Thanksgiving in US

Status
Not open for further replies.
I double checked those and no, no one carries them! Do i live under a rock? On mars? I cant be the only vegan in michigan

I bought extras at Easter so that I always have 2 or 3 in the freezer because we love them so much. We already had our Thanksgiving, then we had one for Veterans Day and I have one left for Christmas. I will buy three more next time. Around here people will drive for an hour or more to buy them.

Emma JC

That is good enough for me, I'm gonna look for them. Maybe they'd be a specialty item for the holidays?

yes, they often only order them in ahead of Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas

by they I mean the grocery store

Emma JC

Thank you, Emma! I tried it, but even the website said no one "near me" carries the roasts. *cry emoji*

I tasted all the brands I think. I liked the Gardein the best but I really need to give Field Roast another go cause I screwed up the prep.

And you can order a "roast" online. there may not be time to get one before Thanksgiving but you can pre-order for xmas.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
I was surprised not to see a Thanksgiving post today...

Most people are cooking turkey, stuffing and gravy packed with turkey parts... (my family included.) So, I'm bringing my children and I a veggie "turkey" Quorn roast, veggie gravy and green bean casserole to the family dinner. I'm crossing my fingers that everything else is not cooked with the turkey.

Anyone want to share about their Thanksgiving dinner & experience? Did you bring something that the "meat-eaters" liked?

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the US!

We DO have a Thanksgiving thread. It's a good one too.
We started it for the Canadians back in October.
But it has sort of gone dark. so let's keep this one going,

@Lou
I went ot the field roast website and amazon, i could not find a place to order a roast from.

Try this one

or this

Thank you, Lou! I went through the list on the first link and am on a waiting list for a company that delivers international. The Instacart site said it wasnt avaialble in my area. But, i am so thankful for your help!

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
So, unsurprisingly, all the Tofurky roasts were sold out. So, im making sweet and sour cranberry sauce and crispy tofu for me, and some kind of sea animal for my husband. I doubt my teenager will eat anything besides junk and meat analogues. To say the least, I'm a little dissapointed.

So, unsurprisingly, all the Tofurky roasts were sold out. So, im making sweet and sour cranberry sauce and crispy tofu for me, and some kind of sea animal for my husband. I doubt my teenager will eat anything besides junk and meat analogues. To say the least, I'm a little dissapointed.

That is disappointing, nothing available on Amazon? or at Whole Foods somewhere? or Walmart online?

Emma JC

Reactions: Qwaychou
@Quaychou Im sorry to hear that, I forget sometimes how easy it is to be vegan in California, even outside of the city. www.VeganEssentials.com is a good place to use in the future, I enjoyed their services during my three months living on a camp ground in a national forest for work during a recent summer.

Here, my friends and I are planning together tomorrow:

Appetizer:

Chips and dip

Meal:

2 Tofurkys with gravy
Roasted vegetables
Mashed potatoes
Stuffing
Sesame green beans
Vegan Mac n cheez

Dessert:

Chocolate pie

Beverages (non-alcohol):

Sparkling cider
Mulled cider
Herbal teas

Reactions: Qwaychou
Thank you! I looked them up! Im on a list now that will let me know when the roasts are back in stock! Maybe xmas dinner this year? Thank you, thank you!

The obly broth cubes at my aldi are chicken and beef, ive never seen veggie cubes.

It may depend on each branch. Most Aldi's have quite a large selection of plant based seasonings and spices. However, sometimes you really do
have to hunt around the shop for certain items. :p

It may depend on each branch. Most Aldi's have quite a large selection of plant based seasonings and spices. However, sometimes you really do
have to hunt around the shop for certain items. :p
You are right, but our Aldi is a tiny one, they dont even have tofu. Luckily, my hubs passes by a larger one on the way home from work, so i can easily send him in there!

Reactions: KLS52
Status
Not open for further replies.