Music The Beatles... post your favorite tune...

D

Digger

My favorite has always been Strawberry Fields Forever... especially when played backwards... :p

Reactions: Dedalus
I don't know if I can pick a favorite song. I'm a little embarrassed to admit I sometimes (rarely) mix up Paul's post-Beatles work with the Beatles themselves...

"Abbey Road", "Revolver", and "The White Album" are favorites of mine, but when I saw Paul McCartney in concert last summer, it really drove home to me how much good music they created.

Across the Universe is pretty powerful....I'm not one really for naming favourites in things, as I always think it is like comparing apples and oranges.

Fixing a Hole

Eleanor Rigby..

quite a few really. I started buying Beatles Albums when I was about 8, from a second hand record shop. I don't think I even knew that they were famous...

So hard to pick a favorite, but here are a few: Eleanor Rigby, Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds, A Day in the Life, When I'm 64, For No One...ok I will stop now. :D

I'm a huge fan of George. When I took up guitar, "Here Comes the Sun" was the first song I tried to learn. Took me years to get it down - wicked timing!

I love them all. Sorry.

Well...okay. I really love "8 Days a Week" :yes:

By the way, the Fab Four are back in the news because 50 years ago today, Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play, oops, no. 50 years ago today they appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show. If I or any other members of my family watched, I wouldn't remember because I was just 4 years old at the time. May we hijack this thread to talk about the impact their appearance made on the US? Thanks.

From the early days, All My Lovin

In My Life
Here Comes The Sun

Reactions: ledboots
Reporter: How did you find America?
John
: Turned left at Greenland

To celebrate its 50th anniversary, A Hard Day's Night has been restored and will be re-released to theaters. Anyone planning to see it? I've only seen it on TV, so it would certainly be nice to see it the way it's supposed to be seen, on the big screen. :D

I kind of agree with ledboots and KLS52: In My Life. Not that it is my absolute favorite, but a friend of mine who worked at an elementary school died last year. She was a very strong environmentalist, and ran the recycling program at the school. The faculty put on a memorial service for Sherry, and one of her fellow teachers picked "In My Life" as her memorial song. Ever since that, I've been quite touched by the song.

Here's a YouTube that I think is more viewable than the one ledboots posted above.

Reactions: ledboots