Taco Bell

thefadedone

Needs a life
Reaction score
I know, I know. Fast food = evil. But it is convenient on road trips, when you're on the run, and during the times when you just want a damn burrito!

Taco Bell has always been one of the most veg friendly and go to spots for us, but soon we will have even more options besides the bean burrito fresco style.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/06/taco-bell-cantina-menu_n_1573366.html

Black beans, corn salsa, chips & guac, cilantro rice and pico! Plus burrito bowls!! One of the things I love about Moe's and Chipotle are the tofu or bean bowls.

Looks like the prices will be a bit higher compared to Taco Bell's regular menu, but they claim they will offer your money back if you don't like it. The new menu starts July 5.

Ummm... wow. Taco Bell is going upscale? I like it. The article wasn't very specific as to whether they would have any vegan options, but if they do, I would most certainly be on board. I've been getting a bit tired of ordering the exact same thing for about 4 years now (Fresco Bean Burrito). Yeah, I have been to T.B. hundreds of times in the last few years and I have only ordered that one thing. Precisely, my order has been: 2 bean burritos, fresco style and a small drink. I could recite that in my sleep. It would be nice to be able to order something else!

I'm looking forward to this, as I'm getting tired of the fresco bean burrito! I hope black beans and cilantro rice are vegan.

However, by July 5th, the Chipotle that's currently under construction less than a block from where the nearest Taco Bell is will probably be open. I'll just go there instead, depending on how much I want to spend.

I'm looking forward to this, as I'm getting tired of the fresco bean burrito! I hope black beans and cilantro rice are vegan.

However, by July 5th, the Chipotle that's currently under construction less than a block from where the nearest Taco Bell is will probably be open. I'll just go there instead, depending on how much I want to spend.

Lucky you. Chipotle is awesome. The nearest one to me is about 20 miles away.

Lucky you. Chipotle is awesome. The nearest one to me is about 20 miles away.

And here I thought my 20 minute drive was a hardship. Will soon be down to five minutes, can't wait for the new one to open up!

I was thinking about this today, and I recall that Taco Bell did used to offer bowls, years ago. I was omni then, and I remember really loving the southwest chicken bowl, or whatever it was. I think you could order the bowls without meat. I will be interested to try the new bowls.

And here I thought my 20 minute drive was a hardship. Will soon be down to five minutes, can't wait for the new one to open up!

20 miles with a little traffic can easily be a 30 minute drive each way. I only get an hour for lunch, which would mean I would have about 1 second to eat a burrito!

Nearest taco bell is 65 miles away for me. We do have a McDonalds though. :confused: A Subway, DQ, Taco Johns and Pizza Hut round out the fast food joints. We used to have a KFC and A&W long, long time ago both have been gone for well over 20 years.

You all should check out the Taco Bell in Shanghai. On Valentine's day you can't get in without a reservation unless you wanna wait like 2 hours. And all the staff says "hola" to you with a Chinese accent every time they walk by. Nothing wrong with that but it all seemed pretty cheesy seeing an upscale Taco Bell in the middle of China.

Reactions: sallyomally
You all should check out the Taco Bell in Shanghai. On Valentine's day you can't get in without a reservation unless you wanna wait like 2 hours. And all the staff says "hola" to you with a Chinese accent every time they walk by. Nothing wrong with that but it all seemed pretty cheesy seeing an upscale Taco Bell in the middle of China.

People wait to go into a Taco Bell, whoa.

My nearest Chipotle is 30 minutes away , but I have a couple Taco Bells nearby.

WonderRandy once mentioned that he gets his burritos grilled so they don't end up soggy and falling apart , which is a fantastic idea. I've been asking for grilled burritos at my local mexican restaurant ever since he mentioned it. It does make a huge difference, especially since I hate soggy breads or wraps.

Wow that sounds really interesting! Well except for the 2 hour wait part. :p

Would like to try to eat at fast food chains in the US.

You need to! We have some fabulous crappy food here.

We have a Taco Bell about two minutes from our place. We eat there fairly often,even though my bean tacos come with meat on a pretty regular basis.Poor things just cannot wrap their heads around a taco made with no meat or cheese. Back around I go,explaining my order to a very confused looking person who in turn tries to explain things to another very confused looking person.I finally learned to examine the contents of the bag before driving away! A friend introduced me to a very tasty special order burrito;potato,beans,extra pico de gallo,and grilled. Not bad for faux Mexican food.

People wait to go into a Taco Bell, whoa.

It happens. Not related to Taco Bell, but our principal had a friend visiting from India who could not believe we had McDonald's on every corner and that he could get in without a reservation or a two hour wait.He asked to eat there everyday. It seems that in his village,only the upper crust could afford it. He even made her stop the car once so he could stand in front of the sign and have his picture taken to show to his friends and family back home.

My nearest Chipotle is 30 minutes away , but I have a couple Taco Bells nearby.

WonderRandy once mentioned that he gets his burritos grilled so they don't end up soggy and falling apart , which is a fantastic idea. I've been asking for grilled burritos at my local mexican restaurant ever since he mentioned it. It does make a huge difference, especially since I hate soggy breads or wraps.
Yup. Fresco Bean Burrito, add potatoes, grilled. Only way to go.