US The 2020 Campaign for US President

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting thing I read today. I'll put it in the unintended consequences box.

Michael Cohen says the associates Trump pardoned may now be forced to testify against him because they can no longer invoke the Fifth Amendment​

I did some googling and this idea is being reported by many news outlets. So I'm thinking that maybe this could happen.

What happens on January 6?
Congress validates the electoral college votes. But supposedly it’s going to be challenged by Trump supporting members in an attempt to overturn the results. It’s a long shot but still scary for me.

• Informative
Reactions: Urban Gardener
Congress validates the electoral college votes. But supposedly it’s going to be challenged by Trump supporting members in an attempt to overturn the results. It’s a long shot but still scary for me.

I’m still shocked that he was elected!

Remember the 80’s when he was famous just for being a stupid rich guy? The male version of a bimbo? A mimbo?

Reactions: KLS52
Actually, even after 1/5 I will still be a little nervous. What if he won't leave the White House?

I won't stop worrying till I see him leave and get on Marine 1.
Well I know some people who are hoping he doesn’t leave because they want to see him dragged out of there lol. I know it’s not really funny. I don’t know what the protocol is if he literally refuses to leave. I like to think he will go...maybe slink out in the dark of night.

Reactions: Lou
Well I know some people who are hoping he doesn’t leave because they want to see him dragged out of there lol. I know it’s not really funny. I don’t know what the protocol is if he literally refuses to leave. I like to think he will go...maybe slink out in the dark of night.
It's not funny. He deserves to dragged out in handcuffs. I don't want mercy, I'm tired of the Dems wimpiness. We just went through four years of having our country run by a mobster--and we had plenty of warning. Now we're going to let bygones be bygones? Give them all another a pass? I hope not!
How is it that people have more hate of Islam than Qanon?

It's not funny. He deserves to dragged out in handcuffs. I don't want mercy, I'm tired of the Dems wimpiness. We just went through four years of having our country run by a mobster--and we had plenty of warning. Now we're going to let bygones be bygones? Give them all another a pass? I hope not!
63% of me agrees with you. The rest is various shades of lets get on with it.

Reactions: Urban Gardener
63% of me agrees with you. The rest is various shades of lets get on with it.
I don't see getting on with anything if we don't put an end to our democracy, our science, our freedoms, being compromised bit by bit by bit.
A statehouse taken over by thugs with rifles and what was the pushback?

I think there will be more fallout after he leaves office and we get to piece together what actually happened. More evidence will come to light and it will be logistically easier to hold everyone accountable.

I'm hoping the AG in NYC issues indictments the minute he steps foot outside the boundaries of the White House. He and his grifter family need to pay for so many things.

Democrats likely to control both House and Senate:

ATLANTA (Reuters) -Democrats won one U.S. Senate race in Georgia and led in another on Wednesday, moving closer to a surprise sweep in a former Republican stronghold that would give them control of Congress and the power to advance President-elect Joe Biden’s agenda.

Link: Georgia on cusp of delivering Senate to Democrats as Warnock wins, Ossoff leads

Democrats likely to control both House and Senate:

ATLANTA (Reuters) -Democrats won one U.S. Senate race in Georgia and led in another on Wednesday, moving closer to a surprise sweep in a former Republican stronghold that would give them control of Congress and the power to advance President-elect Joe Biden’s agenda.

Link: Georgia on cusp of delivering Senate to Democrats as Warnock wins, Ossoff leads
Man. that was too close.
Had the Election result on TV last night on mute with captions. I would look up from my book every once in a while and check it out. Atlanta made the night very interesting and suspenseful. Could have made a good reality TV show. The Real Vote Counters of Atlanta.

Reactions: Emma JC
Watching the certification on cnn...nerve wracking!

What a disaster. Protesters have breached the capital/capitol? and are inside. The certification process is on hold and Congress members are hunkering down in their chambers. Staff members are being told to stay in their offices.

• Angry
Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
Never thought we'd see Wally George in the White House. Glad to see him leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.