US The 2020 Campaign for US President

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Friends,

I just signed the petition "USE THE 25th AMENDMENT TO REMOVE PRESIDENT TRUMP & SAVE AMERICAN LIVES" and wanted to ask if you could add your name too.

This campaign means a lot to me and the more support we can get behind it, the better chance we have of succeeding. You can read more and sign the petition here:

Thank you!

Trump is back on twitter just 5 minutes ago with a video condemning those who broke into the Capitol, saying that law breakers must pay, accepting the inauguration of Biden , commenting about a smooth transition of power, and more clearly accepting the result than before. I think you'll all feel slightly better after watching it but I'll let you put "Trump twitter" into google if you want to see it rather than post the link.

Trump is back on twitter just 5 minutes ago with a video condemning those who broke into the Capitol, saying that law breakers must pay, accepting the inauguration of Biden , commenting about a smooth transition of power, and more clearly accepting the result than before. I think you'll all feel slightly better after watching it but I'll let you put "Trump twitter" into google if you want to see it rather than post the link.

It’s not better, though. He’s just trying to avoid impeachment or the 25th Ammendment. Does he mean those things? No. Will it keep him in office longer, with power that he can abuse? Quite possibly.

“To those who engaged in the acts of violence and destruction, you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law, you will pay,” Trump says in the video.

Literally every single person who entered the capitol was breaking the law :dismay:
25th, Now

But now he’s turning on his own followers, as we all predicted would happen.

I can’t wait to see if Pence invokes the 25th. I doubt he will, given his history, but you never know.

• Agree
Reactions: 1956
He's a narcissist. When forced to choose between himself and his followers, he chooses himself.

He has to choose between that angry mob turning against him and the 25th Ammendment or impeachment. What will happen next?

• Agree
Reactions: 1956
I don't think anything will come of this 25th stuff to be honest because it needs Republican support. I think it makes more sense to focus on quietly ensuring that if he gives any last minute crazy orders that they won't be followed. That was what was done in Nixon's time I believe. Like if Trump decides to use nuclear weapons for instance (unlikely) there needs to be a plan in place and an agreement between certain people that the orders won't be carried out.

I predict and hope that Trump´s video will have a calming effect on his supporters and the Trump supporter protests/riots in the rest of the month will be small. I am hopeful that the Trump protests will die down now or at least take a breather.

At this point, I am more worried about lone wolf attacks. The really hardcore Trump supporters who will be ****** off if their movement peters out, perhaps mentally unstable angry people, who have lost the plot and genuinely believe Trump was cheated out of the election and a lot of them are pro gun crowd. I think all the liberal media (like CNN), senior politicians (Democrats and Republicans like Mitt Romney who didn´t support Trump enough for some people´s liking), election officials in places where close races were certified for Biden are all possible targets.

Unfortunately human nature seems to be to shut the stable door after the horse has bolted. Right now, they are probably tripling Capitol security but what they should be doing is have the FBI identify, profile and follow the 100 Trump supporters most likely to carry out an assassination or mass shooting based on video of recents protests/riots, trawling of social media.

If CNN hasn´t dramatically increased its security at its buildings compared to years ago, searching every entrant who doesn´t work there for guns, or adding metal detectors, then they really should.

If Mitt Romney still thinks it´s appropriate to fly in coach on his own without security then he´s taking a risk.

State governors and election officials in Georgia, PA etc also should take precautions.

etc etc

Dear Friends,

I just signed the petition "USE THE 25th AMENDMENT TO REMOVE PRESIDENT TRUMP & SAVE AMERICAN LIVES" and wanted to ask if you could add your name too.

This campaign means a lot to me and the more support we can get behind it, the better chance we have of succeeding. You can read more and sign the petition here:

Thank you!
Why are you posting political things on a vegan forum? To be fair there are at least some republican vegans.

Why are you posting political things on a vegan forum? To be fair there are at least some republican vegans.
There may have been Republican vegans before Trump.
But all the qualities and values that vegans support and adhere to are not ones that we see in today's Republicans and certainly not the ones embodied in Trump. this petition is not against Republicans. It is just against Trump. some Republicans don't support Trump either.
if you don't like the petition - don't sign it.

Rats. Sinking ships.

Hey, we need an animal-friendly version of that idiom. Although maybe not. Basically it is saying that rats are clever.

Maybe comparing all these guys who are resigning to rats isn't fair to rats.

Impeachment is Really sounding like a good idea to me...
At first I thought that if the republicans in the senate didn’t agree to it that it would just make him more popular with his base supporters...which it might do, however, I don’t know if that matters now...
The most important thing is that he would be Impeached twice by the House, therefore not able to Ever hold public office again...

The Insurrection of the House will Hopefully be the End of trump...
So sad that it had to happen the way that it did, especially with the loss of 5 lives...
What is So great though is that trump brought it upon himself!

Impeachment is Really sounding like a good idea to me...
At first I thought that if the republicans in the senate didn’t agree to it that it would just make him more popular with his base supporters...which it might do, however, I don’t know if that matters now...
The most important thing is that he would be Impeached twice by the House, therefore not able to Ever hold public office again...
oh, i didn't realize that was a rule. Good. I was concerned it would take up too much time, but the house ought to impeach him in an afternoon

Reactions: Emma JC
Status
Not open for further replies.