Thanksgiving in US

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right, but our Aldi is a tiny one, they dont even have tofu. Luckily, my hubs passes by a larger one on the way home from work, so i can easily send him in there!

Same here; no tofu, no pb cheese only a few burgers, sliced seitan and pb milk. At Lidl's no stuff whatsover except for cereal (grains), nuts and pb spread.

Reactions: Qwaychou
I'm just curious to know what you order from them. :)
My last two orders consisted of vegetarian plus frozen meals...Kung Pao chicken, citrus spare ribs and vegan Quorn products. I was also able to order Grayston Bakery cinnamon blondies which promptly went into the freezer so I wouldn’t eat them all, lol, and my Earth Balance cheese puffs that WF stopped carrying. Sometimes I just need my snacks!

My last two orders consisted of vegetarian plus frozen meals...Kung Pao chicken, citrus spare ribs and vegan Quorn products. I was also able to order Grayston Bakery cinnamon blondies which promptly went into the freezer so I wouldn’t eat them all, lol, and my Earth Balance cheese puffs that WF stopped carrying. Sometimes I just need my snacks!
Those are evil! So good, haha. My sister is now eating them, and she brought a bag last weekend when she visited. It was gone in about 10 minutes. :D

I was surprised not to see a Thanksgiving post today...

Most people are cooking turkey, stuffing and gravy packed with turkey parts... (my family included.) So, I'm bringing my children and I a veggie "turkey" Quorn roast, veggie gravy and green bean casserole to the family dinner. I'm crossing my fingers that everything else is not cooked with the turkey.

Anyone want to share about their Thanksgiving dinner & experience? Did you bring something that the "meat-eaters" liked?

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the US!
Howdy -

I talked my family (no vegans but me) into having a totally vegan thanksgiving dinner by offering to cook everything. They agreed! So I made: Baked pumpkin stuffed with sage dressing, mashed potatoes with golden vegan gravy, sweet potato casserole, butternut squash pasta casserole, creamy caesar drizzled brussels sprouts, steamed green beans, whole-grain bread with elephant garlic spread, date and nut crust fruit pie, and walnut brownies. If I can brag a bit, it was really good! But best of all, it didn't include purposely killing any animals for us to eat! :)

That’s awesome, Elminster!

Reactions: Emma JC
Status
Not open for further replies.