning everyone! 👋

I washed my hair this morning, and I’m so glad I bought barber shears from CVS Pharmacy when they were still available! I don’t normally cut my own hair, but it’s been about two months since I visited a salon, and I was desperate. I had to perform a little surgery on the hair on top because it was too long and all over the place and I kept trying to plaster it down with a hairbrush to keep it in place and it looked terrible! So I chopped off some of my hair and it’s better. At least it’s not flopping into my eyes.

This is the barber shears I got, only mine have a pretty blue and white pattern which I don’t see on the website anymore.

How I wish I had good hair scissors! I do cut my own hair all over, and the ones I had are terribly dull now. I had to use kitchen shears just to get my bangs done!
Seriously, I still see people with hair in their face always brushing it away. Used to be me, now I can't stand it! I just think how hair would easily catch all kinds of airborne stuff!

How I wish I had good hair scissors! I do cut my own hair all over, and the ones I had are terribly dull now. I had to use kitchen shears just to get my bangs done!
Seriously, I still see people with hair in their face always brushing it away. Used to be me, now I can't stand it! I just think how hair would easily catch all kinds of airborne stuff!

I invested in some professional sheers when I worked at Sally's many years ago. I only use them for cutting my bangs and they are still sharp after 15 years!

Hello everyone!:wave: It's Saturday! :apple: I hope you are having a peaceful (and safe) weekend. :smitten:
Unghshu has boiled the whole pot of red beans, devoured some and crawled under the blanket.:sheep::sleepy: I rarely boil beans (i prefer canned ones), as there is a "story behind it": for instance, tonight i wasted a lot of time and efforts to take 2 stones out of my pot with boiling beans (these stones are inevitable in packs of dried beans, especially if they are cheap).
Annie had been calling me in the afternoon, asking me to play and record some exercise pieces for kids: she decided to gradually upload them to social media (like VK network or "Whatsup" messenger), so they can remember at least some parts of the lesson with music (played by me). Mom was holding my phone over the piano, and i was playing. I hope it wasn't that awful, and Annie gives me a permission to continue.
Mom started to sort out our old vinyl discs (and other). She started with the smaller ones. It's written on them: "Melodiya" ("Melody").
IMG_20200402_221921.jpg

IMG_20200402_222028.jpg

After playing and recording, Unghshu headed out for a walk. It was wet (it had been raining all day, and it's raining even now),- so i didn't go to the basketball field, and didn't sit on a bench,- instead of it, i took a real hike around a half of our district (the most important thing for me - is that i had left my stick at home again, and i felt that my back muscles feel more confident). It seems that i'm getting used to walking without the cane. Nevertheless, it was a pretty long walk, and now legs still hurt like a hell.
Heavenly landscapes over "Machinery plant av." at 8+p.m.
IMG_20200403_234253.jpg

IMG_20200403_233806.jpg

IMG_20200403_234022.jpg

IMG_20200403_234743.jpg

IMG_20200403_235049.jpg

IMG_20200403_234939.jpg

IMG_20200403_235317.jpg

An unexpected find. Couldn't help taking a picture.
IMG_20200403_231457.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.