US The 2020 Campaign for US President

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've long thought Trump shouldn't be prosecuted after leaving office. That changed today.

I'd say some members of Congress deserve expulsion after all this as well.

We'll still have to live with his supporters, but I think the non-crazies will start to distance themselves and the rest don't get to have veto power over justice and accountability. As so many of them like to express with their T-shirts: **** your feelings.

If - Everyone of the republicans who wanted to challenge the certification do not Now back down and just go ahead with the certification How can they live with themselves ?

Police shoot unarmed people all the time. I bet she wouldn't have been shot if she hadn't stormed a government building :dismay: . I can't believe how much is being allowed--not surprised though
A difference is this:

* When protesters or police are hurt during Black Lives Matters protests, our elected officials condemn the violence.

* When protesters force their way into the Capitol building, and a person gets killed, the President says, "These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly & unfairly treated for so long."
Link to quote: Trump blames deadly riot he caused on 'sacred' election win being 'stripped'

Last edited:
A difference is this:

* When protesters or police are hurt during Black Lives Matters protests, our elected officials condemn the violence.

* When a person was killed during the Capitol building occupation, the President says, "These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly & unfairly treated for so long."
Link to quote: Trump blames deadly riot he caused on 'sacred' election win being 'stripped'
trump’s reaction to the storming of the Capital just shows that he doesn’t care about the US government he only cares about himself...trump now has blood on his hands... he incited this incident...

It is finished. 😊
Now Trump says there will be an orderly transition of power...of course he’s still mad that he was robbed of the election and said that he had the greatest first/only term in American history. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
On Inauguration Day, the current election cycle will be concluded. If someone wants to close this thread and start a new one for the Biden administration, or for the elections of 2022 and/or 2024, be my guest.

However, Donald Trump will never stop whining about the 2020 election, so if you want to keep this thread open to discuss it, go ahead. Otherwise, a new thread on that can be started.

I vote this thread for now. I’d wait until 1/20/21. Not that this is a democracy. 😁

Reactions: Lou
Who would have thought the security arrangements for the capitol of the most powerful country in the world is a complete Mickey Mouse operation?

Initially, I agreed with you but now I can't help but to contrast this with the DC's police response to the BLM protest in Lafayette Square.

The thread is titled "2020 campaign". I think it shouldn't be use to discuss other political events that occur after the inauguration. I think keep it going until inauguration and Trump leaving the white house and Biden entering it have all occurred and then at some point - whether right away or some time later - someone could probably start a new thread for politics discussion.

This hasn't been reported by the media much but sadly Trump's antics since election day have had no impact at all on his approval ratings

He averages low to mid 40s still. He actually had a lower approval rating in 2017 when he was in the high 30s.

This can't be good news for the future of American democracy. I was expecting him to at least lose a few points.

You may recall he once said "“I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters”.

I’m still seeing FB friends defending him with “poor Mr. trump...he’s been treated so badly and tormented for four years when he’s done so much good for the country. The poor poor man.”

I’m so glad one of my favorite comedians, Jim Gaffigan, who does “clean comedy” and normally does routines about food and being a father, has NOT turned out to be some right wing nut. Okay, he did do some dumb jokes about vegetarians, but that’s kind of low-hanging fruit for a lot of comedians, like bottled water, which Lewis Black, another one of my favorite comedians, did a whole routine about when I first discovered him back in 2004. Make fun of people who would rather eat a kale salad than a bacon sandwich, and it’s a guaranteed laugh from the audience. Since I like the rest of Jim’s comedy, I’ll give him a pass on that. YMMV.

Anyway, here’s something I like from Jim Gaffigan:

• Agree
Reactions: Emma JC and 1956
that idea occurred to me too. and this guy.

"Nobody can tell me that if it was a group of Black Lives Matter protesters that they wouldn't have been treated differently than the thugs who stormed the Capitol,' Biden said. "We all know that is true. And it is unacceptable – totally unacceptable."

Dear Friends,

I just signed the petition "USE THE 25th AMENDMENT TO REMOVE PRESIDENT TRUMP & SAVE AMERICAN LIVES" and wanted to ask if you could add your name too.

This campaign means a lot to me and the more support we can get behind it, the better chance we have of succeeding. You can read more and sign the petition here:

Thank you!

• Agree
Reactions: silva
Dear Friends,

I just signed the petition "USE THE 25th AMENDMENT TO REMOVE PRESIDENT TRUMP & SAVE AMERICAN LIVES" and wanted to ask if you could add your name too.

This campaign means a lot to me and the more support we can get behind it, the better chance we have of succeeding. You can read more and sign the petition here:

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.