US The 2020 Campaign for US President

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s this January 6 I’m reading about? Where Pence counts the the electoral votes? And some states submit two separate counts? So he gets to decide which ones to count? Do they make this stuff up as they go along? People are saying Biden will not be President. 🤦‍♀️
I want to throw up.

Calm down.
That's BS.
and may i suggest you get your news from a reliable source

The Next News Network is a YouTube channel produced in Chicago’s western suburbs that pumps out a dozen or so aggressively partisan videos each day. They usually stick to praising President Donald Trump or attacking his critics, but every so often they wade into the dark waters of conspiracy theory.​
In just the last few months, the channel’s owner and host, Gary Franchi, has showcased several baseless allegations, including a suggestion that antifa might be behind the Western wildfires, an osteopath’s insistence that the COVID-19 pandemic was “a false flag operation” and a claim that Democratic politicians had members of Seal Team 6 killed to cover up a dirty deal with Iran.​

Calm down.
That's BS.

The Next News Network is a YouTube channel produced in Chicago’s western suburbs that pumps out a dozen or so aggressively partisan videos each day. They usually stick to praising President Donald Trump or attacking his critics, but every so often they wade into the dark waters of conspiracy theory.​
In just the last few months, the channel’s owner and host, Gary Franchi, has showcased several baseless allegations, including a suggestion that antifa might be behind the Western wildfires, an osteopath’s insistence that the COVID-19 pandemic was “a false flag operation” and a claim that Democratic politicians had members of Seal Team 6 killed to cover up a dirty deal with Iran.​

Agreed 100%. The Next News Network is garbage.

Reuters news and the Associated Press news are independently-rated as having high accuracy and a pretty low bias.

Last edited:
What’s this January 6 I’m reading about? Where Pence counts the the electoral votes? And some states submit two separate counts? So he gets to decide which ones to count? Do they make this stuff up as they go along? People are saying Biden will not be President. 🤦‍♀️
I want to throw up.
Also, the first thing this guy says is, "This is all over the real media..."
Checked my news feeder and google, and it's not all over ANY media.

However, as Amy said, we can't start to breathe easy till Jan 20th. Or maybe a little after that as the Captial Police lead him out of the building in handcuffs and he is charged with trespassing.

Reactions: KLS52
Lol @ calm down. This is me you’re talking to. I don’t do calm.
😜

This Biden victory has been the slowest victory of all time. Like a soccer match where you can kind of see the ball is going in the goal but there's a still a small chance the keeper might get it but then it's past the keeper but you still want to watch it hit the back of the net...and finally it has....after about a month....but then the referee goes to consult the linesman....but then the goal is given....but then there is a plot afoot to steal the trophy....but then the trophy is awarded...but then they demand a rematch.....

To be honest this has been pretty much over for about a month now. Once Biden won the Georgia recount he had an unassailable 3 state lead. That was about when I relaxed. Then again, I don't live in the US so it's easy for me to say.

Now the leader of Mexico and Russia's Putin have congratulated Biden. Possibly all the major world leaders have now done so.

Mitch McConell - Republican senate majority leader - saying that the electoral college has spoken and congratulating Biden is even more significant.

I wouldn't worry too much. I honestly think you can all relax now.

On a lighter note, I had a dream last night where I was the Vice President elect. The main drama of the dream was whether I would get to a speech that Joe was giving that day.

The dream started with me chatting to Joe and trying to find out whether he would announce any big new policies in his speech and trying to find out whether I could influence him in any way with his policies. He gave evasive answers which I found worrying.

I then met Barack Obama but he said that he shouldn't wear the tie I had on, which was too similar in colour to my shirt, both being light colours. I went to check in the mirror and realized he was right. I looked terrible. I was unsure what to do as it seemed too late to change it and I was worried that this may attract a lot of press attention and embarrass the President. However, then I came across Rick Santorum and he had accidentally put on a tie with someone else's name on it, which made me feel better as this seemed worse.

I was them at home with my wife and son and it turned out I had made a promise to them to do something at the same time as Joe's big speech which I had forgotten about. As a taxi arrived to the house, I then had to decide whether to let down by wife and son by breaking my promise to them or whether to cause a scandal by not even showing up to the President elect's big speech. I think this was where the dream ended, because I cannot remember anything after that.

It was not really explained what happened to Kamala Harris unfortunately. I seem to have somehow replaced her!

On a lighter note, I had a dream last night where I was the Vice President elect. The main drama of the dream was whether I would get to a speech that Joe was giving that day.

The dream started with me chatting to Joe and trying to find out whether he would announce any big new policies in his speech and trying to find out whether I could influence him in any way with his policies. He gave evasive answers which I found worrying.

I then met Barack Obama but he said that he shouldn't wear the tie I had on, which was too similar in colour to my shirt, both being light colours. I went to check in the mirror and realized he was right. I looked terrible. I was unsure what to do as it seemed too late to change it and I was worried that this may attract a lot of press attention and embarrass the President. However, then I came across Rick Santorum and he had accidentally put on a tie with someone else's name on it, which made me feel better as this seemed worse.

I was them at home with my wife and son and it turned out I had made a promise to them to do something at the same time as Joe's big speech which I had forgotten about. As a taxi arrived to the house, I then had to decide whether to let down by wife and son by breaking my promise to them or whether to cause a scandal by not even showing up to the President elect's big speech. I think this was where the dream ended, because I cannot remember anything after that.

It was not really explained what happened to Kamala Harris unfortunately. I seem to have somehow replaced her!
Wow, I never have dreams like that. All i ever have is the ones where i have a test I forgot about

• Haha
Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
I want to throw up.
a friend just called me and he said he heard this From Steve Miller on Fox News.

a friend just called me and he said he heard this From Steve Miller on Fox News.
Yep, i found the clip on YouTube.

Here is what the NYT has to say about it.

Stephen Miller, a senior adviser in the White House, appeared on Fox News on Monday morning, before the Electoral College had begun the official process of voting, to promote the so-called “alternate” electors.​
....​
Mr. Miller said that the alternate votes were organized in the case that lawsuits filed by the president in several states succeeded in overturning Mr. Biden’s victories in those states. But the president’s legal efforts to contest election results in Georgia and across the country have overwhelmingly failed.​

This Biden victory has been the slowest victory of all time. Like a soccer match where you can kind of see the ball is going in the goal but there's a still a small chance the keeper might get it but then it's past the keeper but you still want to watch it hit the back of the net...and finally it has....after about a month....but then the referee goes to consult the linesman....but then the goal is given....but then there is a plot afoot to steal the trophy....but then the trophy is awarded...but then they demand a rematch.....

To be honest this has been pretty much over for about a month now. Once Biden won the Georgia recount he had an unassailable 3 state lead. That was about when I relaxed. Then again, I don't live in the US so it's easy for me to say.

Now the leader of Mexico and Russia's Putin have congratulated Biden. Possibly all the major world leaders have now done so.

Mitch McConell - Republican senate majority leader - saying that the electoral college has spoken and congratulating Biden is even more significant.

I wouldn't worry too much. I honestly think you can all relax now.
I know.!
when do i get to start singing and dancing?

I’m really annoyed that Trump took the joy out of the election results but then I’m sure that was part of his plan. What ever happened to waking up the day after the election and being able to celebrate. :pout:

Calm down.
That's BS.

Thats because that is republican newspaper my dad complained for years he had to get it for ads and other stuff.

• Informative
This is funny, but it might be behind a pay wall or regionally restricted. George Clooney talking about Trump before his political career moment and what an idiot he was.

Here it is:

George Clooney recalls ‘dumb goofball’ Trump bothering celebs, leering at waitresses

Oscar winner George Clooney knows President Trump as the unwanted “dumb goofball” who glommed onto him and VIPs like his pal Rande Gerber at bars like Gerber’s Stone Rose on the Upper West Side.

“He was the dumb goofball,” Clooney recalled during a Wednesday interview on “The Howard Stern Show.” “He was the guy that came up to us at the Stone Rose and sat at our table when he wasn’t invited and then he’d say ‘What’s the name of the girl, the waitress, the cocktail waitress?’”

Clooney was unimpressed by the reality star who later became president and didn’t think much of his alleged antics.

“Well I don’t know — Ask your wife,” Clooney joked. “He used to be that guy.”

Clooney recalled Stern famously claiming in May that he too used to run into Trump socially and believes “The Apprentice” host would have hated the MAGA crowd that’s rabidly loyal to his political persona now. According to Clooney, Stern’s judgment was right on the mark.

“He wants to be hanging in Hollywood with us,” Clooney told Stern. “It would make his life thrill. That’s who he is.”

According to Clooney, fame means more to Trump than it does to him personally.

“I don’t have a f---ing star on the Hollywood Boulevard,” Clooney said. “He does.”

By BRIAN NIEMIETZ
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
DEC 16, 2020 AT 4:31 PM

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
Still no dancing in the streets but it seems like everyone is writing songs and singing.

I love this stuff. Warning...two bad words. Not really bad. Maybe inappropriate, referring to butt and poop. 😁

Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
Status
Not open for further replies.